Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: First CC-01

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #1

Default First CC-01

Bought my first CC-01 from RPPHOBBY. Owned a new scx-10 but sold it and my buddy said he was buying one so i just had to do it. Bought the bronco CC-01 got a few other goodies with it too. Cant wait to get it and build it. never built a kit so this will be my first one. I dont know what it is with this hobby but I can never stay away from it. I buy them then sell them but i think im gonna keep this one.
03ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: First CC-01

Definitely get actual bearings before you build. The plastic 'bearings' that come with the kit are pretty lame. Waterproof bearings too if you can find them. What kind of goal do you have for the new rig? Scale accurate, rock crawler, rock racer? There are so many mods for the CC01 you can do almost anything with it.
derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #3

where can you get actual bearings like sold in a kit?? if so ill buy them right now haha. Umm pretty new to the whole scaling things so im gonna try for that i already bought the waterproof traxxas servo to start out. also bought the junfac driveshaft for it. I like the axial radio from the scx10 so i bought that.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Derb gave me these sizes

11x 5x11x4mm
2x 10x15x4mm
2x 6x12x4mm
3x 5x8x2.5mm

I pieced mine together at Avid Bearings. It cost me like $20.00.

I just get the rubber sealed one's for a dollar a piece.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #5

whats better the rubber or revolution?
Old 10-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #6

Can you tell me where each one goes? or is it pretty simple as to which one goes where?
Old 10-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

It will show you in the manual where they go. Just replace the 'plastic bearings' with their real, metal counterparts as you come across them in the build. The tamiya manuals are excellent, you can even drop the bearing on the page and line it up with the image on the left to make sure you are using the right sizes. I loved that if you were confused all the parts were in real size so you just find the piece that matches the image.

As for difference between rubber and revolution:-

Quote:
The Revolution Series bearings are a low friction bearing with several options to help satisfy anyone's desire. What makes this bearing unique is that it has a rubber seal on one side while having a metal shield on the other. Rubber seals are great protectors against dirt but the price is that they offer a little more friction due to the tighter seal. Now the performance of a metal shield is excellent but allows dirt to get in easily. So with the Revolution series, you run the rubber side towards the outside and the metal towards the inside. You get the protection of the rubber but the added performance by having one less rubber seal. But you don't have to stop there, if you are truly performance oriented and want the least amount of friction then you're in luck. You can quickly pop off the rubber seal with an exacto and place the metal shield facing outward in your hubs. This is the best performance you could attain while maintaining some protection from dirt.

Last edited by derb; 10-15-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #8

i just decided to go with the rubber ones. I just want this dang thing here already. my parents are gonna be wondering why im getting all these things in the mail. LOL thank you again
Old 10-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

No worries. Have a browse through some of the larger build threads and see what tickles your fancy. SCX10 esc will be great too, most guys just run a Gear Reduction Unit [GRU] to get some drag brake, but the axial esc has tuneable drag brake.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03ranger View Post
whats better the rubber or revolution?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03ranger View Post
i just decided to go with the rubber ones. I just want this dang thing here already. my parents are gonna be wondering why im getting all these things in the mail. LOL thank you again
Rubber has never failed me before, so to speak;)

I've run Avids in all my cars from 12th scale and TC to my bashers like my Stampedes and everything in between
Old 10-16-2012, 02:22 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

There are some copper bearings worth replacing too. When you get your kit take the manual or all the bearings into your local hobby shop
SMiTHBRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by derb View Post
No worries. Have a browse through some of the larger build threads and see what tickles your fancy. SCX10 esc will be great too, most guys just run a Gear Reduction Unit [GRU] to get some drag brake, but the axial esc has tuneable drag brake.
...are the GRU has this function too ?? to do drag brake ??
cornel4web is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMiTHBRo View Post
There are some copper bearings worth replacing too. When you get your kit take the manual or all the bearings into your local hobby shop

The size list I gave him replaces those, as well as the plastic ones ;)
Old 10-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornel4web View Post
...are the GRU has this function too ?? to do drag brake ??
It adds resistance to the drive train when off the throttle, so it is kind of a non-electronic drag brake.