Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Del Monte's Losi Comp Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 06:16 PM   #61
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1\4elliptic toy View Post
Jake, its nice to see you here giving away all of your secrets It was nice chatting with you in st george at shamrock, Im probably running f-toy next year, search youtube for arrowhead canyon and then plan on coming up for some real 1:1 stuff here. I'll catch up with ya at WCC....
Right on! I haven't forgotten about wheeling the 1:1 out there... I might just be bringing it to the next St. George event
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2009, 06:32 PM   #62
no talent hack

nice driving this past weekend jake! sent you a pm
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:47 PM   #63
Rock Stacker

What kind of run times are you getting out of the 3c? Im running the losi 2c 1650 and only getting about 10 minutes.
jason yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:21 AM   #64
RCC Addict

First off, congrats on a great run at the WCC over the weekend!

I know there's some questions you guys can't answer .... But can you please list your complete setup for the WCC? Including motor, esc, pinion, battery, suspension, etc ??? Maybe a couple of new rig pics as well?

Thanks!
JPH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:57 AM   #65
Quarry Creeper

you could put your setups here http://crawler.setupsheets.com !! *(the site is not done, but the mechanics are there, and the losi setup sheet is there and working good)
JasonJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:08 AM   #66
Quarry Creeper

I just noticed your capacitor is hooked up to a chip board. What is that?

P1choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:17 AM   #67
Quarry Creeper

The losi Xcelorin comes with a big ol' Cap, the board is the "holder" for the cap, it usually has blue shrink wrap over it... I haven't looked inside mine, not sure there is anything more than the board in there.
JasonJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:50 AM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Oh yeah. I guess I should have checked my esc first.
P1choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:46 AM   #69
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH Racing View Post
First off, congrats on a great run at the WCC over the weekend!

I know there's some questions you guys can't answer .... But can you please list your complete setup for the WCC? Including motor, esc, pinion, battery, suspension, etc ??? Maybe a couple of new rig pics as well?

Thanks!
Sure, once I get a chance to sit down today and take some new pics, I'll post everything up. I don't have any fancy tricks up my sleeve with this rig
Old 07-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #70
RCC Addict

it needs a top banana...
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #71
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by APESHAT View Post
At LHS we looked up the part#'s for the Crawler 21.5, #wasn't legit ? Straight from his Dealer catalog. . . usually they will list .01 when they aren't yet available- weird. I'll keep my fingers crossed till August.
http://losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSB9409
I seen this the other day. Working on getting a LCC
Sneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:14 AM   #72

Hey jake you ever have any trouble with it lifting a front wheel? On an axail based rig i used to run with a sw3 chassis i could just switch to front dig and settle it out. I was wondering if you ever had this problem. I'm running losi pinks in the rear and the whites in the front, middle holes on everthing else.
bummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:08 PM   #73
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bummer View Post
Hey jake you ever have any trouble with it lifting a front wheel? On an axail based rig i used to run with a sw3 chassis i could just switch to front dig and settle it out. I was wondering if you ever had this problem. I'm running losi pinks in the rear and the whites in the front, middle holes on everthing else.

I too have the same problem. When digging, one front tire will get more traction than the other causing the rig to twist and lift one wheel.
youngblood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:36 PM   #74
Y-Town Crawlers

Default Getting ready for LaGuerra!

This rig has been working so well, I didn't feel that I needed to change much to be ready for the Battle on the Red Rocks event in Colorado. Once I got the mud off, I rebuilt the shocks with some fresh 45wt. oil and threw some more Gearjelly in the diffs.

I also installed some cool Ti stuff from Rocksmith Engineering

Ti Lower links

Ti steering rod

The Rocksmith also made me some nifty spacers for my outboarded rear shocks

Last edited by Del Monte; 07-09-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #75
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bummer View Post
Try backing off the preload on your front shocks, and maybe step up to a slightly thicker oil. The heavier rear springs may "spring" up and unload the chassis on off-camber vertical climbs too.

You might also want to try putting your front upper links in the top hole. This will makes the front dive more under power and give your front tires a little more bite while digging.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:59 PM   #76

Default set up

Hello Jake congrats on podium finish. It looks like it was a ton of fun!

locally I run mostly on man made rock pile kinda stuff, do you have a set up or changes from one of the ones on the losi site that you would start with?

I have been messing with it trying different things but I am new at this crawling stuff. Thanks for taking your time to help out on here I know its sometimes hard to do so. Im sure everybody appreciates the help
Azrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:50 PM   #77
no talent hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Monte View Post
Once I got the mud off, I rebuilt the shocks with some fresh 45wt. oil and threw some more Gearjelly in the diffs.
hahaha you cleaned the mud off. your in trouble for rojas regros. i just went out and beat on my berg for a few hours. everything is super sloppy and loose now, the setup is just about dialed in . oh, and its even dirtier now after 20 minutes atempting the wall of slime straight out of the lake

hahaha see you next week

ps your pics dont work. it says something about an anti-sec movement. i didnt read it all
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:09 AM   #78
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrcguy View Post

locally I run mostly on man made rock pile kinda stuff, do you have a set up or changes from one of the ones on the losi site that you would start with?

I have been messing with it trying different things but I am new at this crawling stuff. Thanks for taking your time to help out on here I know its sometimes hard to do so. Im sure everybody appreciates the help
Thanks! Its good to see some race guys getting into our side of the sport

For man made rock pile stuff, I would probably stick with a lighter oil, anywhere from 25 to 35wt. If you're dealing with a lot of small rocks and breakovers you'll want the suspension to be pretty active. Maybe even crank down the preload on the springs to give it a little more ride height. Once you start crawling on bigger climbs and sidehills I would lower the rig down and go with a stiffer oil.

For weights, I would run anywhere from 6-10oz. in each front, and then 2-4oz in each rear tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-hills4x4 View Post
hahaha you cleaned the mud off. your in trouble for rojas regros. i just went out and beat on my berg for a few hours. everything is super sloppy and loose now, the setup is just about dialed in . oh, and its even dirtier now after 20 minutes atempting the wall of slime straight out of the lake

hahaha see you next week

ps your pics dont work. it says something about an anti-sec movement. i didnt read it all
Uh oh... we're all in trouble if you show up with a beat up, dirty rig and you don't drive too seriously. It worked in Omaha right?

I don't know what happened to all my pics... I'll fix that when I get back home on Monday

-Jake
Old 07-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrcguy View Post

Casey,

You bringing yours to Joliet?

- DK
dkingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:20 PM   #80

haha I don't know am I???? change that.......should I

Do they have somewhere to run it around?

If I know Dave I would say the answer is yes..

Thanks for the info Jake

Last edited by Azrcguy; 07-12-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Azrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote