Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: outrunner motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 05:05 PM   #1

Default outrunner motor

any one try an outrunner in thier lcc yet? If so which one and what esc.
looking at the 1000kv holmes hooby one with a 3s lipo and a maba max esc or a mamba 25 any luck with either of these too
colorado_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I thought I was going to be smart and get that crawlmaster motor, didn't work. I didn't even play around with different setups, except the esc settings. 3 cell and mamba max and I think a 14 tooth pinion. Plugged it in drove it to the wall,(way too slow) tried to climb the wall and a lot of cogging. I hate brushed motors but I just went with the 550 sized motor like the titan 21t. Works very well until I see other people with a good 3s capable system that works for sure. Think I'll wait til next year even.
460bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:57 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Not sure which outrunner my daughter is running in her truck. her boy friend out the motor in for her it's out of a helicoptor. castle sidewinder esc and bec. for now works pretty good for about 15 min before it gets to hot, we are running 2000 mah 3 cell lipo's.
dbledeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:47 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

have been running crawlmaster 1000kv w/ Mamba max, castle bec and 3s and 4s batteries. 16 tooth pinion works pretty well cogging is minimal. 4s helps the wheelspeed a bunch. motor temps after 1350 battery are usually in the 140 degree area speed control is 140 to 155 degrees. with a 18 tooth pinion wheelspeed is a bit tiny bit better and cogging is still ok IMO. anything bigger than an 18 tooth though cogging is really annoying. 18 tooth does run a few degrees warmer. Oh, did I mention I get roughly 45 minutes out of a 1350 mah Lipo. So far this is the best motor combo I have used. I think a sensored brushless is the only better option. Holmes' sensored outrunner should be the ultimate if they ever come to the market...
jafa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:51 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Two of the guys that I crawl with have tried the HH Crawlmaster sport and the HH Torquemaster in the LCC. Neather one was happy with the wheel speed or the power. Both were running with 3s lipos.

I just tried a Hacker 17.5 ( it was the only brushless that I had ) with 3s lipo and a sidewinder. I didn't like the cogging. Plenty of wheel speed though. I am going to go with my original plan and run HH Brushed 35t. It won't have any cogging.
70duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #6

Thanks guys for all the input don't wsnt to buy it all and have it not work
colorado_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote