Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: New to me CC-01 Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2019, 04:46 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default New to me CC-01 Help

I picked up a CC01 for $120 on ebay with no wheels/tires, or body. It has a lot of upgrade parts on it and came with a bunch more but it looks like it was not run much. The rear wheels wouldnt turn but I thought it just that I didnt have wheels on it and I couldnt get a good grip on the hexes. I pulled the motor and noticed that parts Tamiya calls G2 "gears" (they are plastic bushings) were missing and I found them on the parts tree and installed them. Still no luck the spur gear was bound up I think because of this bump in the housing caused by a screw that was too long being put in on the skid plate. Before I take it out I would like to know if it belongs there (picture 1). The truck came with steel front and center skid plates that were not installed, maybe he tried to put them on and the screw pushed into the housing? The second issue is that with the steering at neutral and the links even, the left hub does not align with the right (picture 2). Is that normally just adjusted out with the steering link? I think he may have just given up on it, the rear axle housing had a few stripped screws and the wrong screws were used in many places on the truck. Finally picture 3, There is very little travel in the front end and I wonder if the upgrade shocks he installed might be too long for the front? Sorry for the long ramble and thanks if you read this far and for any help!
Attached Images

clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2019, 05:48 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default New to me CC-01 Help

For picture 1, that should be a 3x10mm screw. Take it out and check length. It should lock through like that. While it’s apart! You should order bearings and replace all the stock bushings.

For picture 2, just adjust your rod ends out on the one side to be even with the other. Check to make sure the link is in the same position on the steer tie rod in the middle. It looks like you have some hop up steering rack installed.

For number 3, the shocks are too long. The arms can only travel down so far with no modifications.

Other than that, I would disassemble the whole truck and check for proper hardware and other odd things. Sounds like you got a good deal, just a couple things that can cause problems. From the looks of it, it has some nice parts thrown at it too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by SFC K; 12-30-2019 at 06:50 PM.
SFC K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 07:09 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Re: New to me CC-01 Help

Thanks Jeff, I have it turning smoothly now. The truck actually has full bearings, the parts he forgot to put in were thin hard plastic shim caps. I think the truck has everything hopped up except the front lower arms for some reason. Even came with a Savox sw0231mg servo and the stock Tamiya motor and esc, never used. The motor that was in it is a rc4wd 65 turn. Is that a good motor for this rig? Thanks again!
Old 12-31-2019, 03:46 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
Thanks Jeff, I have it turning smoothly now. The truck actually has full bearings, the parts he forgot to put in were thin hard plastic shim caps. I think the truck has everything hopped up except the front lower arms for some reason. Even came with a Savox sw0231mg servo and the stock Tamiya motor and esc, never used. The motor that was in it is a rc4wd 65 turn. Is that a good motor for this rig? Thanks again!
A really good buy with all those parts and add-ons for sure! I like using a 55t motor as it has good torque and wheel speed when you need it. I don't think the 65t will be to far off from that. I'd just run it and see how you like it.

What body and wheels do you have planned for it?
SFC K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 05:34 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

I got the Bronco body for Christmas so Im going with that. Not sure about wheels and tires but I like the 1.55 Gear Head aluminum slot wheels. Need to figure out a battery as well.
Old 01-17-2020, 05:55 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I am in the same boat:

Got a incredible deal on one and looking for ideas
Car has a brushless ...not sure I want to keep it :/ ..anyhow some geometry stuff has to be done to make it a nice crawler .

https://www.directupload.net/file/d/...8g9fdp_jpg.htm
https://www.directupload.net/file/d/...srfphl_jpg.htm
https://www.directupload.net/file/d/...cwkpal_jpg.htm

Last edited by themountain; 01-17-2020 at 06:00 AM.
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote