Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: More flex???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2019, 03:03 AM   #1

Default More flex???

Hi everyone. I recently just bought a cc01 hilux extra cab and I absolutely love the little thing, I’d just love to know how to get a little more flex out of it. I know there is the stroke extension link that tamiya makes but I was just wondering if there were any other mods people have done or if people have made diy extension links. Maybe? Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RCMOTION15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2019, 01:28 PM   #2

Default Re: More flex???

people mention the old way of doing it with bike chain links . I've looked into doing this as I'm a bit of a tight a**e and don't want to pay tamiyas prices but can't find a run through on Google. hopefully someone will read your question and show us how.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The_Italian_job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 08:05 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Are you talking about more suspension travel of more flex in the chassis? Because if it's the suspension, the stroke extension link will work but only effective in banking and crawling. The rear can be replaced with a longer set of dampers. As for the front, you will need to do some modifications on the chassis, suspension arms and c-hubs to add more travel but it is very minimal from stock because the stock suspension arms are too short. I've seen a few mods of changing to longer arms for more travel and makes the track base wider.

As for the chassis, there is too much flexing on the wall side of the steering servo which I need to stiffen. Will update my thread once it's done.

I have done a few mods on mine. You can check my thread here:
My late dad's CC01 re-build
Nicadraus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 01:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Italian_job View Post
people mention the old way of doing it with bike chain links . I've looked into doing this as I'm a bit of a tight a**e and don't want to pay tamiyas prices but can't find a run through on Google. hopefully someone will read your question and show us how.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah I have head a bit of talk about that. Hopefully someone can show us how

Old 05-02-2019, 01:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicadraus View Post
Are you talking about more suspension travel of more flex in the chassis? Because if it's the suspension, the stroke extension link will work but only effective in banking and crawling. The rear can be replaced with a longer set of dampers. As for the front, you will need to do some modifications on the chassis, suspension arms and c-hubs to add more travel but it is very minimal from stock because the stock suspension arms are too short. I've seen a few mods of changing to longer arms for more travel and makes the track base wider.

As for the chassis, there is too much flexing on the wall side of the steering servo which I need to stiffen. Will update my thread once it's done.

I have done a few mods on mine. You can check my thread here:
My late dad's CC01 re-build

Thanks I will certainly check that out. When I said flex I was referring to suspension travel not flex in chassis, I know about the stroke extension links I was just wondering if anyone had done something similar without the Tamiya part as I am on a bit of a budget and hoping to diy it as much as possible

Old 05-02-2019, 06:20 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I've done this so many ways, I've lost count. Most of my pics were lost with Photobucket, but have a few still scattered about.

Use the stock shocks and lay them down...

SCX10 rear shock hoops are an easy bolt on...probably the easiest way to do it. Need to lose the rear fenders though. Then bolt on 90-100 mm shocks.

Repurposed CR01 chassis parts as shock mounts. Use the stock lower mounts.

Interesting that my PB account was deleted long ago, yet these pics somehow are still hosted.... hmm...

Latest...not the greatest, but it works. Little bit of aluminum C channel and flat plate.... 84mm first gen TRF shocks. Not scale, but very smooth

Last edited by OSRC; 05-02-2019 at 06:22 AM.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:14 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
I've done this so many ways, I've lost count. Most of my pics were lost with Photobucket, but have a few still scattered about.

Use the stock shocks and lay them down...

SCX10 rear shock hoops are an easy bolt on...probably the easiest way to do it. Need to lose the rear fenders though. Then bolt on 90-100 mm shocks.

Repurposed CR01 chassis parts as shock mounts. Use the stock lower mounts.

Interesting that my PB account was deleted long ago, yet these pics somehow are still hosted.... hmm...

Latest...not the greatest, but it works. Little bit of aluminum C channel and flat plate.... 84mm first gen TRF shocks. Not scale, but very smooth
Nice ideas! Thanks for sharing this.
Nicadraus is offline   Reply With Quote

More flex??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to flex like this??? RootBreaker Axial AX-10 Scorpion 12 12-19-2012 08:42 PM
more flex? kingkong101184 RC4WD Trail Finder 2 26 06-19-2012 10:40 PM
Flex RCTRUX Axial SCX-10 48 04-27-2011 12:07 AM
Need more flex ElOriginal 1.9 Scale Rigs 6 07-29-2009 09:42 PM