Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: 14" spider wannabeeeeee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 11:25 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

na those tires are perfect you get some mad grip so good luk with the dig
levi steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2007, 02:38 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Man i love it. Almost looks like a jeep i see sometimes when i go out in my real truck
Dewars85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:14 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Thanks guys, I have been running the snot out of this rig and it works well.GC-1 geometry makes it uber predictable and the combo of intenernal external springs is spot on.

Now if I could get more then 15 min of run time out of it with the 4200Mh bat I would be happy. The way I figure I am drawing 16 amps almost the entire time I run it. Changed batts, changed motors, changes gearing, nothing helps. Next is to try duel lathes. I need to get an inline watt meter to verify amp draw etc.... then I can get to the root of the problem. I think it is gearing, it is just working really hard with those big tires. The 55turn on a 8 tooth actually started to smoke. Ripped an ideler gear out of it the other day,thankfully the 2 speed gears are still in there and I used the un-used 2nd gear idiler as the nearest hobby store was 2.5 hrs away....damn vacations
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:08 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Tried the dul motor set up and increased my run time to 37 min and I now have more wheel speed. A little more fine tuning and I will have it.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:55 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

I will be trying a RC4wd V-twin tranns very soon to try and get the gearing right. So far every thing I have down has helped but it still isnt right. I even used a 76/8 robonson spur gear combo...better, but not great. Gave me a 52:1 ratio. The rc4wd will set me up at 96:1 with the included gears. I have lots of gearing options from there.

These big ole mudslingers work like no other on the trails,in the mud and on the snow. I cut every other lug out of the fronts and they clean awsome. I left the rears stock so that the dont frab to much traction and flip me over on steep inclines. They still clean out well.

Heres a vid in the snow. The wife was recording...I think she was attacked by a polar bear near the end

Click here to watch poison-spider-in-the-snow
Old 12-02-2007, 05:57 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

That thing looks like a ton of fun
Crawlin4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:06 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

I was thinking maxx size tires but the thought of snow makes me go mmmmmmmmm.Lookin good on the build
red jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:04 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Thanks, I will update the thread when I get the new tranny in it. I will probally start running 12 cells to get my wheelspead back.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:34 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Lookin good
miniwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:52 AM   #30
Keep it real

Aw man, I was hoping to see the polar bear:-P. My 'slingers worked better after cutting the little lugs out as well. It does look good on camera, can't wait to check it out Dev. Have you checked overall weight yet? Yes, I'm curious.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 03:23 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...822#post954822

Think this would help to crawl with
red jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:49 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Just shy of 14 lbs, but that is with the alum rims.

I lost 30 grams.....

I just recieved a rc4wd v-twin tranny to install It is lighter, smaller lower cg and has better gearing options.compared to the e-max trans.Details and opinions to follow after I have run it threw the paces.

I willl bring it to titlow, not much scale terian there but We could always throw the extra moabs on it and let you enter the super class You wont have any clod stall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
Aw man, I was hoping to see the polar bear:-P. My 'slingers worked better after cutting the little lugs out as well. It does look good on camera, can't wait to check it out Dev. Have you checked overall weight yet? Yes, I'm curious.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:51 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Thanks, that might be an option. Although I run pullmaster and cobalt puller motors and I would be suprised if any brushed motor could ever
compare.The only problem with my motors is they are not easy to come by, so that could be a solution for some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red jim View Post
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...822#post954822

Think this would help to crawl with
Old 12-08-2007, 12:53 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Thanks Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniwheeler View Post
Lookin good
Old 12-14-2007, 09:41 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

I have been running this tranny for over a week now and it has performed perfectly. Some of the things I really like about it compared to a e-max tranny are:
Smaller dimensionally
30 grams lighter
Lower CG
Lower gearing options (eliminates the need for gear reduction in superclass/14" TXT based rigs)
comes with (2) 13 tooth pinions

I have run it with 2 lathe motors and a single cobalt puller, this has been run with a 7.2 V pack. The tranny has held up to both. The rig has seen trails ,hill climbs and mudbogs so far.

This tranny is in a 14.4# rig with 40 series mudslingers so it has definitely had some stress put on it and it hasn't complained a bit.

Next round of abuse will take place with a 3 cell lipo in the same locations with the same motor combinations.
Here are some pics of the tranny

Pics installed

The motors used to sit even with the cross bar
General shot with pink panther at the helm (P-Dub)

Old 12-15-2007, 06:20 AM   #36
Rock Crawler

Looks really good. If your looking to lower the center of gravity even more you can alaways run an AX-10 trans. But just a small seggustion. But it looks really awesome. How bout some action pics?
Toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #37
Keep it real

There's no way the AX10 tranny will hold up to those tires and the power he is running.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:06 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
There's no way the AX10 tranny will hold up to those tires and the power he is running.
Funny you should say that...you know the dig mod on the axle....it acts as a slipper under load with all the leverage and power Took me a while to figure out what was poping, I even disassembled all the axles and e-max trans. Couldnt see any thing strange, then it dawned on me, that the split gear retained by the spring was spitting out under load

The more I have thought about it, I am liking the idea of a built in slipper/release under load and I am going to leave it that way since there is no easy way to add a slipper to the V-TWIN

Now I just have to get used to that terrible sound that we all hate in the middle of a comp.....SNAP.......:-P

Eventially I expect it to get worse and not hold as the gears start to round but a bigger spring or another gear will take care of that.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:42 PM   #39
Keep it real

I remember that happening when I ran the 2.2 TXT, finally figured out what it was. As it wears, the dig starts to get sticky.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:47 AM   #40
RCC Addict

sweetness. i found a curb that could challenge it.
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote