Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Binding issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #1

Default Binding issue

I just got my Losi crawler together today with updated worm gears and CKRC CVD's, but I still have issues. I cant climb anything, the crawler just binds up whenever I start to climb over anything. Its not slipping and the dig is not trying to engage front or back, I ruled these issues out.

The motor/esc and diffs get hot after just a few minutes of running. The motor/esc get up to about 130 pretty quick and the rear diff gets to around 115, front to 100. I took the diffs apart again, and the wear line is right down the middle, and it has the proper shims throughout. I don't know what to do from here.

I searched through the forum to try and find a similar issue, but I cant find a remedy. Does anyone have any input to help me out?
davidg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2009, 07:01 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Check the puins in all of the drive shafts and make sure they are seated properly. They might be hitting the c hubs or the chassis depinding on what drive shaft it is. Did you grease the axles and transmission?
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

How about a rundown of the electronics...

ESC, motor, Pinion, battery.
JasonJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #4

I checked all the pins and they are seated properly. I greased everything when I replaced the work gears.

I also checked over the electronics, and they were all used in different trucks before I put them in the crawler.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:04 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidg86 View Post
I also checked over the electronics, and they were all used in different trucks before I put them in the crawler.
Were they used in a Losi Comp Crawler?

Just because they worked in an Axial or something else doesn't mean they will work in the LCC. It requires a pretty well thought out selection of electronics, and pinion choice...

If you want help with an issue, it really helps us if you let us know what you're running...

The fact its overheating rapidly tells me you have the wrong motor and pinion combination for the LCC...
Old 08-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #6

I'm running the novak goat 3s with a 13.5 and 14 tooth pinion along with a maxamps 2100 2s lipo. This seems like a good combo based on what I've seen on this forum.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:13 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidg86 View Post
I'm running the novak goat 3s with a 13.5 and 14 tooth pinion along with a maxamps 2100 2s lipo. This seems like a good combo based on what I've seen on this forum.
What I've read is that combo with a 12T pinion still gets hot, so 14T is just going to make it worse... Its also taller gearing that will cause stalling as well. Try a 12T pinion and see how that works. Make sure you have all the brakes turned off and such in the programming. I think the 3s novak by default is setup to work with worms, but you might want to double check that nothing has changed.

There is a thread in this subforum about the novak goat and what works and what doesnt...
Old 08-24-2009, 06:06 PM   #8

I took the diffs apart one more time today, before I was gonna quit and send for a call tag to Losi. All that I can say is thank god I did.

The first time I disassembled the diffs to see if I had bad worms, I took out the extra 2 shims in the front but forgot to in the back.

So, I was going through it today, to just slap tons of grease in the diffs as a last resort and I realized there were 4 shims in the rear. I took the 2 extras out and I was soo happy while I was putting it back together because I knew that had to be the issue.

I plugged a pack in and I've been crawling all over my house, I'm gonna get this thing outside tomorrow and rip it.

JamesJones- The temps arent bad with the 14t but I'm gonna take your advice and go down to a 12t, that will make this crawler as cool as a cucumber.

Everyone, thanks for your input.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:33 PM   #9
Sr. Product Developer

Let me know how it goes. I sent the call tag to your email address. If all is good I can cancel.

Rich
Rich Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote