Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: New to the hobby with cc01

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2016, 09:47 AM   #1

Default New to the hobby with cc01

Hi guys

like the title says i'm new to the hobby of rc crawling/scaling.
Well not really couple of years ago I had a HPI Bullit nitro car, it was a blast to have but I struggled with the settings on the nitro engine and I was going to fast for my liking, and I ended up breaking parts all the time which was a problem for me because no one around carried spares for that car.
I live in Iceland there is only one rc hobby store in the country and they only have HPI Savage and one or two Maverik/Schumacker cars in stock at any give time.

anyway back to this date, I've been looking for a long time for a new rig that isn't as fast and as I mentioned above I would always need to import what ever I buy.
I narrowed what I wanted down to Vaterra ascender, Axial scx10 and the Tamiya cc01 (because of the Pajero body basically)

I picked the cc01 mainly because its the cheapest one and I wanted to go for the cheap one as a starter to see if I liked it.
so I got a Pajero Rally version of the car (was the cheapest one) and a starter pack with a remote, battery, charger and servo. I ordered it from modelsport.co.uk on a Sunday morning and it arrived to me on Wednesday would have gotten it on Tuesday if I had payed the import tax early enough that morning.
as well as the car I got a metal ball bearing set from UK. from Asiatees I got a 4 link suspension and steering upgrade from GPM. What they fail to mention is that if you have short wheelbase you need a damper mount as well to be able to use the 4 link upgrade.
So when I installed the parts I found that out and I ordered some GPM damper mounts and got aluminum body mounts for rear and the links for the steering kit as well.

All of those parts are now in the car and I like how they look. I just finished installing them.

I made up some aluminum skid plates for the middle of the car and I replaced the huge plastic front bumper with an aluminum skid plate/bumper I made as well inspired by the Junfac front skid plate.

Next I want to get some new tires as the stock ones are quite hard and don't grip very well, I have worry that the suspension is to stiff, maybe I need to add some weight to the rear of the truck, but I have yet to try it out after I replaced the links.

and I want a metaltop Pajero body so that I can make the truck look like the 1/1 Pajero that I had few years back

Last edited by Atliagnars; 08-14-2016 at 04:59 PM.
Atliagnars is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2016, 05:00 PM   #2

Default Re: New to the hobby with cc01

I made a short video of my 1st actual run on a mountain trail

https://youtu.be/SufcLiPFAmA
Atliagnars is offline   Reply With Quote

New to the hobby with cc01 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Worst hobby shop in town! Franks Hobby hell hole bolibruch1 Arizona 26 10-07-2014 06:46 PM
Back into Hobby with a CC01 Land Cruiser...HELP! jongrill Tamiya XC/CC01 8 05-26-2012 10:16 AM