Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: broke a cvd already

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 05:34 PM   #21
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Montess View Post
you wanted it to be out quickly, but now you're wishing they had waited to make it better? which is it?
I'm-:?....I thought that's what the long wait was all about....getting all the kinks out before release:-P
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikcaffine View Post
My slipper was like that, I tightened it up because it got frustrating that it couldn't even climb up a wall.
when you cranked down that slipper did the trans sound any louder, like grinding?
latentimage74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Oh I completly agree, I knew that there would be potential issues, but honestly I wanted it first!!! Im going to pick up some shrink wrap and wrap the CVD pins (old 1/10th racing trick ) which will prevent them from being ejected.
that's an awesome trick! I would've never thought of heat-shrink for CVD pins.
Del Montess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:04 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark8ngel View Post
Nice to see the losi out, still waiting on mine.

It seems to be plagued by the same intial issues the creeper was getting bashed about when it was first released..lol

No loctite, pins falling out, leaky shocks, cvd's breaking...and this is just from the few that post on here, not counting the thousands that have shipped world wide and the owners dont post here.

I got lucky and got a creepr from a later batch, no issues...so I hope my losi is not from one of the first batches when it arrives..fingers crossed.
did you just compare the losi to the creeper?:-P
Old 05-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentimage74 View Post
when you cranked down that slipper did the trans sound any louder, like grinding?

I think, im going to rip it apart tonight or tomorrow and take a look at whats going on in there.
kikcaffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:07 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

sounds like the 'cookie monster'. . .
APESHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:09 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
that's an awesome trick! I would've never thought of heat-shrink for CVD pins.
It's been in RCCA and was even suggested for CVD's on the LST. .
Old 05-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
wow that sucks. im really starting to regret preordering a first batch truck....
i don't care what breaks or does not work, the high level of customer service we are getting makes it worth going through a couple of rough patches to have a bad ass rig!
Old 05-30-2009, 06:34 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I think, im going to rip it apart tonight or tomorrow and take a look at whats going on in there.
Now that sounds like a pretty good way to get to know the machine better and look things over a bit.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:42 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Now that sounds like a pretty good way to get to know the machine better and look things over a bit.
Yup, and why I will do that before it ever hits the rocks. I tend to break a lot of stuff on EVERYTHING I own, so I want to know how to fix it ASAP, and also why I am placing a rush parts order so when my LHS gets them in I will have spares.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:24 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
less than 10 minutes of driving and a cvd shaft snapped in half. not the pin but the actual shaft. not happy to say the least. rich can you do anything about this?

Yup! same thing happend to me. First 5 for me...
DiEzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:29 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

You guys may not want to crank the steering all the way to the max, steering arm touching the "C" hub as this MAY be the cause. The BJ4WE that i run in off-road was doing the same thing until i back the EPA back a click or two.
Speedracer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:32 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by APESHAT View Post
It's been in RCCA and was even suggested for CVD's on the LST. .
I only read RCCA when I know that there's crawling in it.
And I had to ask Jake what an LST was, haha. I only know crawling. I'm trying to learn racing stuff, I had a T4 until I broke the crap out of it and Jake's dad took it back, lol.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:48 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Im going to pick up some shrink wrap and wrap the CVD pins (old 1/10th racing trick ) which will prevent them from being ejected.
Some may remember, most probably won't....... but when the CVD's first came out for the TLT's, the pins coming out was a big problem. Heat shrinking the cvd bell was one of the first thing I did to them!! I would also highly recommend it to any one that is having issues with this truck as well. Even if its not needed, its extra insurance!!
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #35
Keep it real

Quote:
I had a T4 until I broke the crap out of it and Jake's dad took it back, lol.
What a meaner, you should go steal the F-toy to make up for it
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:02 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
What a meaner, you should go steal the F-toy to make up for it
haha, I've been trying.
they think I'm driving it for fun, I'm really practicing for my getaway
Old 05-30-2009, 10:37 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I only read RCCA when I know that there's crawling in it.
And I had to ask Jake what an LST was, haha. I only know crawling. I'm trying to learn racing stuff, I had a T4 until I broke the crap out of it and Jake's dad took it back, lol.
I understand on the magazine- it's resourceful still! Yes Everythings here except the Print. . .I'm Jealous and Elated for You and Jake for being so involved in the production/design/distribution of the LOSI comp crawler- It's an HONOR.
Thanks for the Reply, I wasn't being a 'smartass' either. Rock On
Old 05-30-2009, 10:37 PM   #38
Pebble Pounder

So I'm really irritated..........
Went to my summer series put on by the BPRCA and made the mistake of taking a new rig.

My CVD broke after the start gate, first course, 1 minute, not even what I would call a "bind" situation.

These are apparently a big problem as I found after talking to King Bling, he went to the ECC and RCX and in 2 comps, more like 1 1/2 comps he watched Jake break 7!!!! As I understand it this has been a big problem and Jake has told Rich and well here we are.

I would've like to have known about this sooner, it totally screwed me in the summer series!!

Was planning on running the Losi in the WCC, doesnt look like it now, cant even get the parts for awhile.

Total F%$#@&g bummer!!!

Rich, help me out here!!!!!!!
lakedan5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:56 PM   #39
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentimage74 View Post
did you just compare the losi to the creeper?:-P
lol...yea, just all the initail issues the two comp ready kits shared, but I'm sure losi will provide the same quality service for the issues that venom has.

mines not here yet, but will get to see one at the comp sunday
Dark8ngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:45 PM   #40
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Will these axles be available with standard dog bones in the front instead of CVD's? I heard the CVD's failed on the Losi's at the ECC and also a transmission. I heard the transmission failure was a fluke and had already been corrected in the production models. How much weight are the Losi test drivers running in the front bead locks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
I disagree guys about the CVD's. The ONLY brand CVD's I have ever experienced to have superior quality and strength are the Thunder Tech CVD's for the Clod. The Axial CVD's break regularly, and so do the TLT CVD's. GateKeeper runs his Axial with stock Axial dog bone shafts and so do a few guys in my local club. The stock Axial dog bones are plenty strong and allow you to run a lot of weight on the wheels, something you can't do with CVD's and expect long life.

IMO, since the Losi has front and rear dig, I would sacrifice a little turning radius for something that might be much stronger and allow me to run heavy beadlocks (something in the 14oz or slightly heavier range). Every terrain is different, but in East Texas, we crawl a lot of man made obstacles and the heavier weight is needed to perform well.

I guess I wasn't wrong for asking these questions back in April

And like it has already been said, I thought the long wait was to perfect the Losi by use of the Team Losi drivers. It would have been much better to lose sales due to impatient customers then to lose sales from a poor product. The poor product is much worse than impatient customers. I passed on buying a Losi today because of the problems it displayed at today's competition which only confirmed the rumors.
Nova's Ark is online now   Reply With Quote