Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Wheel shaking - PLEASE HELP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2018, 02:22 AM   #1

Default Wheel shaking - PLEASE HELP

Hello everyone,

I have a really frustrating problem with my Tamiya CC01 Pajero and I need some advice.
I upgraded some parts in the front suspension last week and noticed a raelly bad front wheels shaking/wobbling, when the car is up in the air. It is also noticable when the car is on the ground but is way worse, when lifted up... not always but sometimes the wheels shake like a hammer.

I changed stock setup to GPM front C-hubs and knuckles. Also changed to GPM CVDs, but yesterday I threw that away and put the Tamiya CVDs in.
The hexes are 4mm aluminium hexes but that seems to be al right.
The wheels are aluminium so they are a bit heavier than stock. But I tried it putting the stock wheels on and the problem remained.

Yesterday I pulled the transmission apart and nothing seems to be wrong. Im quite sure, that this is coming from the front diffs but nothing seems to be wrong with it. I run it with open front diffs.

The problem feels like that the front diffs are fighting with themselves but nothing seems to be wrong in the diff.

When I take the tires off, the running is smooth and no shaking, only when the wheels are on. Bearings are all right too...

Has anybody had this problem before? I have no more idea to solve it... Im really upset.
Should I just leave it this way and run it like this?
TDanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2018, 05:14 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Wheel shaking - PLEASE HELP

Try using plastic hexes instead of the aluminum ones. Aluminum on aluminum don’t always work well with each other.
SFC K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:57 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Hard to say without video. This is one of those problems that's very hard to diagnose from afar.

Which way are they shaking? Are they stuttering while rotating (would indicate driveline binding somewhere) or wobbling back and forth laterally (Would be an issue with steering)

One of the common issues with the CC01 is if the screws that hold the diff together are not fully tight, they will grind on the inside of the chassis. But since you indicated it happened after swapping in the suspension, that would imply that it's something in the suspension itself. Are the bearings seated correctly? The inner knuckle bearing is tricky to seat sometimes.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 02:04 AM   #4

I gave up solving this problem...

- Transmission is OK (gears, pinion, etc...)
- Diff is OK. (I tryed closing it but the shaking remained)
- Hexes are OK. (I tried with the factory plastic hexes but the problem remained)
- Wheels are OK. I tried it with a lots of other wheels....
- CVDs are OK
- Bearings are OK

I took it to parts and put it back togeather a million times in the past few days and Im fed up with it. It stays the way it is for now.

My guess is that it has something to do with the sloopy suspension parts but I dont care for now...
It really dont effect running...
TDanny is offline   Reply With Quote

Wheel shaking - PLEASE HELP - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
drive shaft shaking cyilmaz Axial SCX-10 10 03-10-2015 06:12 PM
Steering Wobble, shaking? Longero13 Axial Wraith 22 04-08-2012 12:30 AM
Hitec 7950 Shaking Violently! Tommy R Electronics 9 05-10-2011 02:27 PM