Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Transmission Mounts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #1

Question Transmission Mounts

Hello members, I was wondering if any of you have a picture of how the transmission of the traxxas emaxx or erevo is mounted to the transmission mounted. Because I would like to make my own if I could. Thanks
FlashGordon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Transmission Mounts

RC4WD used to have some but I just checked their site and they are no longer there. They were basically just L brackets with a couple holes in them that matched the tranny and chassis. It was a very simple mount, too bad they don't have any more.
dont slow down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #3

Unhappy Re: Transmission Mounts

It is real sad that RC4WD do not sell those parts.
FlashGordon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

The TXT is fading away like many of Tamiya's vehicles do. The super class is also pretty much gone so support for the TXT has nearly vanished. You can still find parts on ebay or towerhobbies. It's a great truck, I still have mine set up and in a running status but have not driven it in a long time, it's hard to find good terrain for it here in FL.
dont slow down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #5

I thought of a great idea to mount my emaxx transmission to my txt but I need to find some aluminum to mess around with and practice bending it. If I get something fabbed up I might be able to make another set.

Where I want to mount it, it would require me to remove the battery trays. I havent got that far ahead in my thinking but Im sure I could figure something out. My txt is stock and I would use the two unused holes right below the top shock mounts. The axles would almost be coming out at a straight angle while the truck is sitting level. I think the transmission would still be clearing the 4-link setup and not be in danger of being snagged by a rock on the bottom. It would be close to RC4WD setup... Ideas, ideas, ideas

It sounds easy but I dont know if I could get the dimensions right with the aluminum. Only one way to find out
MentillStitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Transmission Mounts - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transmission/motor mounts steel verse delrin Rat1 General Crawlers 5 02-13-2007 04:36 PM