Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Rock Stomper on CC-01?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 08:04 AM   #1

Default Rock Stomper on CC-01?

Hi im planning to get the 1.9 rock stomper for my bone stock CC-01 Land Cruiser. My question is, is the tires just bolt in and play?or do i have to cut/trim something?i dont like cutting so im hoping it would be a direct fit..thanks
bentoy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2010, 09:55 AM   #2
LR3
Rock Crawler

Without a body lift rock stompers will be too tall for the CC01 Chassis. Tires like the dirt grabbers and mud thrashers would be a better fit. Anything over 4 inches will normally be too big on the CC chassis, so I would go 4 and under which includes tires like dirt grabber, mud thrasher, tomahawk, etc.

Hope that helps
LR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

If the new tires are a tight fit you can always break out the dremel and clearance the front suspension parts, install some spacers front and rear and make a cheap suspension lift (its easy, just remove the shocks and grind away material on the arms til you get more droop)
Flowmastered87GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:42 PM   #4
Gold Star Baby Momma!

They will fit, no issues with a arms or suspension parts. Will have to chop the body all to pieces though.
Tuffguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3 View Post
Without a body lift rock stompers will be too tall for the CC01 Chassis. Tires like the dirt grabbers and mud thrashers would be a better fit. Anything over 4 inches will normally be too big on the CC chassis, so I would go 4 and under which includes tires like dirt grabber, mud thrasher, tomahawk, etc.

Hope that helps
ahh ok my LHS here in the philippines only has the stompers or the prowler,The prowler is under 4 inches so can i just buy that instead? Does the prowler has the same performance as the stompers? Thanks!:evergreen:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowmastered87GL View Post
If the new tires are a tight fit you can always break out the dremel and clearance the front suspension parts, install some spacers front and rear and make a cheap suspension lift (its easy, just remove the shocks and grind away material on the arms til you get more droop)
Nice cool im seriously considering the stompers though. Where can i find the link to do the cheap suspensiobn lift?thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffguy View Post
They will fit, no issues with a arms or suspension parts. Will have to chop the body all to pieces though.
That sucks i dont think i can cut the body without regreting it lol bodies are hard to find in my area Thanks!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

this thread has SOME info on the front lift Blackfoots CC01 Project with Some simple DIY Mods

Basically once you get the added front droop you can just stick a 1/4 spacer above the shock mount, then screw it back on with a longer screw. Or get longer shocks. Same works in the rear, you can get a spacer or longer shocks.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:27 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

i wish people would stop saying that 4in plus tires don't fit. they will fit on factory set up, but it will depend on your body fit, triming the front of your chassis,and possibly wheel offset. its not hard. just use a marker to mark out where you want to cut\trim before you do. i go back and forth from rock crushers and flat irons on factory suspension. other than the front of the chassis i have not modified the factory chassis\suspension.this pic shows my chassis before i trimed the front to match the body.

itsjust me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjust me View Post
i wish people would stop saying that 4in plus tires don't fit. they will fit on factory set up, but it will depend on your body fit, triming the front of your chassis,and possibly wheel offset. its not hard. just use a marker to mark out where you want to cut\trim before you do. i go back and forth from rock crushers and flat irons on factory suspension. other than the front of the chassis i have not modified the factory chassis\suspension.this pic shows my chassis before i trimed the front to match the body.

wow now thats sick!! The tires look really big! but as what ive said id like to keep mine as scale as possible so maybe ill just stick with the 3plus inch tires maybe ill get the prowler tires what do you think?

Heres my FJ40

Last edited by bentoy101; 10-26-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:04 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Very nice cruiser ^^^ It just needs a front bumper of some sort...
Old 10-26-2010, 07:03 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

i like it. it looks like a fresh restore. what wheels are those.
itsjust me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:58 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

rockstompers are very hard tires so they aint the best performance wise no as far as them fitting u got some options, 1st put them on and let them rub, 2nd wider hexes different rims and they should work but will be spaced way out, 3rd body lift, if it was me i would check some online sights for more options
XxRockStar199xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:15 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowmastered87GL View Post
Very nice cruiser ^^^ It just needs a front bumper of some sort...
Thanks !!yeah it does have a bumper now. I got it off my old H2 Nikko rc ..lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjust me View Post
i like it. it looks like a fresh restore. what wheels are those.
Thanks I think those are hpi ones cant remember exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxRockStar199xX View Post
rockstompers are very hard tires so they aint the best performance wise no as far as them fitting u got some options, 1st put them on and let them rub, 2nd wider hexes different rims and they should work but will be spaced way out, 3rd body lift, if it was me i would check some online sights for more options
Wow whats better the rockstomper or the prowler?Im really considering the prolwer coz its under 4inch tall
Old 10-28-2010, 02:02 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Flat Irons in G8 work really well on a CC01 too. Thats what I have on my Brat I think they are 4.25 tall or so.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:20 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

well i aint had a set of prowlers so honestly i couldnt tell you how they work but if you can fit a tire just as tall as the rockstombers i would go wit tsl swampers or flat irons they are around 4.25 give or take alittle but they perform grear
XxRockStar199xX is offline   Reply With Quote