Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Balls-2the-Wall Prerunner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Balls-2the-Wall Prerunner

Hey guys figured I would go ahead and post some pics. It's far from being done but I have to show someone and this will also keep me motivated on it. I have been wanting to build a prerunner out of a cc01 for a long time but never did. I sold my last cc01 power to the portals rig awhile back and my buddy Chris (benzoel) picked it up from this kid off Craigslist. He brought it over to show me the shape it was in and after talking to Chris he told me he had a cc01 chassis laying around that was perfect for this project. So after some trading I got it home and couldn't resist on getting the front end wider. I plan on going through this whole rig and replace Alot of the parts.

The arms I hand made out Hast-X plate then Tig welded some tube to the ends and drilled them out to run plastic internal bushings.

Only the pas side extended

It now sits at 10"wide up front

Well that's how it sits as of now and will be for awhile till after I move and finish my Tf2 build. I plan on running a honcho cab and bed sides and possible a tube rear end with custom lower trophy truck style link bars. Wanna get a new tub and I'll probably end up getting a aluminum bottom skid plate for the lower arms to bolt too for extra strength and possibly cut it up and modify it so it gives the front arms some angle rather then being parallel with the ground. Thinking it will help it take bumps a bit better at high brushless speeds.

Watch guys think?
balln is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Balls-2the-Wall Prerunner

Subscribed...

I like it, was lookimg at the front of mine and was thinking it would make a great prerunner.
Watching for sure.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:28 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Awesome! I used some TL01B arms to widen mine out, but those look far better! Think we're working on the same projects, lol.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
Oppan Gangnam Style

Nice job on the arms, looks great! I'm sure it will be bad ass when you get it done.

I predict alot of broken plastic... but please don't let that stop you!
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
Subscribed...

I like it, was lookimg at the front of mine and was thinking it would make a great prerunner.
Watching for sure.
Thanks man. Yeah I miss my 4x4 slash I built and I built a full chassis for it to tun a solid axle but ended up selling it. This to me is a perfect platform to start with. Can't wait to get it rolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Awesome! I used some TL01B arms to widen mine out, but those look far better! Think we're working on the same projects, lol.
Post some pics up in here I'm curious to see yours with those arms. How wide did it make it? The arms I built are 1" longer then stock and I dropped the chassis mount side down to help give it a little lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino63 View Post
Nice job on the arms, looks great! I'm sure it will be bad ass when you get it done.

I predict alot of broken plastic... but please don't let that stop you!
Thanks man Yeah Im pretty sure it will end up breaking something the first couple jumps and rolls. I was thinking I might leave the bottom skid plastic so it does have a weak spot to break at. I'm afraid if it's to bullet proof I'll end up breaking my tub. We will see I plan on giving this little truck hell and would be very pleased if it held up like my slash that was wicked fast.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by balln View Post
Post some pics up in here I'm curious to see yours with those arms. How wide did it make it? The arms I built are 1" longer then stock and I dropped the chassis mount side down to help give it a little lift.
Only one I have, this has been sitting for well over a year, but it's next on the list. Keep an eye out for a build thread shortly...about an inch each side is about what these came to, maybe a little more (those are 2.2's on there). Fits under a slash size body, that's all I remember.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Hell Yeah that looks good. Those tires are big and I can't really tell but there both about the same lengths. Mine looks wider but I think it's due to narrower wheels. I'll def keep a eye out. I wanna see more pics of those arms.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Just put it up in the CC01Fest thread. It's about 9" from the face of the hexes. But they don't look nearly as cool. Glad to see someone else mutating a CC chassis.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Just seen that gonna go check it out. Yeah I'm all about these cc01's and cutting them up. Check out the last few pages of my last cc01 I cut up.

Power To The Portal (Makeover)
Old 04-30-2013, 07:44 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Very familiar with the portal build - nice work all around!

Balls-2the-Wall Prerunner - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nappy Ice Friday night balls to the wall EeePee bash braceysdad Chit Chat 205 07-12-2009 09:23 AM
Balls drzjohn General Crawlers 28 01-29-2007 03:04 PM
prerunner rc littlezuki Chit Chat 4 10-30-2006 08:05 PM