Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: El Cameloen new pics added.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2005, 07:42 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default El Cameloen new pics added.

Well i was going to do this as a tuber but put it on the back burner . decided to build it as a txt chassis heres where im at right now... wheel base will be around 16" not sure on what motor or if i will run a gd600 yet. also doesnt seem like it has alot of art. tried leaning the shocks back farther made no difference . let me know what i can improve... also still need to fab some servo mounts for the top of the axle. Sorry for the crappy pics my digital cam broke had to use a web cam

Last edited by triaxmaster; 04-08-2005 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Pics added need to edit tiltle
triaxmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2005, 07:50 PM   #2
2006 2.2 National Champ

Thumbs up

Looks good. The reason you're gettng such little articulation is your shock location. If you move the upper shock mounts just inside the frame rails and move the lower shock mounts in towards the center of the axle, you'll get more travel. The set-up you have now would probably be super stable, but your flex is limited, as you stated. You may have to cut into the frame so shocks clear to do this mod, but it would be worth it.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 08:07 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I had thought about mounting the shocks to the blocks the lower links are mounted to . i also thought about cutting the ends of the chassis off like some of the other rigs ive seen on here ... i will be changing things for sure.... cant tell how stable it will be without getting the other end fabbed up. but what i have now has no side to side movement at all . also noticed the shocks are bottoming out, would longer shocks help with travel also
Old 04-03-2005, 08:20 PM   #4
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by triaxmaster
I had thought about mounting the shocks to the blocks the lower links are mounted to . i also thought about cutting the ends of the chassis off like some of the other rigs ive seen on here ... i will be changing things for sure.... cant tell how stable it will be without getting the other end fabbed up. but what i have now has no side to side movement at all . also noticed the shocks are bottoming out, would longer shocks help with travel also
If you leave the shock mounts where they're at, yes longer shocks will help. If you move them in some you'll get more travel that way too. It's really up to you. I'd fab the other axle up like you did to the first one and give it a try.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:25 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

well moving the shocks is not a big deal i have to take the lower links back off to drill holes in the top of the aluminum to mount the servo.. i want to get one axle lined out before i fab the other one up that way all i have to do is copy everything . i have been fighting link lengths and mounting points on the axle for a few weeks now( not alot of time to work on it) this is the closest ive gotten it with no binding issues and half way decent art. without the pinion angle going crazy ...also if i make the front links the same it will be almost 17 inch wheelbase think that will be too long?
Old 04-03-2005, 08:31 PM   #6
2006 2.2 National Champ

17 inch WB should be fine with about a 7" tire like the Moab or the BFT's. Most people run about a 16" WB on average. Mine is about 16 3/4".
Old 04-03-2005, 08:34 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

well those are the 2.2 mashers have some stock clod tires im going to cut n shut and do some tread grinding on when i get some wheels for them i might try to get the wheel base down to 15.5 maybe 16 and see what happens . those wheels are alot smaller than i thought they would be on the truck
Old 04-03-2005, 10:21 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

maybe pics of my truck will help you. I dont have massive flex but it works very well right now and there are a bunch of other holes to try out if needed. Heres the link to my page http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wholes...josh/my_photos
minitrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 07:29 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

minitrucker looks cool .... im going to play with the shock mounting later this week supossed to rain wed so maybe i will have time away from work and can get some more done....
Old 04-04-2005, 07:36 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

looks good, more pics when its done,
Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:01 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Default Updated Pics...

Well got the shocks mounted inboard (HUGE DIFFERENCE) as you can see it has way more art. also got my servo mount finished. there is also a pic of my tranny mount i made . (yes i know its a stock traxxas servo but its all i have on hand right now) i want to get all the mechanics going befor i get better servos .. im also going to replace some of the crappy hardware that im using, trying to keep it cheap right now.
I also plan on hacking the ends of the chassis off to shorten it .

Last edited by triaxmaster; 04-07-2005 at 04:05 PM. Reason: forgot pic links
Old 04-13-2005, 05:24 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

well its getting there ... i think it looks too long but its only 16" center to center .. might be because of the small tires and wheels . still need to get my lathe motor and one Revo shaft. but its getting close
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2005, 05:24 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Attached Images

Old 04-14-2005, 04:47 PM   #14
2006 2.2 National Champ

Nice, I thought about picking up some 2.2's for my TXT too, just to have something a little different. It seems pretty wide with that set-up.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:39 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

yea it is kinda wide... hobbytown did not have any 2.2 rims with any deeper backspace. i am eventually going to put narrowed clod rims and tires on it when i get some new rims ... think i might have to move the shocks around some too.. it has 85-90 deg almost of art.