Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: tranny?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2006, 08:49 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default tranny?

Anyone try the r2 rc4wd tranny for a txt super? It has all metal gears that should be stronger than the stock tranny. IMO it should hold up! Just trying to get info thx.
sloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2006, 10:25 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I just put one in a Bender SW2 chassis with TXT axles, rolling on maxx mashers, 14.5" WB. I have only had it running for about an hour inside, but the R-2 is looking very promising. I have bound it up enough to break a rod end and a knuckle, but the trans is fine. I still need to do ALOT of work to dial this truck in, but i doubt i will have any tranmission related problems.
dittohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:43 PM   #3

I would love some additional info on the 'r2' tranny. I am looking for a strong, but smaller, single motor tranny for my txt.

Sorry about the hijack ;^)
ROK_TOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:49 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Go look in the vendors section under rc4wd. The gear ratio is 30:1, while a pede tranny with 12/87 gearing is only around 20:1.
dittohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 12:04 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I'm running a r2 in a sw2 with a 14" wb and maxx size red rocks,it replaced a pede trans. I am happy with it, but I have only a couple runs on it. It's smaller then the pede and I like the lower gearing too. The only issue I had was adapting revo shafts to jugg yolks for the trans output.
TimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR
I'm running a r2 in a sw2 with a 14" wb and maxx size red rocks,it replaced a pede trans. I am happy with it, but I have only a couple runs on it. It's smaller then the pede and I like the lower gearing too. The only issue I had was adapting revo shafts to jugg yolks for the trans output.

I looked it up, and it looks ideal for my crawler. I was wondering... how did you make the 6mm shaft attatch to the 5mm output on the R2?

I don't want to spend the extra $ on the R1, besides it looks like the motor will sit higher with the R1.

I should also add that I am thinking about the Punisher shafts, I'm tired of replace the maxx shafts evry 2-3 climbs.

-rok.
ROK_TOY is offline   Reply With Quote