Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: My stock jeep

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 04:31 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default My stock jeep

well i have had this for about 2 months but havent had it running until this week. i took it out yesterday to see what it could do and wow. this thing is freaking awesome. everyone thought it was dumb tell they actually watched it go. now there all getting them. here are the specs

Tamiya jeep cc01
hitec 645 servo
tekin fxr
tekin 45t motor
2100 3s lipo

Now i really wanna work on this thing and make it better. so if anyone has any ideas of what i should do to upgrade it or anything i should change that would be awesome i want all the help i can get.

webster420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2009, 07:52 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Just run a search for mods in the search box. Lot of information here. Nice Jeep btw.
FuriousCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:11 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

hey thanks. ya i have done some searching and now im just trying to decide what to do next with it. last night i cut down the front bumper and cut some other spots that it was hanging up on. now im going to repaint it. it took one hell of a beating the other night. i never thought i would like scale stuff so much haha.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Looks good man, I have been thinking of getting a scaler as well. I just dont know if I would like it lol
atekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:03 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by atekt View Post
Looks good man, I have been thinking of getting a scaler as well. I just dont know if I would like it lol
Bro, do not hesitate to buy one of these freakin awesom little trucks, I have been cralwing for nearly 3yrs now and my best friend VIPXJ has been as well and we had a mini GTG on the weekend. I had my Isuzu Mu CC01 and he had his Jeep Wrangler/Liberty CC01 and we were like little kids grinning from ear to ear because of the fun we were having with these little rigs !They may look small and incapable of anything but they will go just about anywhere you point em. I have comp crawlers, hiluxs, tundras but I will always grab my CC01 1st.

WEBSTER420.... Jeep looks awesom bro, freakin fun little rigs now arnt they lol. I think after our weekend GTG we hooked another member on to them as well lmao.
The mods you need to do are very easy and your looking at probably 2 hrs max downtime to do them. You think its great in stock form its insane in modified
SMUDGEBUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:50 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

One thing I found and so did VIPXJ on the weekend was the screws that hold the lower shock mounts into the A-Arms keep working themself loose, I but a spacer in the shock and threaded longer M3 screws into it and they havent budged at all. The hole goes right through the A-Arms. Another easy mod is instead of putting the screws supplied into the gear case use a longer bolt and nut underneath....again the holes go right through, my chassis was 2nd hand and the holes were a little loose and the casing wouldnt stay down as the screws worked loose with vibration and the gears would start to chatter as they had a little more movement. Now I have no problems
SMUDGEBUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

hey thanks guys. ya when i first built this thing i was a little afraid i wasnt going to like it and it wouldnt go anywhere. man was i wrong. i had my cc01 out and my buddy had one of his comp trucks out and he couldnt believe this thing. his is on order now. thanks for the tips. i have a 55t motor on the way and i hope that slows it down a little more. i chopped up the front end and loctited everything on the truck. now im just working on repainting it. Next i want to get new tires for some 1.9 beadlocks i already have. Man i love playing with this thing. Tomorrow were soppose to go out and wheel so i will take my camera and get some trail photos. i wanna build another one of these with solid axles. i was going to do it to this rig at first but i want to leave this one with ifs. im hooked now on these. i might end up with a bunch more at the rate im going. so if anyone has any more must have mods for these let me know. i need to get rid of the rear plastic links and get some aluminum ones on it and remount the shocks.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:35 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by atekt View Post
just do it. you wont regret it at all. i love all the little detailing and scale stuff they make. thats half of the fun. then you can bring it down here in october to the comp
Old 08-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #9
RCC Addict

They a certianly a kool little truck , very capable with a few mods . Like what smudgebug said , replace the lower shock screws with longer screws helps , my rear screws pulled out and mine is a new kit . All im going to do to mine is tires and change the rear links, ive done the front cut allready.
vipxj is offline   Reply With Quote