Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: New TXT owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2005, 09:37 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Thanx Bender. You're a saviour
Ares17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2005, 08:52 AM   #22
Rock Stacker

hello again...
I just got my Proline Outback Weld wheels for the TXT. There was also 4 pieces of black disc that looks like adapters. Wat are those actually? Do i need to use them at all?
Old 08-02-2005, 10:59 AM   #23
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares17
hello again...
I just got my Proline Outback Weld wheels for the TXT. There was also 4 pieces of black disc that looks like adapters. Wat are those actually? Do i need to use them at all?
I don't know what those are for, but you don't need them. I've got 2 sets of Outbacks and I've never had any use for them.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 05:36 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Default Clod

Could be wrong but I thoght those adapter plates let you use the wheel on a Clod.
quickster47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 06:55 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

Thanx Bender....I just couldn't fit it anywhere...

Quickster, I think you may be right. Cause I've read some where to fix TXT wheels on Clod, you'll need to drill out the holes bigger. So my guess for the black disc would be same as yours

Thank you all.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:23 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

Default New Project

Ok guys, here goes. After much thoughts, I've decided to hack my chassis. Was looking at the pictures around but haven't been able to see how the process is actually done.
I'm planning to keep the stock wheel base and the cantis. And I know I 'll have to move the centre tranny up when I hack my chassis. But then, how do I do it? The hole that shares the same allignment with the tranny mounting hole is used by the cantis mount. And do I swop the upper links with the lower ones when i hack the tranny to keep the stock WB? Thank you all.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:01 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

Default Another dumb question...

What is the best tool to use to cut the chassis? A hacksaw? A dremel with cutting disc? Thankx.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:58 PM   #28
2006 2.2 National Champ

I cut part of my TXT frame with a Dremel and a cutoff wheel, it works pretty good.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 12:06 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
What is the best tool to use to cut the chassis? A hacksaw? A dremel with cutting disc? Thankx.
I used a dremel with a reinforced cutting disk.Works like a charm.
WestCoastPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 08:20 PM   #30
Rock Stacker

Thanx Bender and westcoast...
I'm cleared on that now but my question on post number 26 still remains a big question mark to me.

I've already dismantled everything on my txt. even tried to shift the centre tranny up but the gearbox bottl mounting hole dun seem to allign with anything. Any sugggestions? Also, if I move the tranny up, i'll have no place to mount the plastic part that holds the damper when using cantis. How?
Old 12-11-2005, 09:14 AM   #31
MODERATOR™

From just a little searching around I found you this.

Found here: http://www.rccrawler.com/20txt.htm

EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:08 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Thanx Bender and westcoast...
I'm cleared on that now but my question on post number 26 still remains a big question mark to me.

I've already dismantled everything on my txt. even tried to shift the centre tranny up but the gearbox bottl mounting hole dun seem to allign with anything. Any sugggestions? Also, if I move the tranny up, i'll have no place to mount the plastic part that holds the damper when using cantis. How?
ditch the cants bro.Build a center skid plate..Ill try to get some pics up later,or I'll serch for some on the site for you
Old 12-12-2005, 01:10 PM   #33

This site is great. You guys are awesome. I can only imagine how many times some of you guys have heard these questions and yet you answer them eagerly. which i'm greatful for because i will soon have my txt and will be buggin' you guys about the same crap. Thx from all the noobs.
nme159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 06:08 AM   #34
Rock Stacker

Hi eepee...thanx for the pics. I actually saw that one before. but it wasn't clear.

Westcoast,
reason I'm a bit reluctant to ditch the cantis is because I'm using the blue ones...which cost a bit...so its kinda like a waste of $$ if i ditch the cantis...
however, i saw once in this forum that someone actually use the cantis as the mounting post for direct suspension set-up..which looks quite cool to me..but I do wonder of its ability to hole artics.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:14 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Hey Ares17,

I found a couple threads for you to show you how to mount your shocks and hack the chassis and blah blah blah.

Heres the way you wanted to mount your shocks,with the cant's.

project CHUPATHINGY .He's running Savage shocks..Im pretty sure you can flip em around to run T-maxx sized shocks.Ive seen it done before.Il look for you

here shows you how and where to hack your chassis.

hacking txt frame .Remeber,you would have to cut the bottom peice of your tranny,and make new mounting holes.

Hope this helps bro.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:16 PM   #36
Rock Stacker

Yo westcoast,
the first thread was exactly the one i saw with the cantis on....but I couldn't find it no more last time...sorry dude for the trouble.

but the second thread is awesome...just wat I needed to see. You're a great help. Thankyou very much.

One more thing, I read that the 2 top mounting screws for the tranny will hold it in lace. Does it REALLY hold? Or will there be some kind of play. I thought of adding 1 more support just so that the tranny will not move even in extreme situation.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:23 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yo westcoast,
the first thread was exactly the one i saw with the cantis on....but I couldn't find it no more last time...sorry dude for the trouble.

but the second thread is awesome...just wat I needed to see. You're a great help. Thankyou very much.

One more thing, I read that the 2 top mounting screws for the tranny will hold it in lace. Does it REALLY hold? Or will there be some kind of play. I thought of adding 1 more support just so that the tranny will not move even in extreme situation.
Its all good bro.

As for the tranny idea,you can make a skidplate,and have a JB weld molding on it to hold the tranny in place.Thats what I got,or you can do this

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/attac...tid=6256&stc=1

Add two cross members near the tranny bottom.Thats EePee's truck.The build up thread is right here.

Basic TXT build up .
Old 12-14-2005, 09:35 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

This is what I mean.Heres how my tranny is supported.

Old 12-14-2005, 11:18 PM   #39
Rock Stacker

Oh man.....westcoast, that sure saved me a whole lot of trouble thinking or fabricating some kind of support or brace for the lower part of the tranny.

But then, life is a circle right? u get over one problem, and another one comes up.
I was thinking of the 2 crossmembers to support the tranny like eepee did. But I'm definitely going to go your way of supporting the tranny. And so, the other problem crops up. Skid plate.
I'm now using New Era full skid plates. Looks like i'm goona have to waste the centre skid for a new custom skid plate. By the way, wats the material used for your centre skid plate? Any dimensions to give out?

I'm planning the following for my TXT;
1) Hack the chassis.
2) Swop the upper links and the lower links, still keeping to stock WB.
3) Hack the tranny.
4) Fabricate a centre skid (wondering how do i go about doing that).
5) And go rock crawling.......

As for item number (2) It is necessary to drill new holes for the links right? Cause I thought of using the original holes that were used by the crossmembers. Can i?
Thanx dude. Sorry for the long post.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:46 AM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Badger acually had a spare he let me have.nice guy..its outa alluminum.1 8 inch thick I think..i ll measure tomorrow.yeah,you'll hvae to drill new holes to mount the lower links.the upper links will go where the one crossmember was...you'll accually have a longer wheelbase when u do that.make sure you grab some revo shafts,or maxx bcuz it will be too long for the stock links.

Last edited by WestCoastPJ; 12-15-2005 at 12:49 AM.