Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: FinCrawler´s Jero

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 03:30 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default FinCrawler´s Jero

Finally got my CC-01 and before i took it for its maiden voyage, i decided to lose those rock hard tires. Sadly i had to lose the original rims also, i kind of liked the look of those, but as they are not beadlocks and i resist glueing, i had no choice. Dirt Grabbers were mounted on GMade VR01.
For those tires, i had to dremel those wheel arches a little bit but you really cant tell that if you dont know it.. ;)

Also, the stock bumper had to go, its just hideous.

Stock electrics had to go also. Motor is Integy Lathe 65t, ESC Axial AE-2 and servo from Axial Wraith. Radios are also from RTR Wraith as i really didnt want to go back in time and use Mhz radios.
Stock steering was replaced with GPM aluminium steering kit as ive read that that stock steering is bad. Now, i dont think that it works right at the moment as it tends to be a bit sloppy, but i have ordered also GPM aluminium steering knuckles and shafts so it should improve at least the steering radius. Now this thing turns like a limousine.

Now, i just had my first quick test and this really is a fun little thing to drive, so completely different as SCX10.
I had the diffs open, but after that test, im thinking of locking at least the rear diff for now.

--> going to lock up the diff and go trophying.

Last edited by FinCrawler; 07-14-2012 at 03:59 AM.
FinCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: FinCrawler´s Jero

So, the maiden voyage is behind and im really loving this car! Even with open front diff, this is much more fun than with SCX10.

There was a problem also..

At one point it felt like the car lost some of its power and when i tried the motor, it was REALLY hot, i mean, i couldnt keep my finger on it more than few seconds and thats with 2S lipo..
Im guessing thats because of the gearing ratio of CC-01 but can that really happen with 65T motor???
Im stunned as ive had scale cars many years and this is the first time the motor of the car is that hot.
Never in my SCX´s had these kind of problems even with faster motors.

If that is because of the gearing, what there is to do as theres no spur gear to change? Smaller pinion, will that help?

Last edited by FinCrawler; 07-14-2012 at 08:12 AM.
FinCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

FinCrawler´s Jero - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
King 'Jero Difuser 1.9 Scale Rigs 48 11-15-2013 10:13 PM
Has this been done to a jero?? scalecrazy 1.9 Scale Rigs 19 10-04-2010 01:49 PM
Just another 'Jero hellbentrodder Tamiya XC/CC01 11 07-03-2009 07:38 PM