Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Tekin Rebel 2 in stock Jugg 2? And other questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Tekin Rebel 2 in stock Jugg 2? And other questions

Just got a deal on a stock, unmolested Jugg 2 roller with the stock motors. I have a Tekin Rebel 2 here that I was wanting to power it with. I've heard of guys using them in Clods, so am I safe here? How should I wire the motors? I am planning on running 2S Lipo with an external LVC. The Rebel 2 shows good to ten cells, could I try it with a 3S and be safe?

I'm building this as an occasional runner/shelf queen as the Jugg 2 is one of my personal "Holy Grails". I've never owned one before, I'm so excited I could just sh!t. Can't wait for it to get here.

The plan is to just go straight 80's Monster truck, Going to paint up the stock body, and probably put it on the shelf and run a Clod body, since it's more fitting to the leaf-sprung chassis.

Oh, does anyone have any info on running independent front/rear steer?

Oh, and the guy wasn't for sure it was a Jugg2, but the guy who he got it from was pretty sure it was. Where exactly on the axles is the "2000" stamped so I know what I got when it gets here?
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Tekin Rebel 2 in stock Jugg 2? And other questions

Sounds like your going to have fun with your new toy, sorry I don't have the answer your looking for here. I just picked up one as well, my problem is the switch and a few other wires are missing, once you have yours could you post up some pictures of the wiring before you install your new elect system? Any help would be wonderful, thanks
ickabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #3

I ran after market stock 27t motors with 6 cell battery in a jugg 2 and never had a problem , I had another rebel in a clod it worked a long time untill it was hot and I splashed a puddle and it was all done ,smoked it right up

Last edited by RC tinker; 11-18-2012 at 02:43 PM.
RC tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:03 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

How do you consider a Ford F350 Super Duty doesn't fit a leaf spring chassis? Fords always have been sold axle leaf sprung work trucks and the Jugg and Jugg2 is off the 99-04 Ford Super Duty which is a leaf sprung truck....

Sent from my junk iPhone
SuperDutyScaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:11 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDutyScaler View Post
How do you consider a Ford F350 Super Duty doesn't fit a leaf spring chassis? Fords always have been sold axle leaf sprung work trucks and the Jugg and Jugg2 is off the 99-04 Ford Super Duty which is a leaf sprung truck....

Sent from my junk iPhone
I don't think he ment that a superduty shouldn't be leaf sprung but that by 1999 the leaf sprung monster truck had long since gone the way of the dodo. However the 80s Chevy body was common on early leaf sprung monster trucks.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tekin Rebel 2 in stock Jugg 2? And other questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin Rebel 2 chimney Electronics 4 09-21-2006 08:14 PM
tekin rebel 2 insane Electronics 24 08-23-2006 10:37 PM
Tekin Rebel 2 In Stock... DLE88 Chit Chat 0 11-08-2005 07:20 PM
Tekin Rebel 2 SVEN Electronics 9 04-14-2005 08:05 AM