Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: The reason CVD's are breaking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Talked with a fellow that lives in the same state as I live in about the testing of this thing. There were problems early on with this thing. CVDs were always an issue...

The good the thing about this is as Harley stated^^^ aftermarket companies will be the key to this things survival. Aftermarket vendors usually follow
Losi pretty close.
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
The new body looks cool at least.

Get out of here you damn berg'er
ripper7777777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

I broke my right front CVD in two minutes. ON THE GARAGE FLOOR

WHAT THE CRAP IS THIS
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by saydee1800 View Post

WHAT THE CRAP IS THIS
Did the pin come loose and get bound up by any chance when it broke?
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEDROCKZ View Post
Talked with a fellow that lives in the same state as I live in about the testing of this thing. There were problems early on with this thing. CVDs were always an issue...

The good the thing about this is as Harley stated^^^ aftermarket companies will be the key to this things survival. Aftermarket vendors usually follow
Losi pretty close.
Why do we always have to rely on an aftermarket product to fix an issue that shouldn't even exist. Losi had plenty of resources invested into getting it right and this is what they put out. Bravo
raul duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul duke View Post
Why do we always have to rely on an aftermarket product to fix an issue that shouldn't even exist. Losi had plenty of resources invested into getting it right and this is what they put out. Bravo
I think we are on the same page here...This is the point trying to be made. This kit is MAP $289.99, trying to get a lot of quality in that price range over a whole kit IMO would be pretty hard to do. Hop-ups/ Upgrades/Spare parts is where the money is...

Last edited by TEDROCKZ; 06-02-2009 at 05:23 PM.
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:16 PM   #47
Sr. Product Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
Has nobody else thought it was "interesting" how Rich posted up days before the release that this crawler "likes lighter weight wheels" ?

Say all you want but that sounds like you were clearly aware that the CVD's suck ass and you were going to try and minimize the what has turned into a freaking circus in here.

I agree, I bet aftermarket it going to have to fix Losi mistake.
I'm in a no win situation here. No matter what I say there will always be those that will doubt me. I love this rock crawling stuff, been doing it for years, not on the level that most of you have taken it, but still love doing it.
During testing we did break CV's, there is no doubt about it. At first it was pins causing us issues, fixed that and then we had some CV's let go. We were assured by our vendor that we would be ok. We tested the prepros and I felt good about them.
Does anybody really think that after 6 months of delays, I'd want to release a truck with bad axles, so that I can send out free parts, pay shipping and take a beating about how bad this thing is?
Do I understand the anger and frustration those that have bought them have...YES. Am I embarrassed that this happened, YES am I going to work my butt off to correct this... ABSOLUTELY.

Again, if you have any concerns, questions, issues etc, I'll be happy to answer as quickly as possible.

Rich

rtrujillo@losi.com
Rich Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

That's a stand-up guy right there. Takes a big man to admit they made a mistake. This crawler looks great and I am sure everything will be figured out in the end. Should have mine set up and running sometime late tonight. Crossing my fingers.
davec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

As we discussed Rich, I know how you feel...

It's just funny how people jump on the bashing bandwagon. First it was the Rock Force...now it's Losi's turn.

Look at it this way, 6 months from now, this thread will be in the Archives...

Hang in there Rich...I have confidence that it will be resolved.
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:41 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by saydee1800 View Post

WHAT THE CRAP IS THIS
Well, technically it was my Comp Crawler that broke, and it was on the garage style concrete floor of the HobbyTown USA I work at, Saydee just so happened to be driving it when that happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrawler View Post
Did the pin come loose and get bound up by any chance when it broke?
Nope, pin's still securely in place. I double checked all of them after the rear one flew out while trying to make a 3 position dig work with my 3PM (I gave up and dug out my old 3PDF) It appears that the actual ball of the CVD shattered while it was on the floor. I am running a somewhat abused 27t Trinity Monster HP Stock motor with a 12t Pinion on the truck if anybody is curious.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:44 PM   #51
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Trujillo View Post
I'm in a no win situation here. No matter what I say there will always be those that will doubt me. I love this rock crawling stuff, been doing it for years, not on the level that most of you have taken it, but still love doing it.
During testing we did break CV's, there is no doubt about it. At first it was pins causing us issues, fixed that and then we had some CV's let go. We were assured by our vendor that we would be ok. We tested the prepros and I felt good about them.
Does anybody really think that after 6 months of delays, I'd want to release a truck with bad axles, so that I can send out free parts, pay shipping and take a beating about how bad this thing is?
Do I understand the anger and frustration those that have bought them have...YES. Am I embarrassed that this happened, YES am I going to work my butt off to correct this... ABSOLUTELY.

Again, if you have any concerns, questions, issues etc, I'll be happy to answer as quickly as possible.

Rich

rtrujillo@losi.com

Thanks for the reply Rich. However you are right it does still leave a lot of doubt. You said you were having issues with the pins before, but you still ended up putting in a pin with a 1.5mm diameter

It also still doesn't really explain how you can say this truck "likes lighter wheels". Why would it prefer this setup over every other crawler we have ran for the last 5 years? There are no crazy physics going on created by worm gears that are all of a sudden run different with lighter wheels then heavier wheels. I just don't understand I guess........

I am sure you would want to put this thing out and be bullet proof. Who wouldn't!?!?! Just seems like someone at some level made a call to put out this product before it was ready, 6 months of delays just didn't seem to be enough.

Quote:
...am I going to work my butt off to correct this... ABSOLUTELY.
I'll hold you to it I want to run the truck as bad as anyone who bought one. Of course it will have to wait until my Berg is off the comp course though and I am ready to play though

Good luck with it Rich, and I feel damn sorry for you inbox
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:47 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by davec View Post
That's a stand-up guy right there. Takes a big man to admit they made a mistake. This crawler looks great and I am sure everything will be figured out in the end. Should have mine set up and running sometime late tonight. Crossing my fingers.
Yuup, I've already been in contact with Rich about mine and even asked him if the axles as a whole can withstand Mobil 1 Synthetic Multi-Purpose lubricant (the thick pink stuff in a cardboard tube) and another question related to a customer's vehicle.

Thanks again Rich!
Old 06-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Yuup, I've already been in contact with Rich about mine and even asked him if the axles as a whole can withstand Mobil 1 Synthetic Multi-Purpose lubricant (the thick pink stuff in a cardboard tube) and another question related to a customer's vehicle.

Thanks again Rich!
I certainly hope they can as that is what my axles and transmission are full of. I have used that grease in 8th buggies for years and love it. It stands up to high temps and high rpm's without any issues.
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:00 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightcs77 View Post
I certainly hope they can as that is what my axles and transmission are full of. I have used that grease in 8th buggies for years and love it. It stands up to high temps and high rpm's without any issues.
From what he was able to find out, the materials will put up with the stuff (as will the Traxxas VXL diffs if anybody is curious) and your reasons for using the stuff is exactly why I PMed and asked him
Old 06-02-2009, 06:51 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Rich

rtrujillo@losi.com

Right Now Rich I think the best thing you can do is stay active on the forums, even if you don't have the answers. Just letting the peeps know your still here and there concerns and problems are not being ignored will go a long ways.

IMO the CVD thing is a small issue, the Brushed Motor problems are what I think the majority would like you to look into. Again you may not have the answers but I bet your Team Drivers do or can find the answers, just let the people know your there and on top of things.

and for the record, I'm still waiting for my package to come in and I'm looking forward to jumping into this.
ripper7777777 is offline   Reply With Quote