Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Transmission question...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2006, 11:35 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Transmission question...

Hello,
i've searched the forum, and havent found anything to do w/ my problem.

running a Jugg 2, w/ TXT Tranny / axles gutts, GD600, Gems motor, and now i have the dredded "Clickety Clik" coming from the tranny. LST tires on Pro-line 40's w/ 1" wheel wideners.

1. do they make a metal gear set for the TXT / juggy tranny? if so, where can i get them?

2. how many have replaced the stock tranny setup w/ an E-maxx tranny?

i'm open to suggestions on tranny that won't strip on the first couple of obsticles.

Phantom
phantom309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2006, 12:22 AM   #2
MODERATOR™

Try redoing the gear mesh on the GD600, and when it goes in to the tranny?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:51 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

^ What EeePee said. Set the mesh of the GD600 to the trans, I used a strip of notebok paper between the gears and tightened it in that position, removed the paper and it was set perfect. I have a GD600 and have no problems with it.
redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:47 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

You could have possibly stripped a few teeth off the output gear in your tranny. I've destroyed a few of them and they have a “clicking” type of sound when missing a few teeth. Overall the TxT tranny is pretty bulletproof, but I always have a spare set of gears in my toolbox.

Joe
kona_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:53 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Talking

This might sound a little weird.

I have a weird sorta burnt-smell coming from the trans. And this is only with the truck being setup/ mocked up on the table, not long drive periods.

I just put together the TXT trans/gd6oo setup and its also loud as hell. No clicking noises, just a VERY loud gear whine. Atleast 3 times as loud as my TLT/Rustler setup. Reverse is not as loud, but still seems abit too loud.

I put a new gear in trans and the pinions were all new. There doesn't seem to be any kind of grinding or misalignment issues (slamming forward to reverse/ reverse to forward with no problems). Anyone know whats going on here?
wonder squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:38 PM   #6
MODERATOR™

Yeah, it's typical gear noise. Your gears are exposed, not noise reduced by a plastic gearcase. The smell, no idea...
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:52 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Talking

With the motor removed, it spins freely and is very quiet. Just seems like its too loud though
Old 08-29-2006, 01:23 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Talking

Well I pulled the motor off and verified all the noise is coming from the pinion out of the gd600 into transmission gear. I reset the gear mesh using the paper method and its still the same as before.

The rest of the drivetrain spins freely with a minimum of noise. The weird smell is also coming from the motor. I'm not sure whats going on with it. Its a new motor and there doesn't seem to be anything inside of it that I can see.

Anyways, any of you guys know anything I can do to quiet the gear whine down? I tried some grease but it had no effect.