Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Good deal? What would you do with this?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2007, 08:23 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Good deal? What would you do with this?

Well, first off, I KNOW it was a good deal. Seeing axles alone sell for $100, so $170 shipped for all this is a GREAT deal.

A friend has a TLT crawler, but the axles just don't hold up to crawling/bashing, so I bid on this one. He is helping me with a rollcage I am building for the axles.

I currently have a 2.2 TXT crawler with a R2 tranny, he wants an R2 tranny with the disconnect, but I don't think it would be a very wise choice since he will now be running bigger axles and tires (I have already started to strip my first set of gears in the R2).

Figure I will run the TXT tranny in my new one, and he can run my R2 in his (he'll hafta pay for it though ). How is the gearing in the TXT compared to the R2? I have a 35 turn motor and it is pretty slow, has plenty of torque and not much wheelspeed (wish it had a little more). You think if I went with the TXT tranny and a 55T that would be a good gear ratio for the TXT axles (and heavy crawling?).

What would you do to this if you had won it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=017

I figure I will move the shocks for sure (looks like they would rub the tires), and maybe narrow the wheels. Probably lengthen the wheelbase as well, and adjust the rear pinion angle...

Suggestions?

Thanks
Tacoma747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2007, 08:24 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Actually, it looks like it already has about a ~16" wheelbase, I'll probably leave that alone.
Tacoma747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:45 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Used it for a spare parts rig Or put it on the shelf for another project.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote