Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Super TXT...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2006, 06:29 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Super TXT...

Heres the TXT I just got done with... Cut the chassis Cory style...
Built a custom skid to cover the whole bottom with the tranny sunk down into it. I also came up with some diff skids. I built some simple servo mounts too. I just redid the tie rods moving them on top of the knuckles and changed to aluminum versus fiberglass. It has the other usuall stuff:
2 roosters
2 55t lathe motors
11 tooth pinions
fr and rr steer
full bearings
probably some other stuff too...

Last edited by BigJ; 10-27-2006 at 07:37 AM.
BigJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2006, 09:56 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

looks sweet i like that skid plate !!
kaaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:36 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bam Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:49 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Looks Very good
But why did u use 2 roosters?
crawl rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 10:08 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

What did you use for your skid plates? Lookin good.
raul duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 10:06 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

For the center skid I used a cutting board that I bought at Walmart. It works well, I had it the same thing on my clod. I used a band saw and a rotozip to do all the cutting. It is very strong and almost hard to cut. I can't disclose the diff skids yet. I'm debating on making and selling them.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:03 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Who am I kiddin', I'm not gonna make and sell the diff skids... I'll tell ya how to make'em. Its simple. Go and buy a couple cans of coke. Drink'em or pour them out. Cut out the bottom of the can. The bottome inside dome is what you use. Scuff up the inside of the dome and the bottom of the diff a bit, make sure they're clean. Get some good 30 minute epoxy and glue them on. I let mine sit up a bit to fill in the notch on the bottom of the diff. Between the can bottom and the epoxy, it will make for a very durable skid...

The reason I'm running two roosters is in the hopes that it won't thermal. I have one on each motor. If I decide to go with the gd600 I'll just use one...

Last edited by BigJ; 10-09-2006 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:05 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJ
Who am I kiddin', I'm not gonna make and sell the diff skids... I'll tell ya how to make'em. Its simple. Go and buy a couple cans of coke. Drink'em or pour them out. Cut out the bottom of the can. The bottome inside dome is what you use. Scuff up the inside of the dome and the bottom of the diff a bit, make sure they're clean. Get some good 30 minute epoxy and glue them on. I let mine sit up a bit to fill in the notch on the bottom of the diff. Between the can bottom and the epoxy it make for a very durable skid...

The reason I'm running two roosters is in the hopes that it won't thermal. I have one on each motor. If I decide to go with the gd600 I'll just use one...
two 55 lathes on a rooster is no big deal at all. Even if wired in parellel it's like a single 27.5 turn...
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:10 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Thats true. I may go ahead and pull one off and see what it does. I hope to have a f350 soon. I could use the other rooster on it.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:31 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Really cool!
Bam Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:16 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=BigJ]Who am I kiddin', I'm not gonna make and sell the diff skids... I'll tell ya how to make'em. Its simple. Go and buy a couple cans of coke. Drink'em or pour them out. Cut out the bottom of the can. The bottome inside dome is what you use. Scuff up the inside of the dome and the bottom of the diff a bit, make sure they're clean. Get some good 30 minute epoxy and glue them on. I let mine sit up a bit to fill in the notch on the bottom of the diff. Between the can bottom and the epoxy, it will make for a very durable skid...

I've used the soda can bottom as a moon cap for my old touring car wheels with my '49 Mercury body to give it the "lead Sled" look.
Nice rig.
BaddClod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:49 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

I trimmed the sides down on the body mount assembly so it would fit between the frame rails. I was able to slam the body down a bit. It looks much better.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:16 PM   #13
MODERATOR™

Looking better with the lowered body.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:19 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

You can take the body mount assy. off and just put the posts directly on the inside of the chassis. Then you can slam way down. Looks good go scratch it up.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:21 PM   #15
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJ
Cut the chassis Cory style...
Missed that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul duke
You can take the body mount assy. off and just put the posts directly on the inside of the chassis.
Cory style
Attached Images

EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 07:29 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Did not see the mod in the first pic.
Now I know theres a "style" for an obvious mod.

Thanks
Old 10-19-2006, 07:12 AM   #17
Rock Stacker

Thats basically what I did only left the assembly together. I figured it would be that much more bracing. The again its also that much more stuff up on the top of the chassis. I'm not gonna make the comp on the 28th but I'm thinkin' about lettin' a buddy of mine run it.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #18

Talking Re: Super TXT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
Who am I kiddin', I'm not gonna make and sell the diff skids... I'll tell ya how to make'em. Its simple. Go and buy a couple cans of coke. Drink'em or pour them out. Cut out the bottom of the can. The bottome inside dome is what you use. Scuff up the inside of the dome and the bottom of the diff a bit, make sure they're clean. Get some good 30 minute epoxy and glue them on. I let mine sit up a bit to fill in the notch on the bottom of the diff. Between the can bottom and the epoxy, it will make for a very durable skid...

Thank You for sharing the coke can idea , I have been working on the 4:1 gear convertion and I burned though the bottom gear case , your skid plate also looks great
RC tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Super TXT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC tinker View Post

Thank You for sharing the coke can idea , I have been working on the 4:1 gear convertion and I burned though the bottom gear case , your skid plate also looks great

What gears / parts etc are you using for the 4:1 mod?

Thanks,
-Steve
CraZySteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #20

Talking Re: Super TXT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraZySteve View Post
What gears / parts etc are you using for the 4:1 mod?

Thanks,
-Steve
Hi Steve sorry it has taken so long to get back to you ,i have had many things going on latly , to answer you qestions I made a thread with every thing i have done thank you for your interest and good luck with your project Steve O

Last edited by RC tinker; 12-26-2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
RC tinker is offline   Reply With Quote