Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: CCo1 Build.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 06:37 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowmastered87GL View Post
That gear that you have circled in red... you said its only working one way, but not the other. Its possible that you have the rare torque splitter unit in there.

Stock the CC/XC should (in that gear position) have a white plastic gear, with a bearing pressed into each end and a round metal shaft going through it. The gear is a single piece.

Hmmm well there is no bearing there so it could be. As far as the grinding that issue has been solved. I used a tad bigger screw and that did it.

Well here is the body I will be using nothing special just a hummer with a kicker. Stay tuned it will be here Thursday or Friday.

bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Bent...PM me, the wife has a booth at an antique store and I think theres a couple of these rigs in there...If you want I can go and get measurements for you and pics....won't boost the price, just let me know..and I'll go check it for ya....

I understand with the batteries...I will be running two lipos as well for that same reason.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

PM sent squatch lemme know.

I hate this game! I never did like the sit and wait game.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:13 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

I seriously need some information on how to keep my motor/esc cool. I didn't bother doing any type of crawling until today and shit got HOT!!!! I need to know the best way to keep this bugger cool. Here is a memory refresh pic of how the set up on my rig is.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:07 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Well I figure I needed to show you guys something so here is this just a quick crappy vid. Still have heating issue. after this run the shit was smoking it was so warm. Please help me solve this issue I love running this truck but I do not wanna burn this thing up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2zUlnRluu0

Last edited by bent; 10-18-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:55 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

What ESC are you using. I have a Losi Night Crawler speedy and it hardly overheats at all. I would also highly recommend getting about 55t motor in there to slow it down and give more torque which will reduce heat coming from the speedy as well because of the lower amps going to the motor and longer battery life. Also you need to get some better tyres as the stock tamiya ones are better suited for drifting than rock crawling.
rustykaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:16 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Ok guys here is the latest body. It is less than 1/4 inch short so instead of doing the same thing that every one else does I decided id go the other way and shorten the wb just a pinch so that the truck would better fit the chassis. I only had to drill two holes to make this work that is the only mods that had to be done. Everything other than the lower 4link bars fit in existing holes. I want to get some smaller tires and wheels so that I can lower the rear down just a tad and have the clearance that i need. YES i know I need new lower 4 link bars on this thing but these will work for now.

Rustykaos I am running a stock Tamiya esc I have since, I last posted, swapped out the 19t for a 27t and the heat has been kept to a reasonable temp. The esc hasn't gotten hot since. As far as crawling this is more of a go have fun truck. just like in the video but a little more capable. I just wanna be able to hit "trails" and crawl over bigger things that might get in the way.

Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited by bent; 10-18-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:58 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

It fit suprizingly well. Glad it will work out.
airdreams1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #29

The stock Tamiya ESC can't handle any thing above a silver can really. You're lucky your ESC didn't fry. 16T pinion or 20T?
AzNKevin4EvA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:20 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

airdreams1: Yeah I had to do a lil work to get the body to fit and Im not done yet. I still need to get some 4link bars and shock mounts. It'll get there man. TY for this.

AzNKevin4EvA honestly I didn't think to look. I have a Epic 27 in it now and it don't get hot just the usual warm.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:29 PM   #31

16T should bring down the heat and provide more torque. The 27T is the equivalent of the stock motor so you're good to go.
AzNKevin4EvA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:30 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

SWEET!! Ty for the info. This isn't no where near done so stay tuned!
Old 10-19-2010, 06:35 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Looking for some mini slash or mini DT wheels that accept 12mm hex.

More to come later.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:36 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Lookin pretty good bud... Keep it up!

Curious to see what you wind up with for rims and tires
Oddman102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #35
cherry bomb

Silverado body looks very good on there. Any plans for paint? I also can't wait to see your wheel and tire choice.

I've wanted a CC01 for ages and just ordered mine the otherday. Can't wait.
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

As far as paint I am thinking that I may run this old scheme here, well down there, but a lil cleaner work. I also am planning on adding mesh to the grill and fabbing some buckets for lights and such. I am going to build a bed cover WAY BETTER than the last one I did, so i can have a place up high for the esc, and receiver. As far as tires and wheels I do not know yet every think I find is to big so I may have to break down and try cutting a set up.

Ignore the tires my imex swamp dawgs hadn't come in yet.

If you are not serious about crawling and just want a fun lil trail rig the CC01 is perfect. With some cheap easy mods it crawls good enough to go over most obsticals. I do not know how it does in mud I didnt take mine out today. They are fun with a 27t motor not to fast not to slow you know. Mine isn't done (obviously) and I already like it more than any of the crawlers I have owned.

Well except this one but it was my first so.

Last edited by bent; 10-23-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Last update for a week or so. I have other rigs to concentrate on and I need to get my oval car finished up.

I have trimmed the body and now have it securely mounted. I plan on running these tires with hummer wheels if I can get these off.

Last edited by bent; 10-24-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

looks better without the stickers. Are you going to make a new roll bar???
good uck getting the tires off the rims.... depending on what glue you used it may be inposible.
airdreams1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:35 AM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Yes eventually I will have a new light bar on this rig. Don't think imma run a roll bar.

Thanks to you I will have a new set of gears coming in as well as a light kit. This is still on hold for a while as it will be one month before I get my parts in.

Last edited by bent; 10-27-2010 at 04:41 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:29 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Got the gears ordered and im wanting to get a new body but we will have to see.