Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: rc channel cc01 shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default rc channel cc01 shocks

Has anyone tried the rc channel shocks that are made to be used with their aluminum upgrades? http://www.shop.rpphobby.com/product...productId=1321
They would give a little more lift with the proper front end modifications. Only thing i dont know is how soft/hard they are.
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2009, 10:42 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Sorry, haven't heard of these before. Write the website, tell them what your going to do and want to know if they are soft springs..maybe they can send you some specs on it. RCPlanet did for me on some shocks I was looking at.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:59 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

im using HR losi mini shocks on my blazer project, heres some pics

scalerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:55 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i like those hr shocks. they look pretty scale. how are they working for you?
haynesn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

they work great actually, you can adjust them to you liking, when you order them, you also get a set of silver/chrome springs along with the blue ones
scalerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:34 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

those HR shocks look pretty nice. what is the length?
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

those losis look great!

I perosnally use the RC4wd dual spring 80mm shox. They do bind when you have the o rings in them but I figured out the problem. It was the piston rods that were binding. If you sand them down then polish them they wont bind as much because those rods were machined and if u run your finger nail down them u can feel the little grooves.

tpliquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:29 PM   #8

Hi guys! Sorry to drag up an old thread but I thought it was worth mentioning my experience with RC channel shocks.
I got the metal axle kit and the aluminium shocks earlier in the week - the metal axle kit is fantastic, the extra travel you gain in the front end alone makes it worth it, although you lose about 5mm of ground clearance as the lower skid plate is spaced downwards.

However, the aluminium shocks are terrible. The seal at the base of the shock body (where the piston slides) is some sort of rubber, but it has way too much friction, the piston rod resists travel in a major way. I put thin oil in them, the shock won't decompress under it's own power, and with the shock mounted on the car, if you push the chassis downwards it will not lift up again as you would expect, it takes about 2 minutes for the shock to decompress. Absolutely terrible. It is a pity, because they are a nice looking shock, but whatever the seal is is just no good. And it's not possible to fit o-rings in there as an alternative, the lower seal is held in by a tiny spring clip, not a threaded cap like every other shock I have. I may try enlarging the hole slightly, but my concern is that that will just lead to oil leaking out of the shock, not a great solution.

I refitted the standard CC-01 shocks and it works fine. Now I am just waiting on some RC4WD 80mm scale shocks, hopefully those are good!
spope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:54 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalerfreak View Post
im using HR losi mini shocks on my blazer project, heres some pics

Are you using Minit fronts on front and rear on rear or one size all around?
the_ghetto_rig is offline   Reply With Quote