Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Tamiya's TXT-2 shown at the Toy Fair in Germany!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 03:17 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Tamiya's TXT-2 shown at the Toy Fair in Germany!

2 27t stock Tamiya motor won' need 120 dollar Esc... More like 20 dollar..
crawl rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Im going brushless anyway so I dont care about it not coming with an ESC or the stock motors....Those wheels are tires are gone too, they would look better on a wheely king so Ill sell those off....I like the truck
Kingclod27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #23

2 27's no way i wanna have a little speed out of this was thinking 15's or 12's
What dual motor ECS is 20.00????

Bushless might be cool but would be a lot more motor & ECS. For what they charge it should come with the full set.

Or brushless out of the box there kits are cool but way behind the times
Toona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Tamiya is all about kits, not RTRs so I didnt expect anything more than wat we got....If we want RTR gonna have to get Axials attention like I said before.... You can go single brushless and get a good system and your fine...there are sum that are not too expensive.. or high powered brushed with a MMP and sum really hot brushed motors...I would run 1 550 sized can system or a high amp ESC and a good 540 can....Revos shafts (inexpensive upgrade), and your ready to go...Most of us are changing the wheels and tires anyway
Old 04-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

ClodTalk.com - View topic - BC's Tamiya TXT-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodClod View Post
Hi guys, I picked one up just last week and built the truck over the weekend. I posted a few pictures here.

The two frame "plates" come with the plastic molded over the aluminum rods and they look pretty good. The plates where the sponsor decals go are black aluminum and screw onto the tube-frame side plates. They look okay but IMO I think the truck would look better if there were cut-outs to see the truck's innards. I'm sure guys will be fabbing up their own plates in no time.

Black suspension links are very cool and the rodends seem a lot stronger than the TXT ones (as far as I can remember) so that's a good thing.

It's been mentioned before but the shell is a nice representation of the modern BIGFOOT and with larger Clod sized tires I think the truck looks pretty good. Chassis wise, it's probably the closest thing to scale that Tamiya have done.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

TamiyaUSA.com - Building the TXT-2 AGRIOS

found tamiya's build thread for it. It's awesome they at least listened to people asking for a second txt, although I liked the idea of cantilever suspension more than scale look on a truck that size.

just want a price now for canada and the states seeing they sell it in europe for 350 euros.
benster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:29 AM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl rookie View Post
Da Fuq.... This is just terrible, exceed and other cheap brands do better then this.
Your joking right , am i the only one who likes the wheels and tyre's on this truck?
Cortina79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

Those tires....

Way to drop the ball, Tamiya.... Urgh!

I can only hope that Tamiya decides to re-release the TXT-1 wheels. The Clod wheels apparently hit the springs. Shame.

I dó like the frame and black links, though. I already ordered the top-deck and body. Oh, ánd oodles of top-gears and diffs. And a couple of bags with the axle-parts. Those were the things that kept breaking, even with two mild 19t quad Orions on 8.4v

At least nowadays' powerful brushless motors nixed the need for two motors.

(Think of it: 2 silver cans combined make, at best 80 to 100 watts in power, one 10.5t stock-spec x12 coughs-up 306 watts already.... With torque to match.)

Tamiya could have, at least for that price, included two of their "torque-tuned" silver-cans. Those rs540sh's are a joke. Although, I have run those on 11.1v in my Juggy without a lot of trouble. They wear pretty quick on that sort of voltage, but they survive. Still, my single-motor LRP x12 powered TXT runs circles around it on 11.1v...

Last edited by Jay-Em; 08-04-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Alls I'll say is that this truck was going to look MUCH cooler had Tamiya released it as initially planned instead of changing their mind last minute. I think the body shows where they were going with it....
thisdougsforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

I wonder.

Did Tamiya have plans to licence Bigfoot 18 -or its looks, to be more precise- but the deal fell through?
Something like that happened years ago with the Schlesser Paris-Dakar buggy. They had a prototype and all, but it was cancelled. Tamiya has licenced oodles of racing car-liveries, so, why not Bigfoot?

The body, the frame of the Agrios, all of it reeks like the next-gen Bigfoot 18 and 19.

Come to think of it, Tamiya should try to licence the Bigfoot 20 body. That thing ís actually electric... That would be réally cool..... . Talk about "technological convergence"

Last edited by Jay-Em; 08-09-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Yes it was supposed to be Bigfoot 18 but Tamiya backed out at the last minute but kept the body design....There is supposed to be another truck or 2 on this plateform or similar bein released...
Old 08-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingclod27 View Post
Yes it was supposed to be Bigfoot 18 but Tamiya backed out at the last minute but kept the body design....There is supposed to be another truck or 2 on this plateform or similar bein released...
I hope You're right. I could always use a couple of Tamiya-Quality realistic bodies for the TXT.

By the by, I discovered that Jugg tyres and wheels fit fine with the help of some CPE drive hubs for TXT to fit Clodbuster tyres.

The Jugg wheels perform quite a bit better than the Clod tyres. (Not for crawling, though) They are a tad harder, and make the TXT steer more predictable imho.

Last edited by Jay-Em; 08-23-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Not a huge fan but this could work to our advantage. New people buying it will hear about the first version and maybe that means more aftermarket parts availability! It's so hard to find anything for the -1's :(
cormier33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:47 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Has anyone bought and built a TXT-2 Crawler.... I would love to find one second hand and strip it and build a crawler from the ground up.
Jeepernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:10 PM   #35
Rock Stacker

I personally like the old txt better myself like stated eairler rims n tires gota go I do know the axles are same as old txt NO CHANGE .. diffs are weak ... not good.
the build master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:52 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Being an old Tamiya fan I recognized them wheels that no one seems to like on the New TXT - 2
There From The: Tamiya Mammoth Dump Truck. ~ They just have a Satin finish and not Chrome.
But I am sure that a lot of you already knew that !!!

Up-Date ~ { My Bad, The closer I looked at the two they are different } Opp's

Last edited by Stomper Fan 777; 03-08-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Stomper Fan 777 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-txt-1-juggernaut/425862-tamiyas-txt-2-shown-toy-fair-germany.html
Posted By For Type Date
Tamiya TXT-2 This thread Refback 02-21-2013 02:42 AM

Tamiya's TXT-2 shown at the Toy Fair in Germany! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Sand Scorcher-Pictures from Nurenberg Toy Fair- FLB Non Crawler RC's 16 02-18-2010 08:37 AM
Toy Fair 2009 Uli General Crawlers 7 02-12-2009 09:54 AM
From Tamiya's website... JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 9 09-09-2005 02:27 PM