Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Battery Type

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 08:16 PM   #1

Default Battery Type

I just put mine on order, and I'm noticing that nobody runs a 6 cell NiMh packs with these. Is it not possible to run a 6 cell with these. If so can someone post a pic to show me how they fit it in. I hope I can use mine for now, or else I'm going to have to wait to run it until I get a lipo and charger for the lipo.
matthewjbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

i'm thinking there's not a real good place to put it. If yo put it in the normal spot is will stick out the front like Pinocio. You could put it on top of the main frame but no way your lid is gonna fit and it will be top heavy,,,dunno not much help sorry
grouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Well I'm sure you can find a temporary spot to run it for testing and bashing, but it maybe hard to ride with the lid. But you will need a lipo to run it for real.
ripper7777777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:55 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Will a saddle pack fit on the axle?
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:43 AM   #5

Thanks guys, I was thinking that I would probably have to go lipo, it's just so damn expensive and all since I don't have a lipo charger.
I was also wondering if the saddle packs would fit the axel, have to check it out when I get it.
matthewjbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:19 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewjbear View Post
I just put mine on order, and I'm noticing that nobody runs a 6 cell NiMh packs with these. Is it not possible to run a 6 cell with these. If so can someone post a pic to show me how they fit it in. I hope I can use mine for now, or else I'm going to have to wait to run it until I get a lipo and charger for the lipo.
You may be able to rebuild the pack to fit on the speedo mount on the rear axle or build a plate & move the speedo to the recvr. mount.
Speedracer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:29 AM   #7
Moderator Rule Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewjbear View Post
Thanks guys, I was thinking that I would probably have to go lipo, it's just so damn expensive and all since I don't have a lipo charger.
I was also wondering if the saddle packs would fit the axle, have to check it out when I get it.
It may be expensive to go lipo, but in long run you be glad you did.
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:40 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric113 View Post
It may be expensive to go lipo, but in long run you be glad you did.

Agreed. Go lipo and you'll never look back.

But you can go cheap lipo, just check Ebay. I do recommend spending a bit more on a charger but I know plenty of people using the ebay 50 buck chargers. I plan to get one to travel with.
ripper7777777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:15 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Everybody has been so focused on the motor/esc setup that little thought has been put into anything else so far. Now you have to understand that this rig requires a high rpm motor, this is what we are discovering. There aren't many successful attempts so far with brushed, but even the good brushed setups, we are using 11.1v. that is why everybody is using lipo. Now all that being said, what better time than while everybody else is to experiment. If you do, let us know what you find.
Tydl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:34 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I dont think they have the gearing to run 6 cells and not be insanely slow...
rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

I've been running a 6 cell battery pack in mine since day one. I use a 1400mAh 2/3A mini pack (from my mini-T). It has ok wheel speed, but the torque is a bit soft and the run time is lousy. It's still fun, but just not enough.

I ordered a 7 cell 2000mAh 4/5A pack last night. I checked the measurements, and it should fit just fine in the battery tray. I'm hoping that the extra cell gives me the power that I'm looking for. Plus, the higher mAh should give me a better run time. I'll let you know how it turns out.

By the way, I'm running an 18.5T Goat system.
celsiusprime is offline   Reply With Quote