Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Military based Mog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 02:24 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Military based Mog

My Military based "MSV" Mobile Service Vehicle..a fictional creation..still working on lights front bumper/winch mount and snow plow..
Snow plow will use the frt "brike" as a mounting point hence the reason I havent cut it out. Crappy phone pic..will try and post clear and outside pics in the next day or so.

DieselJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2012, 04:22 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Military based Mog

Awesome rig man! Have you considered getting the military scale tyres from RC4WD?
derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the reply..I looked at the tires but I really like the outcroppers..the one on the back is from a new set of 4 tamiya hilux tires off ebay I got a good deal on..yet to come is lights..make a frt bumper/winch mount and a snow plow..
I got the CC01 off craigslist super cheap with all the bearings and all assembled had never seen the outside..took it apart and went through it...
wanted something different. All the acc in the back I made myself using tips from this and other forumns..Fuel Tank/genset/welder/toolbox etc
Rear bumper is 1/2 in acrylic with a pin hitcha and drilled for lightsm most of the scratch built stuff is styrene or brass. Hope fully get better pics of soon..Thanks agaian for the reply!

JC
Old 10-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Post more pics of the stuff you've made it looks very well done!
execelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Started work on the front bumper..cut out area is for the winch and will be directly mounted to the chassis for stength...

Front bumper is done..finally! lol rebuilt the thing using Aluminum instead..wasnt happy with the acrylic..also made shackle mounts...

Shackles done and installed also fire extinguisher...coming along..lights are in the mail..lol

Got the Hi-Lift jack installed..the Extinguisher installed/exh stack,antenna and hose for the fuel tank.

Last edited by THX_138; 10-16-2012 at 01:41 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Very cool, love the Mogs
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Looking good mate, you've really got a talent for scale accessories. That little air compressor is cool as hell.
derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by derb View Post
Looking good mate, you've really got a talent for scale accessories. That little air compressor is cool as hell.
Thanks..much appreciated..I like to build stuff but not as nice as alot of what I see on the forumns..but in time I'll get better..just really enjoy it!

JC

Finally got lights today from RC4WD..basic set..no turns or brakes...I also made 2 light buckets from aluminum for the addition of more frt lights.

Last edited by THX_138; 10-16-2012 at 01:42 AM.

Military based Mog - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GC3 Based VS LOSI MRC Pro roller Based Nonsonic Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 11 04-02-2011 02:53 AM
emaxx based or tlt based tuber?? mike5721947 Newbie General 3 01-29-2006 12:29 PM