Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: broke a cvd already

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 10:17 AM   #41
Pixel Pusher

As far as I know....

MIP makes CVD's for Thundertech and the TLT ones as well. They are usually the go to company for the manufacturers.

Losi used/uses them. Associated does/did as well.

I'd bet MIP didn't make these as the whole kits are built overseas.

They were THE company for CVD's. That said, the CVD's they made for the Axial were a big disappointment. Not sure if they, like a lot of other companies are outsourcing.

I know Losi will handle it, but any solution will take a few weeks to get rolling, so, in the interim, we will have to deal.

I'd like a standing order to go in immediately for extra CVDS.
FreqEsKinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2009, 11:56 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freq E Tag View Post
As far as I know....

MIP makes CVD's for Thundertech and the TLT ones as well. They are usually the go to company for the manufacturers.

Losi used/uses them. Associated does/did as well.

I'd bet MIP didn't make these as the whole kits are built overseas.

They were THE company for CVD's. That said, the CVD's they made for the Axial were a big disappointment. Not sure if they, like a lot of other companies are outsourcing.

I know Losi will handle it, but any solution will take a few weeks to get rolling, so, in the interim, we will have to deal.

I'd like a standing order to go in immediately for extra CVDS.
MIP is not outsourcing from what I hear. I am not sure what happened with the Axial CVD's but I agree, MIP is the go-to source.

- DK
dkingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:30 PM   #43
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

At least they got some stuff right. The MIP ball section is large, but the pin is tiny. IMO the things that it needs to survive longer: Deeper cup to move pin in further, thus giving room for a larger pin. Chamfer(bevel) on edge of cup for turning clearance. A few measurments would have to change, since the pin would have to line up with the screws on the "c", but the "c's" are just not large enough to make something that will last. What I would really like to see is a larger, deeper "c" and knuckle arragement, allowing more room for larger, stronger parts. It would entail alot, and be expensive, because it would mean a new c, knuckle, bearings, and most likely wheels with enough room on the backside to surround it all.

Last edited by gunnar; 05-31-2009 at 12:32 PM.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:57 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Thumbs down I have no faith in Losi building rock crawlers

First it was a Losi MRC bending a factory straight axle on a couch cushion, now it's the "comp crawler" breaking a CV driveshaft on the second gate of it's maiden comp.

For Sale:
3 wheel drive Losi 1/10 comp crawler, used once...
GySgt Hartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:41 PM   #45
Rock Stacker

Location: Marion, iowa where no fun happens,ok, maybe once in a long while!!

if you realy want to sell i will buy
its proberly a bad batch of axles like the summit had
T600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:45 PM   #46
Hateraide

Hopefully they can fix the problems they are having but also the plastic on these rigs look cheap as well.
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:26 PM   #47
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikcaffine View Post
Its broke during an off camber uphill climb. Dont believe it was bound up or anything.
In all honesty, i think you werent even going up hill at an off camber, you just turned left into the face of a rock and tried to get the tire to climb upwards.

Whatever else happens, i will stick to my berg
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:52 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkingston View Post
MIP is not outsourcing from what I hear. I am not sure what happened with the Axial CVD's but I agree, MIP is the go-to source.

- DK
Don't know specifically with axial but MIP is only going to build the CVD's to the spec that the Manufacturer gives them. Now...I have never broke an MIP or TTR CVD...so with that, I would think that they are making sure that what they put out there is bulletproof. Both being smaller companies, they can do that...
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:53 PM   #49

Add another broken CVD to the pile, though mine pop'd in a bit of bind. It wasn't a really bad bind, but I had to give it a little more throttle and it pop'd. Completed the course with 3wd lol

Tony
Gt-358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:06 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
I'm-:?....I thought that's what the long wait was all about....getting all the kinks out before release:-P

Me too....the original release date was mid-march....I guess it wasn't worth the wait afterall.
Crawlin4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:22 PM   #51
Tad
Rock Stacker

The TTR cvd's are mostly parts MIP already made. The outer stubs are from 1/8 scale that is why they use the bigger bearing's.I am betting the losi cvd's have a bad heat treat and the way the notches are cut in them look to be making a nice place for them to start twisting from.
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:13 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Well mine is sitting on the shelf looks like problems are occuring who would of thunk/.Well lets see if losi stands behind there cvd problems Venom took care of there customers they treated me very well may as well get er together and see hat happens.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:20 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
The TTR cvd's are mostly parts MIP already made. The outer stubs are from 1/8 scale that is why they use the bigger bearing's.I am betting the losi cvd's have a bad heat treat and the way the notches are cut in them look to be making a nice place for them to start twisting from.
I'm thinking about hardening them then annealing them myself, but I would some spares to experiment with first. Hope Losi get's this resolved with a quickness.
P1choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:22 PM   #54
ckd

Mine just broke also. Looks just like the photo above. Wasn't doing anything hard just going up a wash by the house and noticed front wheel wasn't spinning. End of cvd just ripped off. First day out
ckd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:48 PM   #55

Mine broke in 10 minutes. Wasn't doing anything hard either.
willieone4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:20 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlin4fun View Post
Me too....the original release date was mid-march....I guess it wasn't worth the wait afterall.
1st date given was Febuary. . .It will be WORTH it , just hang in there- Parts/Customer support will come through!
APESHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:33 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

mines on the way, sounds like They need to fix this problem and send everyone that purchased a truck the upgrade parts.
mspohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:38 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

I know I started this thread, but I'd like to point out that people that are snapping these things quickly are using super high power set ups, IE: brushless and 2 and 3s, 35t and 3s. Thats a tremendous amount of stress on something thats getting nothing but traction.

I agree people are blowing it out of proportion, but it will be resolved, either by losi, or people finding other things that will fit in place of the stock cvds.
Either way its a pretty kick ass truck!
kikcaffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:41 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Default I agree

Yup I am with ya on that one. Anybody need a parts truck??
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181334
hbj069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:28 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikcaffine View Post
I know I started this thread, but I'd like to point out that people that are snapping these things quickly are using super high power set ups, IE: brushless and 2 and 3s, 35t and 3s. Thats a tremendous amount of stress on something thats getting nothing but traction.

I agree people are blowing it out of proportion, but it will be resolved, either by losi, or people finding other things that will fit in place of the stock cvds.
Either way its a pretty kick ass truck!
motor is a 55t.sidwinder esc.15t pinion.on 2s.Thats not super high power
willieone4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote