Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Cc-01 is about to push me over the edge!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Cc-01 is about to push me over the edge!

ive about HAD IT with my CC-01!!!!

So i only have front wheel drive. So i thought the gears might be worn down alot, so i bought new gears. I put the new transfercase gear in and the spur. WRONG that didnt fix it. So the bearings were pretty trashy, so i bought bearings. NOPE didnt fix it! it has 4wd when theres like no strain on the wheels when your holding it in the air, but soon as you put it on the ground 2WD w00t! NOT
So the only thing i think it could be is the chassis..

Last edited by 666; 05-18-2010 at 07:34 PM.
traxxas4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2010, 05:33 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I'd check the shast that transfers power to the rear axle...
tHeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:53 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like your locker in the rear diff is no longer locked, the 3 tiny screws that hold it together c work there way out over time if threadlock is not used. Maybe a simpler fix then you think. I had a second hand one do that to me as well.
SMUDGEBUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:53 AM   #4
On the lookout for Rocks

If you hold it up and give it throttle, grab the driveshaft. If it stops then it's something from it forward, if not then it's in the axle. Make sure the drive shaft set screws are tight at the axle and the trans case.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:40 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUDGEBUG View Post
Sounds like your locker in the rear diff is no longer locked, the 3 tiny screws that hold it together c work there way out over time if threadlock is not used. Maybe a simpler fix then you think. I had a second hand one do that to me as well.
Yep, that's what happend to mine a month or two ago!
shambrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:42 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shambrick View Post
Yep, that's what happend to mine a month or two ago!
the power doesnt even get too the driveshaft..
Old 05-08-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

well i fixed it a bit better, but its still messed up, worked on it for like 3 hours today. I just shortened the screws on the transfergear case cover, but 4wd works until you get it in a bind a bit
Old 05-10-2010, 09:44 AM   #8

Sounds to me like the driveshaft is slipping...
Cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:17 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I've had my cc-01 for about two years now (and it wqs used when I bought it) I've had just about EVERY driveline related problem you could possibly have on one of these rigs as I am terrible to mine...does it click? or does it sound like its grinding?.. or is it just no power at all..? A little more information will allwo me to maybe give you a fix..Don't give up fixing them is all part of the game!!
pvtjrt01550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:15 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Have you pulled the drive gear that's under the cover on the bottom of the chassis? That gear consists of a half round shaft on both ends. One a lot longer than the other. The shaft is held by an E-clip on one end and a bushing on the other. What I am trying to get at is the drive gear has a half round hole all the way through it and it is possible that the steel shaft might have completely rounded out the hole in the gear (being that the gear is plastic and the shaft is metal). I'm looking in the instruction manual and this is about the only thing that I can see that could fail to do what your describing. Other than the spur gear totally missing the drive gear. Being worn bushings or stripped gears. But I think that would make one hell of a noise. Since there is only 2 gears and a driveshaft involved in driving the rearend, and the drive gear I described being made like it is, I would start there. Easy to tell. Pull the half moon cover on the bottom of the chassis that is held on by 2 screws, pull the gear out, hold on to the drive shaft, and try to turn the gear. If the gear turns on the shaft, it's screwed. If not, check the cover and the hole the gear came out of for excess wear that may be causing the 2 gears to not mesh. Hope this helps some.

Last edited by hvydty1; 05-11-2010 at 09:31 PM.
hvydty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:56 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

i just replaced the halfmoon gear, and the whole spur setup. . i cant figure it out.. i took the e clip off cuz i didnt see one in the manual, but it was doing it when the e clip was on..
Old 06-23-2010, 05:50 PM   #12
LR3
Rock Crawler

I have the same exact problem with mine. I give it gass and it grinds like nothing else and when it gets even a little strain like grass of pinestraw or anything it is only front wheel drive.
LR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #13
JLF
Quarry Creeper

Mine had this problem today at Tammies Hobbies. Mike took off the rear wheels, took off the 12mm nut/wheel mount thingy... blew the debris out, laid down a ton of some WD-40 type spray, put it back together, and it worked perfectly.

Although if youve replaced everything, Im sure your axle ends are clean and free of debris? Sounds like an oversimplified fix, and it was; but it worked for me. Maybe for you too?
JLF is offline   Reply With Quote