Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Another Noob CC-01 Owner(with a few pics)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 10:25 PM   #1

Default Another Noob CC-01 Owner(with a few pics)

Hi chaps,

Recently purchased a CC-01 after a spur of the moment thing, was only going to spend £100 on a Holiday Buggy, Grasshopper or Porsche Cayenne, but always wanted to start crawling/trailing. Allready Have a Lunchbox and a Boomerang as my speedier machines, so for an extra £30 the Land Cruiser was mine!

What an excellant all rounder! half decent with no mods out of the box, can be very nippy if you want it to be, or take things slow with a crawler motor.

Certainly not new to Tamiya and really enjoyed the build apart from the painting! sadly the bargain bin paint I got reacted badly and the inside of the shell resembles a volcanic landscape, but as its a runner, what the hell!

Have already got the tinkering bug and fitted some spotlamps, front drive shafts, rear alloy suspension mounts, new set of wheels and tyres(although a little on the large side) and of course the must have - BEARINGS.

Made up some links for the rear today using the origional mounts and these improve the clearance and get rid of the ugly trailing arms.

Did take it out around the 90% finished mark for a run in the local country park and absolutley loved it!

Heres a few pics:

Sadly, this is the only out door one I have thanks to my computer stopping uploads to photobucket.

Made an extending tow pole after a spell of boredom, simple and basic.

Hitched up to the Luncbox, was quite fun driving around.

Any way, enough from me for now, absolutley loving this forum especially the CC-01 section.

Any comments welcome.

Carl
carlos2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2011, 03:03 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

what aweet lil rig. these things are a blast.
Frankie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #3

Great looking rig Carlos!!!
I like the choice in body color too. Something different, and the body detail stands out nicely with it. Unique tow bar you built as well!!!
roadog1aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #4

Thanks for your replies guys.

Its not technically advanced or detailed as some others on here but am hoping to get some scale accessories, time will tell. Hopefully get a new shell, realised I should of gone with zebra stripes as soon as the red reacted.

Been playing in the garage tonight to keep me awake, fitted a little bracket to hold the tow pole(which had to be shortened) and it also doubles as a holder for the light unit that runs the spots.

Also fitted the TLU but as I had to lose the rear lamps thanks to the paint swamping the masking tape, Im in the process of mounting a pumpkin bumper which will accept the origional LED holders that have been cut down, quick spray with chrome paint and at the min its looking good.

Also toying with the idea of fitting lunchbox side steps but think they will look too gawdy, maybe satin black? Just thinking of ideas to strengthen the shell alittle.

Thanks again for the replies, hoping to update soon, but alas, my nights off are done with for now so back to the grind stone I go!

Carl

Last edited by carlos2010; 07-19-2011 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:13 PM   #5

Manage to run a couple of battery packs in the early hours, only place out of the way is near a local farm, last time I was there with the LB he had a huge pile of railway ballast, at least 8ft high and I thought it would be fun to see if the toyota could climb it, sadly its nigh on 2 ft high now, but still had fun.

Not 100% on the yellow body clips, they are growing on me though.

Managed to get a finger print on the back bumper, so just fitted it any way, can always be cleaned up and re finished.

Locals were curious, horses are so damn scary close up!