Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Clod body on CC01

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2014, 11:13 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Clod body on CC01

I am saving my fj for shelf queen duty and I am going to use a spare Clod body instead. The only issue I have is the the wheelbase doesn't quite line up. The wheelbases match perfectly when I sit the truck into the body upside down but when mounted on the top side correctly the wheelbase is off by about 1/8" to 1/4" on the short side. I am a little stumped on what to do. The way that the lower 4-link and shocks are mounted prevents me from switching to a shorter link and with how the driveshafts are made I don't know if that's even possible. Any recommendations on what I can do?
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2014, 11:24 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Clod body on CC01

Convert the rear to a traditional 4 link. If you search the cc01 section its very common. You can change your rear driveshaft to suit the new wheelbase.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Clod body on CC01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderwood View Post
Convert the rear to a traditional 4 link. If you search the cc01 section its very common. You can change your rear driveshaft to suit the new wheelbase.
I've been looking at some build threads on here and I think that I will build my own brackets to mount the shocks and switch over to a traditional 4-link. I have the parts to make the links but I just need to make the brackets. I trimmed the clod body a little around the fenders to clear the diameter of the tires and it seems to line up a little better now. The next project is going to be my first attempt at styrene body work. I need to fill the factory body mount holes and build a hood scoop to cover the spot left by the blower. I like the 1371 looking blower but for this project it just doesn't fit the theme. I am also going to switch over to a set of Traxxas slider shafts so that I can run different wheelbase bodies in the future.
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Clod body on CC01 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cc01 body Scx10guy Tamiya XC/CC01 2 06-19-2011 12:31 AM
cc01 with honcho body ol puddin head Tamiya XC/CC01 3 03-05-2011 09:00 AM