Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Project 1.5" Bronco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Project 1.5" Bronco

Man i love the look of the rust effect you have done the body, keep up the great work mate
ejohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Hey Guys, well I changed a few things around, added a few more scale details and also added some weight to the front wheels. Now it crawls like a champ .

Driving this ones a blast, and it still has the "mild" offroad / weekend warrior scale look to it which I love, and was after when building it.

However, if one is fun, then TWO should be even better.. right..?

I built up this second one this past weekend, pretty much the same as the first except went with the "beater" look this time. Its got locked diffs front and rear, a few of the common suspension mods, 1.55" steel beadlocks with rock stompers as well as the same under armor as the red one. I even went so far as to dent in some of the body panels first before paint. I think it came out pretty cool and it actually crawls better than its little brother..

Last edited by 51WillysJeep; 02-19-2012 at 03:43 PM.
51WillysJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:39 AM   #23

" The TWIN "................
ymmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:59 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

can you give us a little more details about front part...is the brick cut out? post some (or a lot of) pictures from different angles with this part...and the skids are homemade?...your trucks looks so cool, that almost make me forget that the Trail Finder 2 is on my wishlist...

LE: please excuse my noob questions but on the paint work, the rust effect are brushed inside mixing the 2 colors?...and what are the white stuff applied on the outside part of the body...can you detail a little this technique ...Thanks a lot.

Ultra LE: I can't take my eyes off this 2 pages...WOW...the hand didn't wanna hit any other buttons...

Last edited by cornel4web; 02-28-2012 at 03:08 AM.
cornel4web is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornel4web View Post
can you give us a little more details about front part...is the brick cut out? post some (or a lot of) pictures from different angles with this part...and the skids are homemade?...your trucks looks so cool, that almost make me forget that the Trail Finder 2 is on my wishlist...

LE: please excuse my noob questions but on the paint work, the rust effect are brushed inside mixing the 2 colors?...and what are the white stuff applied on the outside part of the body...can you detail a little this technique ...Thanks a lot.

Ultra LE: I can't take my eyes off this 2 pages...WOW...the hand didn't wanna hit any other buttons...
Thanks, The "Brick" was not cut off on purpose ( re-read post #1 ) . I have 20+ scalers and I wanted to build this one as a semi "stocker" that was just a fun lil backyard basher rig ( that IMO turned out better than I originally planned).
I made the skids from pieces of aluminum sheet. Just cut them out, bent them up and bolted them on. pretty easy. The rust effect is on the inside . I used copper first and brushed on by hand. Then did the same thing with the silver. The white is just the paint for the roof ( inside).
Old 03-01-2012, 12:41 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Thanks...I re-read your posts and see now that you just cover the brick with the skid...interesting...
Sorry for my noob insistence, but I wanna start the paint jobs on mine, so please let me know if those steps are correct: masking the windows and the roof, paint the "rust" effect, paint the roof on the inside, mask the windows and roof on the outside, spray the outside body - just don't know when you paint the black parts (outside or inside?)...
Cheers,

Last edited by cornel4web; 03-01-2012 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thanks...I re-read your posts and see now that you just cover the brick with the skid...interesting...
Sorry for my noob insistence, but I wanna start the paint jobs on mine, so please let me know if those steps are correct: masking the windows and the roof, paint the "rust" effect, paint the roof on the inside, mask the windows and roof on the outside, spray the outside body - just don't know when you paint the black parts (outside or inside?)...
Cheers,
Yes, you are correct. First off mask the inside windows ( I just free hand painted around them, but to make 100% sure there are NO slip-ups, mask them off for good measure). Then apply your "rust" color combinations to wherever the outside paint will get scraped away exposing the inner layer of "rust" paint which is what we are after. You could paint the inner roof with the same "rust" paint theme if you wanted to, I just painted mine white to match the outside final color.

I also painted the fender flares black on the INSIDE first as well as the outside after the final color was sprayed, since they are probably one of the first things to get scratched up when going thru a rock garden ( because they're right at tire height). Also If you plan on making the roof white, paint it first on the outside and once dried mask it off, THEN make the darker body color your final coat. If you do it the other way around, the red (or whatever darker color you choose ) may "bleed" thru the white ruining the paintjob. Hope this helps you out

Make sure to post up a build thread and pics of your truck once its ready to paint..!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

thanks...I will...
Old 03-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

...just gathering the info...I do that becouse I'd like to start soon and wanna doing right from the start...I note down the best mods, and re-reading your post, I see that you did some suspension mods on your second bronco...can you help me please with those?

PS: If you consider I bother you enough, just give me a sign and I stop my questions...THANKS.

Last edited by cornel4web; 03-01-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
...just gathering the info...I do that becouse I'd like to start soon and wanna doing right from the start...I note down the best mods, and re-reading your post, I see that you did some suspension mods on your second bronco...can you help me please with those?

PS: If you consider I bother you enough, just give me a sign and I stop my questions...THANKS.
one more...are you applying the decals using water? or what method?

Project 1.5" Bronco - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
project "baloo", a tamiya bronco build sods 1.9 Scale Rigs 26 08-02-2015 04:35 PM
Rampede's Bronco Trail Finder Build "Mud Cow" Rampede 1.9 Scale Rigs 9 06-07-2010 01:59 AM
Project "FRANKESTAIN" or "AXIAL FORCE" mykonian General Crawlers 5 03-06-2009 11:37 AM
My TLT/pede/bronco crawler thing "El mule" Highmark Tamiya TLT Crawlers 9 09-10-2004 09:29 PM