Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Toyofast's CC-01 'Jero that goes!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Nice Pajero! Man you've been running that thing hard. I like the mods you've done, thanks for the ideas.
BGGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2009, 06:01 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGGruff View Post
Nice Pajero! Man you've been running that thing hard. I like the mods you've done, thanks for the ideas.
There's more, just waiting on the delivery of more parts that I hope will work. I keep spending money on this thing without ever making too much progress. I feel like it's 2003 again! Spending money on testing things and having to start over.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:42 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

First round of decent upgrades showed up, although a couple of the other parts are not fitting as I'd like so it's going to stay "stock" like this for at least a week so I can take it camping tomorrow.

In the pictures you'll see,

- Yeah Racing TA01-006BU Knuckles
- Yeah Racing TA01-015BK Steel CVDs
- Tamiya Aluminum King Pins #53157
- Qty 4, 5x11 rubber shielded bearings

It all went together very easy. Smooth working parts and everything is very light weight, but much stronger than the stock plastic. So far after only about 25 minutes of drive time I see that steering works much better and no binding while turning to full lock, even with the extra steering throw.

Very worth while upgrade and can't beat the price!! I got everything but the bearings from RCmart.com and coming from China I thought it'd take a couple weeks, took 4 business days to get to me! I was caught off guard when it showed up.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:45 PM   #44
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
so I can take it camping tomorrow.
Tuesday starts the weekend!
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:03 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Tuesday starts the weekend!
Just need to organize gear for the family, and stock up on beer... I mean food.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Give those parts a good thrashing and report back to us. I just slipped a dog bone today and the truck came to a screeching halt. Jammed up the steering servo. Those cvds will probably make a big difference.
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
Give those parts a good thrashing and report back to us. I just slipped a dog bone today and the truck came to a screeching halt. Jammed up the steering servo. Those cvds will probably make a big difference.

I'll do my best to break, err.. test these for durability in my CC-01 rig.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:05 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Now that's what I'm talking about! Nice upgrades...I'm addicted to shiny colored aluminum but they look like they'll work nicely and should hold up well. Looks like I'll be investing in some new parts. Thanks for the part numbers.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:02 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Now that's what I'm talking about! Nice upgrades...I'm addicted to shiny colored aluminum but they look like they'll work nicely and should hold up well. Looks like I'll be investing in some new parts. Thanks for the part numbers.
I'm not too excited over the blue color but figure I can change it if/when I wanted. Best part about these parts is that they are cheap, easy to get and fit perfectly.

NOTE... After a bit more run time out of these CVDs I've noticed that the pins were trying to work themselves out. I'd highly suggest slipping some shrink wrap around them to prevent this from happening at the initial install.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

check the cvd's after each run. The Yeah racing axles have a tandacyt o use cheaper and softer steel. Until we actualyl measure using stock cups, we are stuck using that stuff for teh Yeah Racing / Dinball TT-01 conversion (whole new car minus a gear retainer clip and a few screws) and in the TA-02. We go thru a bone a run if we roll the car at all
4drmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:27 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4drmopar View Post
check the cvd's after each run. The Yeah racing axles have a tandacyt o use cheaper and softer steel.

If they don't look bent, everything will be fine.

I figure that if it comes down to it, fitting the TLT CVD's shouldn't be too hard, just need to swap knuckles, add a different output from the front diff and cut down the shafts to the correct length. I just don't want to spend that much money yet.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:31 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Here's how it turns now! I have to actually adjust the EPAs on the radio cause it turns too sharp and rubs the chassis.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:20 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

awesome turning capabilty, be careful when in a bind though, i am excited to do this mod to my fj cruiser, the montero will be next
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:44 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
awesome turning capabilty, be careful when in a bind though, i am excited to do this mod to my fj cruiser, the montero will be next
When it gets bound up the transmission gears tend to "grind" or slip on me. I need to drop in some fresh gears to solve the problem but the front end was much more fun to play with.

I think I really want to try TLT CVDs to beef up the strength.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Whats involved with the TLT shafts etc?? This a mod with a HOW-TO posted online anywhere?
4drmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4drmopar View Post
Whats involved with the TLT shafts etc?? This a mod with a HOW-TO posted online anywhere?

If there was an online "how-to" it'd be here on RCC. I'm building this thing like it is 2003/2004 all over again. Perhaps that's why I'm addicted to this thing. Forget those bolt-on things.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:24 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Don't get me wrong the color of the knuckles could be better but like you said the price and the fact that they fit so well is worth it.
Man the steering on that thing now is awesome! I need this mod for sure now.
Since you're doing such a great job with all your mods when you decide to do the TLT cvds post up some pics and a little instruction so we can see what and how your doing it. Much appreciated! Keep it up!
Old 07-22-2009, 07:00 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Don't get me wrong the color of the knuckles could be better but like you said the price and the fact that they fit so well is worth it.
Man the steering on that thing now is awesome! I need this mod for sure now.
Since you're doing such a great job with all your mods when you decide to do the TLT cvds post up some pics and a little instruction so we can see what and how your doing it. Much appreciated! Keep it up!
If and when I step it up to either TLT CVDs or another style(Axial?) setup... I'll be sure to start a new thread and show what and how I did it. I'll have to be sure to use some wider a-arms though, not much room for larger axles in that small space.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:49 PM   #59
On the lookout for Rocks

Did those knuckles bump up out any wider than stock?
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantmotion View Post
Did those knuckles bump up out any wider than stock?
No. It's just an illusion since they are half the size of the stock units.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-xc-cc01/182040-toyofasts-cc-01-jero-goes.html
Posted By For Type Date
CC01= TA02 and TA03 Parts Compatability CONFIRMED - Page 3 - Scale 4x4 R/C Forums This thread Refback 10-05-2011 10:00 AM