RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-txt-1-juggernaut/)
-   -   finally! my 14" TXT. (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-txt-1-juggernaut/84678-finally-my-14-txt.html)

dieselfuel 09-12-2007 10:21 AM

finally! my 14" TXT.

Well ever since i sold my txt last summer ive wanted another one. Its the only r/c ive sold and i totally regret it. So now im building up a TXT 14er!

Its going to be based off of a sincityrcrc blackjack chassis (available soon through RCPcrawlers.com). I got the axles this past weekend from hotwheels000 at nationals. Last night i started tearing them apart to put CVDs in them and make sure everything is in good shape. So far thats all ive done, but ill be working on it more here in the next few days.

Here's what im thinking. Tell me what you think.
SinCity BlackJack chassis
Txt axles locked with CVDs
High clearance home made links
4" Ti. nitride maxx shocks
Maxx wheels not sure what yet
Maxx proline Badlands
Hitec 5645MG servo
Internal Rear dig actuated by an HS81-MG servo
Not sure yet about all droop or 60/40 droop/sprung like my tlt.

Ill try to post some pics tonight, let me know what you think.

PaulEZK 09-12-2007 10:43 AM

You tease... Useless without pictures!

dieselfuel 09-12-2007 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulEZK (Post 844508)
You tease... Useless without pictures!

Ill post pics of a pair of axles sitting on the tavle when i get home, hows that sound?

hawnmt 09-12-2007 01:34 PM

Diesel, what tranny are you going to use? I'll be watching this build closely cause I'm trying to figure out what to do with the parts I assembled for a TXT super. Looks like there won't be a super class next year in Hawaii so I'm leaning towards doing a 14'er. "thumbsup"

dieselfuel 09-12-2007 03:31 PM

Not really sure. Not much room in a blackjack chassis, an r2 with a revolver fits like a glove in my 2.2 blackjack... Itll either be an R2, stealth or an axial transmission. Kinda leaning towards the r2 since ive got one and i can gear it really low with an 8-9tooth pinion.

Tanis 09-12-2007 06:56 PM

Dieselfuel, I ran a 2.2 with TXT axles this spring with an R2 tranny, and destroyed the gears in it. I was running a Hyperion brushless motor.
With the bigger Badlands, you will have to be careful how you drive to make the tranny last, but I am sure it can be done.
Looking forward to this build, 14"ers are so cool."thumbsup"

dieselfuel 09-12-2007 07:02 PM

what do you suggest then? im seriously considering a gt2 transmission...

Tanis 09-12-2007 07:35 PM

I haven't had good success keeping trannies together with my brushless motor, stripped the gears in my emaxx tranny twice, after putting it in place of the R2:shock:. My solution was going back to a brushed motor, and my new R2 has survived since then. I have heard Twin Force trannies are pretty stout, I don't know anything about the GT2.

dieselfuel 09-12-2007 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanis (Post 845130)
I haven't had good success keeping trannies together with my brushless motor, stripped the gears in my emaxx tranny twice, after putting it in place of the R2:shock:. My solution was going back to a brushed motor, and my new R2 has survived since then. I have heard Twin Force trannies are pretty stout, I don't know anything about the GT2.

the gt2 is plenty stout and its ratio is 4:1. ive had good luck with my r2 ive been runing a brushless motor in it since i got it 8-9 months ago with no problems. and nothing much larger than an R2 will fit where im using it, i pede would have to be chopped dramatically.

Tanis 09-12-2007 11:23 PM

4:1 is a nice low ratio8), but if your R2 has held up for you this long, I'd give it a shot, might be just fine for your setup/driving style"thumbsup"

dieselfuel 09-12-2007 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanis (Post 845453)
4:1 is a nice low ratio8), but if your R2 has held up for you this long, I'd give it a shot, might be just fine for your setup/driving style"thumbsup"

im a total throttle jockey, its held up while ive snapped one tlt stub shaft, and 2 tlt differentials. ive got new diffs and cvds now and im still beating on it.

FrankyRizzo 09-13-2007 07:50 AM

The axial tranny is stout. I would try that.

madscrambler 09-13-2007 08:26 AM

tranny

I think people missunderstand the r2 tranny it's a great tranny it just dosent give,(all meatal not plastic) so either it or the axle will give. I'm running a r2 in in my TXT with max moabs and I have had no problems. I think it's driving stlye anyone can break anything know when to get off the gas and you will be fine with the r2. I grease mine once a month with axle grease that seems to help with the noise. I'm currently running a 19 turn motor in it and it's fun to drive now. Good luck with youre project.

dieselfuel 09-13-2007 09:24 AM

Yeah im just gonna use my R2, its lower geared than the axial and i wanna put an axial in my 2.2 rig... So i can just pull the r2 out of the 2.2. And im not sure about this outrunner im using fitting in the axial.

FrankyRizzo 09-13-2007 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieselfuel (Post 845646)
And im not sure about this outrunner im using fitting in the axial.

Fits fine in mine.

dieselfuel 09-13-2007 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankyRizzo (Post 845762)
Fits fine in mine.

No not the OG... That blue 3015 i got from you.

Reflection 09-13-2007 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieselfuel
ive had good luck with my r2 ive been runing a brushless motor in it since i got it 8-9 months ago with no problems.

Theres a big difference between running a strong motor and one that likes to eat parts. IMHO,the revolvers a weak little motor. No offense,it's a good motor no doubt,just weak IMHO.

I'm running a 3014 crawlmaster behind my R2. In the last 4 comps,it's eat 2 complete gear sets and 2 mainshafts out of my R2. IMHO,the Axial tranny would be better. Thats what will be going in my Hustler when I run out of spares for the R2.

dieselfuel 09-13-2007 01:35 PM

Hhmmmm... The 3015 ill be running in this is pretty torquey. Hell i dont know yet, im still liking the 4:1 of the gt2. We'll see...

Reflection 09-13-2007 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieselfuel (Post 845881)
Hhmmmm... The 3015 ill be running in this is pretty torquey. Hell i dont know yet, im still liking the 4:1 of the gt2. We'll see...

The 3015 your gonna run will be close running with the crawlmaster I'd say,depending on KV,quality and the set up overall. I was refering to the Revolver that you've been running. Don't get me wrong,it's a nice little motor and works well for some guys. It's just that it's a far cry from a powerhouse when compaired to the bigger 30mm motors. Just guessing,I'd say going from a revolver to a crawlmaster,I've nearly doubled my power."thumbsup"

IMHO,any tranny you've mentioned would be better than an R2. I'm hoping that RC4WD will build a beefier R2. The R2 has allot going for itself just in size alone. Add some beef to that and it will be a tranny thats hard to beat. I'd like to see an R2 that will handle my 2 horse hyperion"thumbsup"

FrankyRizzo 09-13-2007 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieselfuel (Post 845810)
No not the OG... That blue 3015 i got from you.

Just shim it a tad higher.