Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Toyofast's CC-01 'Jero that goes!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #61
On the lookout for Rocks

That's the same CVDs that I got and the stubs are about 3-4mm wider than the stock setup.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2009, 10:41 PM   #62
Quarry Creeper

could I get a better pic or two of the way yer rear shocks mount on the axle? thanks in advance!
4drmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:05 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantmotion View Post
That's the same CVDs that I got and the stubs are about 3-4mm wider than the stock setup.

Just remember that XC/CC-01 stuff is different than TA02 parts, especially the axles and knuckles. I didn't even compare the stock parts to the TA02 parts. It just went together without a problem. I didn't notice any effects of the rig being any wider, seems the same to me.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:50 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Okay... ran the 'Jero for a decent amount today, sand, rocks, mud and water. Many drops onto the front end and many times it was hopping. The Pajero was working great, then I noticed the right front wheel not turning. The actual CVD joint is fine, the shaft is slightly bent and I sheared the pins off the dogbone end at the differential output.

Although you can't see it in the picture, but the shaft is bent and looks more like the pin just fell out. The hole appears to be slightly oval shaped but I should be able to get another pin into it.

Even with the couple of issues I've had with these Yeah Racing CVDs, I'm still happy with them. Now that I think about it... Before I ran the Pajero this morning I actually preloaded that right front shock a bit more. Perhaps that was one reason why the shaft is bent, too much preload on the shocks not allowing the axles to ride where they should.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:53 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

So...

I feel that it's time to test another type of axle in this neat-0 rig. I have a set of these on the way to test and I'll see if I can break them next.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:54 AM   #66
On the lookout for Rocks

Where you find these at?

****EDIT****
NM found them

http://www.asiatees.com/display.php?...del=TA02&pid=1

Last edited by constantmotion; 07-30-2009 at 07:18 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:39 AM   #67
On the lookout for Rocks

The stubs look long on the silvers ones vs. the blue ones.

The silver ones look like the ones you currently have and the Yeah racing ones that I have. They don't have the step up on the spindle like the blue ones for the larger 6x12 bearing. Your new aluminum knuckles uses 2 5x11 bearing, right? Maybe that's why my shafts were too long..needed different knuckles, they were seating to deep in the knuckles.

Found this list of different knuckles:
TA01 Rear Knuckle (x2) 1150 bearings
TA01 Front Knuckle (x2) 1150 bearings

TA02 Rear Knuckle (x2) 1150 bearings
TA02 Front Knuckle (x1) 1510 bearing (x1) 1260 bearing

TA03 Rear Knuckle (x1) 1510 bearing (x1) 1260 bearing
TA03 Front Knuckle (x1) 1510 bearing (x1) 1260 bearing

CC01 FRONT=TA02 FRONT=TA03 FRONT
Old 07-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #68
RCC Addict

Quote:
Found this list of different knuckles:
TA01 Rear Knuckle (x2) 1150 bearings
TA01 Front Knuckle (x2) 1150 bearings

TA02 Rear Knuckle (x2) 1150 bearings
TA02 Front Knuckle (x1) 1510 bearing (x1) 1260 bearing

TA03 Rear Knuckle (x1) 1510 bearing (x1) 1260 bearing
TA03 Front Knuckle (x1) 1510 bearing (x1) 1260 bearing

CC01 FRONT=TA02 FRONT=TA03 FRONT
The difference between the silver and blue axles are the silver ones are for a TA02W. They used different knuckles and axles compared to the narrow TA02. TA03 uses the exact same dogbones and stub axles. I cross referenced everything in an old tamiya dealer parts manual. TA03 CVDs from MIP are still floating around. I got my set from Sheldons Hobbies on feebay. Im waiting on my new kit to get here to install them but they slid right into whats left of my old XC.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:12 AM   #69
On the lookout for Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
I got my set from Sheldons Hobbies on feebay.
I went the Sheldons Hobbies website and sent him an email about the MIP parts with part #'s to see if he had anymore, but never heard back from him.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:25 AM   #70
RCC Addict

Quote:
I went the Sheldons Hobbies website and sent him an email about the MIP parts with part #'s to see if he had anymore, but never heard back from him.
I couldnt find them on their website either, but heres the link to them on feebay. this guy has a lot of NOS parts for sale on feebay.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Sheldons...?_nkw=mip+ta03

Stick with the shiny ones... I seriously doubt that the aluminum bones would hold up to crawling. I never had any long term dependability from them racing off road.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:06 AM   #71
I wanna be Dave

The silver axles were not in stock hence the reason I didn't order those. Plus, if the blue units are wider, I'll run my wider front A-arms and hope they fit the width.

Another thing..... who else with a CC-01 is ordering these things to test? I have some MIP CVDs that almost fit, just have to find the right bearings and correct length A-arms.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #72
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
The silver axles were not in stock hence the reason I didn't order those. Plus, if the blue units are wider, I'll run my wider front A-arms and hope they fit the width.

Another thing..... who else with a CC-01 is ordering these things to test? I have some MIP CVDs that almost fit, just have to find the right bearings and correct length A-arms.
I have all kinds of old touring car parts from hpi and tamiya. what kinda a arm length are you looking for?
Old 07-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #73
On the lookout for Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
The difference between the silver and blue axles are the silver ones are for a TA02W. They used different knuckles and axles compared to the narrow TA02.
Not sure about that. I would think that would be labeled as W or Wide. They could be for the rear since the rear carriers use are the different. Well, that's what I bought from RCMart and now stuck with em. Sheldon's Hobbies is missing one of the stub axles

Toyo....Those that you bought should work fine with the stock carriers.

Last edited by constantmotion; 07-30-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

If not... oh well. I think this is actually fun! It's like 2003/2004 all over again when nothing was available for a crawler. I don't care for the plastic goods on the CC-01, I hope GPM can step up the plate and make some neat stuff.

Another thing, I bought some dogbones that were labeled for the TA02W and they fit perfectly... not sure what was up with that.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:49 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Quote:
Not sure about that. I would think that would be labeled as W or Wide. They could be for the rear since the rear carriers use are the different. Well, that's what I bought from RCMart and now stuck with em. Sheldon's Hobbies is missing one of the stub axles

that sucks they are out of stubs. they had 5 or 6 when I ordered mine. I wish I had bought a spare now... Ill dig thru that tamiya parts book and see what else uses that stub axle. I think the TGX did but im not sure that MIP sold a cvd kit for that chassis.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:50 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!

Got the GPM Racing TA02 Universals and holy crap... they are a direct replacement to the stock parts, no bearings needed or different knuckles required. They fit like they were made for the CC-01 setup.

This is what I have....

Where I got them. Only took about 4 business days, not to shabby and on par with RCMart shipping times.
http://www.asiatees.com/display.php?...del=TA02&pid=1

The angle doesn't seem to go as far and still work as smoothly as the CVDs but being a direct replacement is pretty cool. I think I'd rather have steel units but I'll have to do my punishment thing on the CC-01 again to see how well these units hold up.

Headed out to the garage to swap the stock knuckles back over and take the rig out to play!
Old 08-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

cool, so what do these give you, more turning?
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #78
On the lookout for Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantablo View Post
Yep
Old 08-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantablo View Post
That's my hope and being one unit, those that experience dogbones popping out, this would stop that from happening.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:14 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Did you already break the Yeah Racing ones?
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-xc-cc01/182040-toyofasts-cc-01-jero-goes.html
Posted By For Type Date
CC01= TA02 and TA03 Parts Compatability CONFIRMED - Page 3 - Scale 4x4 R/C Forums This thread Refback 10-05-2011 10:00 AM