Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: TXT-1 Gear ratio?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2004, 08:27 AM   #21
AFJ
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: TXT-1 Gear ratio?

Yea ive tried germany division and they didnt write back, so i think ill have to order from US again
AFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2004, 03:09 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

wow, i didnt know that the mammoth was 4WD. cool. the only problem i see with this is you can only use one motor. that, IMHO puts this at a disadvantage. now im not meaning to bash the idea i think its really really cool, and will more then likely try it when i get my txt, but i just think two is better. correct me if im wrong. i really really like the set up and thats its completlly bolt on. do you use special pinnions for this tranny or could you use ones like on a maxx tranny?

BTW could you use a GD-600 unit to further reduce the recuction.
Nomercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 07:49 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomercy
wow, i didnt know that the mammoth was 4WD. cool. the only problem i see with this is you can only use one motor. that, IMHO puts this at a disadvantage. now im not meaning to bash the idea i think its really really cool, and will more then likely try it when i get my txt, but i just think two is better. correct me if im wrong. i really really like the set up and thats its completlly bolt on. do you use special pinnions for this tranny or could you use ones like on a maxx tranny?

BTW could you use a GD-600 unit to further reduce the recuction.

I've been running the Mammoth Gearbox for awhile now and do not see any disadvantages. Currently my TXT is setup with a Single Mag Mayhem and an 8 tooth pinion which puts my overall crawl ratio @ 149:1. Plenty of low end torque for climbing and also another benefit is my runtime is close to one hour with a cheap 1900mah NiCad.

Yes, you could stack a GD600 on it if you wanted to. I think that your overall ratio would be to low, at least for the trails we crawl on here in New England. You sometimes need a little wheel speed to make it up an obstacle.

Joe
kona_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 07:55 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

cool. gonna be doing a TXT build up soon and im 99% sure ill go with this tranny, is it really strong or do people break gears offten.

<<<<<<<< drool
Nomercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 08:00 AM   #25
AFJ
Pebble Pounder

I want to put mamoth (when ill get a chence to order it from US :d) and then try putting on it GD 600 i think it would be cool to have such low ratio, and gd always can be taken off and motor bolted directly and it gives more speed
AFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 01:23 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

A mammoth and a GD 600 that'd be way too low. I ran a GD600 @ 3.8 and a 9t pinion and didn't have much wheel speed at all. Now I'm running a GD600 @ 2.5 and Integy motor w/9t and it's about the same.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 03:51 PM   #27

I'm also using the GD600 @ 2.5/15T pinion with a single permax 600 motor. 85 to 1 crawl which is a good mix of wheel speed and grunt.
simtechray is offline   Reply With Quote