Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: A few Q's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #1

Default A few Q's

Gday guys!
Ive been looking about for awhile now for some trail rigs for my kids and myself. I have a berg crawler that my boys love hooning around the rockwalls at home. Its time for their own trucks
They wont be doing any full on crawling just some trail work, few rocks and gullies etc. My plan is to make a single lane track at home with a few differnt obstacles and routes to traverse.

So i HAVE 3 KIDS eek and myself to cater for here. I decided on the CC-01 chassis as they seem great for trail work and look scale as can be. Also the kits are quite cheap $170-$190

I have a few questions aswell, now are there any differences between the kits and RTR? are all the diff gears the same etc? They will all be running on lipos so I was thinking of using the new axial exc with lipo cutoff and drag brake with a 35T brushed motor, sound alright?

After a little searching I can get the Jeep, Mog and landcruiser fairly easy in Kit form. I can only find the Pajero in RTR, and they are over double the $$$ of the kits. Are the Paj's getting thin on the ground or do I need to just search harder? It would be nice to have 4 different trucks cruising about
Mash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mash13 View Post
Gday guys!
Ive been looking about for awhile now for some trail rigs for my kids and myself. I have a berg crawler that my boys love hooning around the rockwalls at home. Its time for their own trucks
They wont be doing any full on crawling just some trail work, few rocks and gullies etc. My plan is to make a single lane track at home with a few differnt obstacles and routes to traverse.

So i HAVE 3 KIDS eek and myself to cater for here. I decided on the CC-01 chassis as they seem great for trail work and look scale as can be. Also the kits are quite cheap $170-$190

I have a few questions aswell, now are there any differences between the kits and RTR? are all the diff gears the same etc? They will all be running on lipos so I was thinking of using the new axial exc with lipo cutoff and drag brake with a 35T brushed motor, sound alright?

After a little searching I can get the Jeep, Mog and landcruiser fairly easy in Kit form. I can only find the Pajero in RTR, and they are over double the $$$ of the kits. Are the Paj's getting thin on the ground or do I need to just search harder? It would be nice to have 4 different trucks cruising about
Tamiya likes to discontinue RC's then re release them at a latter date.
You might be better off with the SCX-10 kit for Trail fun. There is nothing wrong with the CC-01 but out of the box it would have a heck of a time on the rocks.
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote