Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Running a CC-01 on loose sand.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2016, 01:55 PM   #1

Default Running a CC-01 on loose sand.

Hey guys, in a previous post I'd mentioned that I'd be running the car on hard packed sand and gravel. Turns out, the sand near my apartment isn't as hard packed as I thought at all. It's loose and fine. I took it out for 2 or so minutes once before a screw got loose in the rear suspension, so I just did that up and cleaned the car from any visible sand. Second run, 10 minutes long. It's an absolute blast and I love this thing even on stock tires. I take it home, much thorougher clean. I took a brush and got in all the tight places, but when I started moving the parts, like the open front diff (I should lock it) I could hear a grinding noise, obviously sand got somewhere in there. The steering system seems to be also somewhat messed with, spinning the ball joint connectors is sounding like sandpaper (literally). One of the rear shocks also hisses more than the other, which sounds a little bit like sand. The rear diff also hisses when I turn it which means there's sand in there too. Have I really screwed my car over? Sorry for the long post, I'm an RC newbie.
Kertana is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2016, 03:06 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Running a CC-01 on loose sand.

Get an air compressor to blow everything off good before you take it apart. Sand gets in a lot of little places. I would take it apart. It doesn't take much to take CC01s apart. Then blow everything off with some brake cleaner then air again. Get all the old grease out. It will hold tiny bits of sand. Reassemble with good grease and see how things sound. I would either rebuild the shocks too or at least spray some WD40 or similar lube on the shafts...
Nappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:08 AM   #3

Default Re: Running a CC-01 on loose sand.

I wouldn't do all that just for some sand. I run mine hard and put away wet all the time.
rhowe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cc01, sand

Running a CC-01 on loose sand. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newb with Sand Scorcher finally running, slight meltdown wrekd Non Crawler RC's 4 09-25-2015 01:53 PM
RC4WD 1.9 Sand Paddles and Front sand tires in stock RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 1 05-20-2013 01:11 PM
Bright Idea for running in sand or dust... Olliew89 Tamiya XC/CC01 0 10-14-2011 07:41 AM
anyone running their scx10 on the sand? eyeopenher Axial SCX-10 8 12-16-2010 03:56 PM