RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tamiya XC/CC01 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-xc-cc01/)
-   -   Planning a CC-01 build ... looking for some tips and ideas (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-xc-cc01/612706-planning-cc-01-build-looking-some-tips-ideas.html)

usert_l 10-25-2019 01:01 PM

Planning a CC-01 build ... looking for some tips and ideas

Hello,
I'm planning to get several upgrades for the CC-01 as I start building the kit. One of them is the Tamiya aluminum oil damper set. I think you can use the kit springs on these shocks but I want to know what other springs I could also use. I prefer the springs to be black for added realism so I don't want to use the Tamiya barrel springs ... do any brands out there make black springs that could work with the Tamiya shocks?

The_Italian_job 10-26-2019 10:38 AM

Re: Planning a CC-01 build ... looking for some tips and ideas

cant help with the shocks but a must is a steering upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

usert_l 10-26-2019 01:40 PM

Cool I'll keep that in mind about the steering. I hadn't thought about painting the springs. I'm afraid that the paint might get chipped or flaked off after some driving. Maybe I'll stop by my local hobby shop some times later and check out what they have.

SFC K 11-04-2019 04:55 AM

Agreed on steering, Another must have is bearings to replace the stock plastic bushings. The rest I just upgrade as I go. Tamiya CVDs are a nice upgrade as well with a few mods to the C's and C holders to get more steering. Rear four link in the rear as well too, and don't forget the removal of the front block. "thumbsup"

usert_l 11-05-2019 11:45 PM

I got the Tamiya CVDs and a set of rubber sealed bearings is on the way. Sadly it looks like my local hobby shop is closed down now so didn't get a chance to check out any springs.

I think I'm just going to use the stock kit springs. And paint it with Lexan paint because it's supposed to be flexible paint.

Steve Hipsley 11-11-2019 01:52 PM

The Hot Racing steering upgrade works great and holds up. That is my number one upgrade suggestion, followed by cvds.

Paul97 12-04-2019 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFC K (Post 5974882)
Agreed on steering, Another must have is bearings to replace the stock plastic bushings. The rest I just upgrade as I go. Tamiya CVDs are a nice upgrade as well with a few mods to the C's and C holders to get more steering. Rear four link in the rear as well too, and don't forget the removal of the front block. "thumbsup"

Could you please explain the "removal of the front block"?

OSRC 12-04-2019 06:32 AM

Do a search for CC01 brick removal. Probably 100 threads on it. First one that came up:

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/ind...brick-removed/

usert_l 12-13-2019 08:22 AM

Bearings

Has anyone ever experienced a failure with the 5x8mm bearings? I think 3 of them are used in the CC-01kit. Compared to other bearings in the kit like the 5x11mm, these 5x8's look much thinner and more fragile?. So my concern is do these 5x8's hold up OK?

SFC K 12-14-2019 06:32 AM

I have not had any issues with bearings in these rigs. 5x8s will be just fine. If you run in water or mud, it makes a big difference if you blow out the chassis with air or compressed air. I like to use WD40 before putting them back on the shelf.

OSRC 12-14-2019 06:39 AM

Been running CC01's for more years then I want to count - never had a single problem with the 5x8 bearings.