Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: TeeYota FJC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2015, 05:36 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: TeeYota FJC

Not a fj fan but awesome job hard to take my eyes off of your truck might have to find one the hardbodys for the wifes cc01 wrangler
scalemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2016, 05:08 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Location: Long Island-Land of one batch of rocks in Sag Harbor and at least one fellow crawler

OK since I'm done with my FJ40 build, I wanted to do a rebuild of this one. It needs a full cleaning and I want slightly taller tires for a little more clearance. Maybe some tall skinny pizza cutter tires. GRU to be installed and a solid rear bumper with swing out as well.

eddievedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:45 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Location: Long Island-Land of one batch of rocks in Sag Harbor and at least one fellow crawler

I started the teardown today.

I thoroughly cleaned it up and repainted a few bits and goodies.

I painted these wheels that I had flat black. I like the "Trail Teams" look to them.

New front bumper.New rear bumper. New tall skinny tires. New wheels.

This goes in as soon as the new motor shows up.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:50 AM   #44
Pebble Pounder

Looks great, love the bumpers
Yonzariq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 02:25 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonzariq View Post
Looks great, love the bumpers
Thank you, they definitely fit the look/feel of this rig.

Lids off and doing work!

Ok so my "stubby" motor showed up. A vintage Tamiya motor! Its pretty sweet. I shouldn't have to make much modifications to fit it plus the GRU. GRU is 4:1

Clear glass and interior bits seen in the back ground will be installed soon too!

Old 03-20-2016, 05:06 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Fits like a glove!

A nice cold test run. The 4:1 GRU gives the CC01 a really nice crawl-ability and it still maintains some wheel speed with the Acto motor. It definitely has some great torque. Now I need to think about an esc with a better drag brake.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:08 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Default **help**

I need some HELP here with this GPM ball bearing steering. Does anyone else have issue with slippage? It is confusing because of the way it is notched, it doesn't seem like it would slip but it definitely does.

Any suggestions on correcting?

Has any bought the $70 steering set up from Square RC? Any better?

Last edited by eddievedder; 03-20-2016 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:22 AM   #48
RCC Addict

Nice looking FJ there, I like that stubby motor with the GRU idea a lot!
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:24 AM   #49
RCC Addict

Default Re: **help**

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievedder View Post
I need some HELP here with this GPM ball bearing steering. Does anyone else have issue with slippage? It is confusing because of the way it is notched, it doesn't seem like it would slip but it definitely does.

Any suggestions on correcting?

Has any bought the $70 steering set up from Square RC? Any better?
Maybe the notched rounded out somehow, I noticed it is not a real tight fit when I did my GPM steering. I haven't run it much yet to experience any issues yet. Another alternative is the Hot Racing steering setup, it is a little different and uses bigger bearings. I have one of those as well, just haven't installed it yet in my other rig.

Hot Racing Tamiya CC-01 Truck RC Car upgrades and Hop-ups
Old 04-19-2016, 01:20 PM   #50
Rock Stacker

Default Re: TeeYota FJC Trail Teams Edition Army Green

Wicked build man, looks amazing. Did you build those bumpers for it?
P3NGU1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:02 PM   #51
Pebble Pounder

On the GPM steering....I finally noticed a little slippage also....The flats are slightly less flat than they should be.

I can slip the joint if I manually push on the linkage, but in normal use, it is not slipping (loctite in joint probably helped it).

I am going to try a star washer in there. The sharp edges should bite on the aluminum and hold it in place.... I don;t have a 3mm washer on hand, so I'll report after I get some...

I was thinking about some sort of shim, but can;t seem to find what i think might work.....Doesn't seem to be enough material to pin it either.

I figure one end can be a "permanent" fix, only one end needs to be disassembled to take apart...looking at that angle too.
Chumley54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:13 AM   #52
RCC Addict

I have the GPM steering on my wrangler build and I can definitely see that it is going to be a problem down the road, the notch is not big enough and it has play in it. I also thought about maybe pinning it somehow.

I put the Hot Racing setup on my silver Unimog and it is a much better design. Yeah it costs more, but IMHO, it is much better and worth the price to not have to go back and fix it again. I've thoroughly tested the silver Mog on some serious course and rock and the steering is still as tight as it was when I installed it.
Old 04-20-2016, 05:19 AM   #53
RCC Addict

Eddivedder, what are you painting your chassis with? I like that idea, very cool.

I've been out to Sag Harbor before, Greenport too on my boat, it's really nice out there. (I'm originally from CT)
Old 02-06-2020, 10:47 PM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMM View Post
Eddivedder, what are you painting your chassis with? I like that idea, very cool.

I've been out to Sag Harbor before, Greenport too on my boat, it's really nice out there. (I'm originally from CT)

I used the matching paint for the body. I’ve done two CC01 chassis and never again. It’s a pain. Next time you’re in sag harbor, reach out to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2020, 10:53 PM   #55
RCC Addict

Fine tuning this old horse

It’s heavy. It’s IFS. Is a CC01. But it’s Tamiya strong and geared for some fun crawl control. This thing is a blast. Most capable CC01 I’ve ever toyed with.

Old 02-07-2020, 07:09 AM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Great looking build and don’t see too many folks running the SDIs any more. Love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SFC K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 10:34 AM   #57
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC K View Post
Great looking build and don’t see too many folks running the SDIs any more. Love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. Honestly I love the old school stuff. The SDI Trail Docs super soft are a great self cleaning mud tire. The compound isn’t nearly as “sticky” as what’s around today but I love the tall skinny look.

Old 05-24-2020, 03:26 PM   #58
RCC Addict

The locked and loaded FJ CC01 took a spin on the backyard course version 2.0.

This this is so surprisingly capable.

Old 05-25-2020, 04:45 AM   #59

Looks great! What spring/shock set you have there?

I just installed Tamiya barrel spring set with my CC-01, it is much better. However, I noticed that these stock dampers could have been a bit longer, as there was a little more suspension travel when I took the shock off.
barnettgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 10:58 AM   #60
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettgs View Post
Looks great! What spring/shock set you have there?

I just installed Tamiya barrel spring set with my CC-01, it is much better. However, I noticed that these stock dampers could have been a bit longer, as there was a little more suspension travel when I took the shock off.

Those are RC Channel shocks for the CC01 with vintage tamiya medium yellow rear buggy springs. It’s a great combo.

TeeYota FJC - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fjc bikerpyro 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 03-03-2012 12:17 AM
who makes the best fjc body havik Paint and Body 8 12-23-2008 02:35 PM
FJC or Taco Blind4454 Paint and Body 3 09-03-2007 12:43 PM
Another FJC body I havent seen on here yet RTrac1 Paint and Body 21 09-02-2007 02:48 PM
New CC-01 project...Oh yea, it's not an FJC! its%*&#*%!brokenagain 1.9 Scale Rigs 12 02-07-2007 11:29 AM