Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Level 1 Belt Drive Reduction Unit for CC01(with .stl files sharing link)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2019, 05:28 AM   #1

Default Level 1 Belt Drive Reduction Unit for CC01(with .stl files sharing link)

//----------------2019-10-09 Found a big problem...----------------
I'm so sorry that I just found a big problem to my belt drive GRU:
I set the bearing holes to 10.8mm, which is slightly smaller than the bearing(11.0mm in diameter),so that the bearings can be tight fit to the printed parts, and this design worked okay with HP MJF nylon.

However, when I tried SLS nylon for my GRU recently, I found the 10.8mm bearing holes are too narrow for 1150 bearings, there's no way to install them.

I'm so sorry for this careless mistake, and I'll try to fix it as soon as possible...
//--------------2019-10-09 Found a big problem...----------------

The OneDrive sharing link:
//--------------------------------------------------------//
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqdwteuJVzvUiFkAXgd2ExtZ4nuq

This gear reduction unit contains two pieces of 3D print parts:

This unit is installed to my CC01 chassis:
Build a crawler type CC01 using 3D print parts

ATTENTION:
1. This unit is designed by me, but I don't own a 3D printer---I ordered the parts to an Internet 3D print factory, they produced the parts in goog quality. But I don't know what would turn out if they were printed elsewhere, even they all simple shaped parts.

2.The Part-A is a part which directly contact to the motor---Consider that the motor could be very hot(50~60 degree when climbing a long, tough trail, I believe), I chose nylon to print them, in case the heat of the motor could make SLA resin deform and ruin the unit. Personally I would recommend SLS or MJF nylon.

3. To install this unit to a CC01 chassis, you'll need some 2GT(or GT2) type belt drive parts, two ball bearings, and a 5mm steel shaft. Additionally, a pinion gear with 5mm bore to fit the shaft.

Here's the detail:

Last edited by ShouryLiu; 10-09-2019 at 06:02 AM.
ShouryLiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2019, 05:36 AM   #2

Default Re: Level 1 Belt Drive Reduction Unit for CC01(with .stl files sharing link)

More discription will be done, but I'm a little busy right now...so let me finish this thread later...
Old 10-06-2019, 08:56 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Level 1 Belt Drive Reduction Unit for CC01(with .stl files sharing link)

I'm intrigued. I am having difficulty picturing it installed though. Can't wait to see your project completed.

What kind of ratio does this offer? Can you adjust it by pulley size?
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:41 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Pictures are in the build thread linked in the first post (2nd post) Build a crawler type CC01 using 3D print parts

Thanks for sharing your designs Shouryliu

I would guess that changing pulley sizes should be possible, so long as you can find a belt that fits and theres physically the space for it.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
I'm intrigued. I am having difficulty picturing it installed though. Can't wait to see your project completed.

What kind of ratio does this offer? Can you adjust it by pulley size?
It can provide a reduction ratio of 2.5 with 16t/40t pulley and 140mm belt (all in 2GT type), but due to the 5mm shaft I use, the pinion must be 20t (16t pinion is too small to fit a 5mm shaft), so the final ratio would be 2.5×11.73=29.3, the truck can be quite slow down.
If use a combination of 16t/30t pulley, the final ratio would be 22, also a good choice I believe.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Pictures are in the build thread linked in the first post (2nd post) Build a crawler type CC01 using 3D print parts

Thanks for sharing your designs Shouryliu

I would guess that changing pulley sizes should be possible, so long as you can find a belt that fits and theres physically the space for it.
I'm glad your like this design! and thank you for viewing my thread!
I just found the bearing hole diameter I set in my .stl file may not suitable for SLS nylon, hope this mistake didn't waste your time and money...
Yes it is free to use different size of pulley in this unit, but it may take several tries to find the right length of belt

Level 1 Belt Drive Reduction Unit for CC01(with .stl files sharing link) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for old GamyRC STL files, for losi/sumo/rocksta etc.. R3DRumG33k Micro Scale Rigs 7 01-24-2019 09:52 AM
Belt Drive monkeyracing Axial SCX-10 22 08-06-2017 11:42 PM
3D printed body STL files? raybies_AU Paint and Body 3 07-27-2017 05:42 PM
CAD Files (DWG, DXF, STL, IGES, VDA, VRML) BARK General Crawlers 23 12-24-2010 07:23 PM