Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Robbobs LCC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #81
MODERATOR™

I went the 2S lipo and 13.5 motor route, and thought it was good actually. It had the slow control, but most of all, great get up and go. It was making about twice the wattage compared to the 21.5 and about half as much more than the 18.5 motor. What I felt the issue to be was not enough battery. I was using a Hyperion 35C 1100 mah, and it just didn't seem to deliver the amps under extreme loads. Never had a battery issue, but in the end, I let some smoke out from the motor and moved on to a 21.5 and 3S battery. Which was not all that different actually, but didn't have the pop the 13.5 did.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #82
MODERATOR™

Oh, thankfully a new page. That last one takes a long time to load. Two beers worth of time.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:14 PM   #83
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Oh, thankfully a new page. That last one takes a long time to load. Two beers worth of time.

fast drinker or?/and? slow connection
Toughbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #84
MODERATOR™

Double fistin, and big gulps.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #85
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
What I felt the issue to be was not enough battery. I was using a Hyperion 35C 1100 mah, and it just didn't seem to deliver the amps under extreme loads.
Yup thats what I figured would happen, same thing when I tried 19T brushed on 2S in the beginning. Motor was fast, got hot and towards the end of a run I could feel the pack softening.

Quote:
coming from the man who starts a thread for cool pictures ..........
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:05 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

So...
rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:54 AM   #87
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_b View Post
So...

Got to love New England weather .....

Quote:
Oct 15 Today Windy with rain showers. High near 55F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 60%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Oct 15 Tonight Windy. Showers early becoming widely scattered overnight. Low around 45F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Got a scale comp tomorrow, gonna bring the rig with me for some practice.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:42 AM   #88
Custom Carbon Fiber

so I did get some run time yesterday after a scale comp.

Downhills get a little touchy now with the light rear

I will say I miss the feel of the weight in the rear but Ive been driving that way for some time now. The truck felt much smoother with a better balance to it, still a bit nose heavy but that I can take that out of the wheels.
Downhills are sketchy, have to keep a smooth throttle down but be ready to grab a fist full if the rear doesnt stay put.

Thanks for looking
Old 10-17-2010, 08:01 AM   #89
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Thanks for looking
No prob.

Quote:
Downhills are sketchy, have to keep a smooth throttle down but be ready to grab a fist full if the rear doesnt stay put.
Yep, I know that feeling, and I like it!
Old 10-17-2010, 08:53 AM   #90
I wanna be Dave

With as much weight as you shifted I'm sure it drives totally different. Just did some weighing on mine...

RTR
Front 3lb-4.3oz (1482g)
Rear is 2lb-5.4oz (1061g)
Total 5lb-9.7oz (2543g)
Giving me a 58% front bias

Besides the electronic locations the only biasing that I have done is add 3oz (85g) to the rear axle under the lockouts and lead in the front wheels. My foam setups also different front to rear with the rear probably being a little heavier.

Front wheels 13.2oz (373g) each
Rear wheels 6.8oz (192g) each

I do agree downhills are sometimes sketchy, especially compared to an MOA. We just have to learn how to be a smoother drivers I suppose. I think thats the best part of the truck, it makes you become a better driver. On the flip side of it all the truck can climb like a madman. It's a good feeling when MOA guys ask "how did you just do that?"
Old 10-17-2010, 09:11 AM   #91
MODERATOR™

Here's one to try if you have side mount body posts.

Pick up the truck from the front side posts and where does it balance out at? And the rears?

The only thing touching the truck are my two fingers on the posts.

Mine leans just a little bit to the back when held from the front posts.
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #92
RCC Addict

Quote:
Here's one to try if you have side mount body posts.

Pick up the truck from the front side posts and where does it balance out at? And the rears?

The only thing touching the truck are my two fingers on the posts.

Mine leans just a little bit to the back when held from the front posts.
Thats the same as mine, ive found it perfect and havent changed a thing for the last two comps, the rig runs perfectly
Hulksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:57 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

X3, I don't run the post but if you stick wrenches in the body holes the rear balances out a touch lower than the front. That's pretty technical Eeepee
Old 10-26-2010, 05:43 AM   #94
Custom Carbon Fiber

Well got out Sunday for some real comp action, very pleased with the rig now. I feel the truck just flows so much smoother now. Everyone showed up with their a-games this weekend and the courses were nothing but easy.

First course had a nasty breakover climb that pretty much no shafty with any driver trying it could make.... had to use my 20pnt pass there but finished the course with a high 25 sitting me about 7th. Second course my driver decided to show up and nearly ran a perfect score, taking only 2 reverses just to play it safe towards the end I pulled the second lowest out with a -22 (best score was a -23 then it went to single digit negatives). The final course was nasty with a mix of break overs, vertical to off camber climbs and some tire eating gaps.

I pulled a tie for second place (which was an XR10 by the way) only to take third for the day on course scores being the tie breaker. I was very pleased with my overall day and everything the truck did ..... heres some pics of the day.

Overall pic of the course

Thanks for looking .......

Last edited by Robbob; 10-26-2010 at 05:47 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:18 AM   #95
Rock Crawler

Did you end up adding any weight to the rear or just get use to the way it handles with the lighter back end?
Vertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:22 AM   #96
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertec View Post
Did you end up adding any weight to the rear or just get use to the way it handles with the lighter back end?
Im just getting use to it. I took an oz out of the wheels and put it under the lock outs on each side. I lost rotating weight but kept my overall the same.

I really like using the rear burn now too, it moves around so much easier.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:36 AM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Good job at the comp. Losi shafty's got 1st, 2nd and 4th at our first series comp last weekend

Quote:
I really like using the rear burn now too, it moves around so much easier.
Believe it or not but that is why I run the CCR now. I was at the AZ Shootout this summer and Del Monte's rear burns blew my mind. No unloading just spin and move. I only ran one pack in my berg after that comp then sold it
Old 10-26-2010, 08:57 AM   #98
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Good job at the comp. Losi shafty's got 1st, 2nd and 4th at our first series comp last weekend

Believe it or not but that is why I run the CCR now. I was at the AZ Shootout this summer and Del Monte's rear burns blew my mind. No unloading just spin and move. I only ran one pack in my berg after that comp then sold it

Thanks. ..... how many MOA's went up for sale that day lol.

Watching some of the videos with his rig I can see that too, the German nationals he lined up for a climb like that if you blink and you missed it lol.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:54 AM   #99
RCC Addict

yes LCC has an awesome rear burn, rig looks good. Happen to have pics of the wicked break over gate?
scatterbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:13 AM   #100
Quarry Creeper

Default ?

That's hard to swallow...
Quote:

rooktakesqueen is offline   Reply With Quote