Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: hacking txt frame

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2005, 05:05 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

ok so after u read that post he says to dremil it down so it will fit, slide ur original pine through so ethe small one through eclip it and done, but when u use the small one theres way too much play in there, would it be safe to drill out the holes on the yoke so the bigger pins will fit through?
airranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2005, 12:32 AM   #42
Pebble Pounder

dont know what to tell you about the yokes but damn I love my truck now. Ive taken care of 2 main problems of the txt with 2 simple mods. power and center clearence. Now to work on the top heavy situation that I have created and I need some revo shafts. I think Ill ditch the canti setup and see what else I can come up with. Anyone use savage shocks on a txt?
minitrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 12:43 AM   #43
2006 2.2 National Champ

Cool

I use Savage shocks, I love them.
Attached Images

BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 10:21 AM   #44
Pebble Pounder

hmm, looks interesting. I was thinking of using a mounting hole in the chassis and then mounting the lower part to my lower link or something. Dont really know what Im going to do but ill post pics when I get something done. I dont know whats wrong but I moved my links around when i cut my chassis and the truck just doesnt seem to want to flex anymore. It seems to be binding somewhere and I cant figure out where and if I move it by hand it seems nice and smooth. Should I put my upper links on the bottom? I didnt do that when cutting the chassis.
minitrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 12:39 PM   #45
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by minitrucker
hmm, looks interesting. I was thinking of using a mounting hole in the chassis and then mounting the lower part to my lower link or something. Dont really know what Im going to do but ill post pics when I get something done. I dont know whats wrong but I moved my links around when i cut my chassis and the truck just doesnt seem to want to flex anymore. It seems to be binding somewhere and I cant figure out where and if I move it by hand it seems nice and smooth. Should I put my upper links on the bottom? I didnt do that when cutting the chassis.
I would stay away from mounting lower shock mounts on the lower links. It really just adds to the torque twist problem. Clods can get away with a set-up like that because they don't have driveshafts. When I cut my chassis I made all new links too. I have seen a lot of people swap upper and lower links, I never tried it. Are your lower links mounted on top of axle? I would just look at the links as you cycle suspension through it's travel, make sure the uppers and lowers aren't fighting each other.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote