Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Problem with JUNFAC 4 link kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Problem with JUNFAC 4 link kit

I just recently purchased the JUNFAC 4 link suspension for the CC01 and installed it on my Unimog. I noticed that you had to replace the shock ends with the ones provided in the 4 link kit. After doing this, the shocks are approximately 4 mm shorter. This created a bit of an issue since I had modded the front suspension for more lift. This created the rear sitting a little lower than the front. To those who have installed the JUNFAC, have you had this problem and how did you fix it? I added a few plastic spacers under the upper shock mounts which solved the issue. I just wanted to see what others have done. The 4 link kit is amazing and coupled with the GPM steering, it finishes off my CC01 build beautifully.
RABIDFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

That junfac kit looks very polished but at 60 bux I find it a little steep.. I think I'll try the GPM 4 link kit but that one doesn't come with that great looking skid plate.
Junkz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #3

What body do you have on your cc
2forty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:07 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I also had the same situation with my kit. I actually took the extra ball ends and installed them on the stock shocks too. I did not like the feel of the suspension after I mounted them. So I then took a pair of RC10 Gold front shocks I had laying around and installed the ball ends on them. With the shorter ball ends it complimented the Gold’s for my build and functioned great. I used the softest spring I could find and had the right sag in them for the ride height, as I did not want a rake to the chassis with the longer shock bodies. I also used a different upper shock mount too. I felt the stock location restricted movement for the rear suspension.

Here is a photo of my set-up. I have silver springs installed now which were softer than the green pair.

SFC K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Looks like the outage deleted my post.

I have the Unimog CC01. The pics are in the CC01 gallery. I need to post more pics with the JUNFAC and GPM steering installed. I did some mods to the GPM steering to further tighten it up and it's outstanding. Only slop I have now is from the factory ball joints. I need to further mod the steering to swap out the factory stuff with RPM ball cups and Associated ball studs. Or, the Traxxas ball links. I modded the bottom plastic plate to allow free movement of the steering links. No binding and there should be enough room for the new ball links. I have a GPM motor mount on the way and just ordered a metal servo mount as well. This rig is going to be bombproof!
Old 05-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #6
RCC Addict

what mod you do to the steering? i just got mine. thought it rode on bearing. still wears the chassis. looks way better then stock. im keeping it. just wondering what else i can do why it apart thanks
m1009cucv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:53 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Only things I did was to modify the lower arm plate to give clearance to the steering arms. I also replaced the outer steering tie rods with Lunsford turnbuckles. RPM ball cups and Associated ball joints. Much tighter than the Tamiya tie rods.