Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Wider offset options?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Wider offset options?

I am building a CC01 scaler and am currently using flat irons on SCX10 beadlocks. This is wider than the HPI stock car rims that came on my used cc01 roller, but not quite wide enough for body clearance on the body I am using. I really don't want to have to change rims as I like how the scx10 ones look and I am happy with the appearance and width of them and how they tuck nicely under the flares. Is there any way to add a slightly thicker hex to gain maybe 3-4mm per side? Or am I going to have to start cutting the body...
Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

You could try the thick front hexs off of the e-rustler. I've used them before to gain a bit of width on a friend's wheely king. Here they are at tower.
I'm not sure if the stubs in the cc-01 are long enough, but its something to try.

EDIT: There about 7mm wide, not sure if that's enough for what you want.
Sephis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

yeh the stubs are only so long. Id like a wide offset too, im trying to make a 1:1 model of my neighbors bogger, and the wheels and tires stick wayy out of the body
traxxas4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Well, I think the thinnest 12mm hex wideners I have come across were 15mm per side, so I don't think you would want those.

In your first post you say your happy with the way the wheels tuck into the flares, but the second one says you want them to stick out? Are you just trying to push the tires out a little so they fill the fenders better when it articulates, or are you moving the tires outside the fenders? Maybe its cause I'm tired, but I'm not quite following which one your wanting.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:13 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephis View Post
Well, I think the thinnest 12mm hex wideners I have come across were 15mm per side, so I don't think you would want those.

In your first post you say your happy with the way the wheels tuck into the flares, but the second one says you want them to stick out? Are you just trying to push the tires out a little so they fill the fenders better when it articulates, or are you moving the tires outside the fenders? Maybe its cause I'm tired, but I'm not quite following which one your wanting.
Looking down from above the truck, you barely see any tread sticking out from the flares and I don't want to really go much wider than it is, but a couple mm per side would give more steering and body clearance from the tallish tires...
Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:24 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Ahh, well the e-rustler hexs would probably net you another 2 or 3mm per side, but I doubt you would have enough threads left to put the wheel nuts on. OTOH, you could buy something like this and cut them down to the width you want.