Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: not happy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default not happy

i have spent a ton of money on my lcc and it still dont work right eveytimie i think i have it solved there is something else i just put in a tekin brushless system with a 13 tooth pinon also tryed a 17 tooth but the pinon slips on the spur when it is under load and not much of a load at that i put it over as far as it well go and it slips the slipper clutch is tight and i am now at a loss spent all this money on what something that just sits there i think it is in the transmission i replaced the spur even though the gear looked ok so someone tell me what the problem is im to the point of never buying a losi product again and making sure that anyone that plans on getting one dont sorry but i have had it
mesooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2009, 08:59 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Holy punctuation! I had to read that 4 times to try to understand your message, and I'm still not completely getting it. What exactly are you stating or asking here?
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

im trying to figure out why the motor/pinon slip on the spur gear i cant get it any tighter and the slipper clutch is tight cant get it any tighter plus a new spur gear so now what
Old 09-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Sorry for your troubles,,,,, but I think your in the wrong hobby,,,if you don't have the patience to work thru a set up you will always be frustrated with crawlers. There is plenty of help here and MANY others have gotten the LCC to crawl like a stripped ape. So calm down and take a breath and go thru the posts and track the problem down one thing at a time eliminating all possibilities untill you get it running,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
grouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Just to get it straight, your Pinion is not slipping on the "Spur" gear. If you were having gearmesh issues your plastic Idler gear would be toast, all stripped out, very visible damage.

What you're having a problem with is the Slipper clutch. You said you've tightened it down as much as it will go and it still slips. There was a few posts about the slipper clutch not getting assembled properly, or wrong spec parts or something like that (search this forum for posts by Rich and slipper).

Here I did the search for you:
I hate the slipper Read the thread, and the post from Rich.
JasonJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJones View Post
If you were having gearmesh issues your plastic Idler gear would be toast, all stripped out, very visible damage.
Not to mention noisy.... Don't ask how I know
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:42 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

well first of all im calm second i have this thing a little over 2 months and still havent ran it much maybe an hour total trying differnt motor set ups ill check the idler gear it does make alot of noise i seen somewhere on here about the spring on the slipper clutch so back apart it goes
Old 09-03-2009, 10:18 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesooners View Post
im trying to figure out why the motor/pinon slip on the spur gear i cant get it any tighter and the slipper clutch is tight cant get it any tighter plus a new spur gear so now what

Super glue the slipper and you will be good to go.
BullfrogRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:25 PM   #9
Who's your Daddy-0!

I'll solve your prob for ya.....I'll give ya $150 for it right now Take it and solve your problem! See how easy that was?

Seriously, look at the slipper and the tranny. Prob will be in there somewhere.....or take the $150
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #10
K_B
I wanna be Dave

This is a long shot, but make sure the set screw for the pinion is tight.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:30 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Location: NHFF world headquarters, working on the "rock mauling hill shooting NHFF pig squealing death rocket"

Quote:
Originally Posted by just jerry View Post
Super glue the slipper and you will be good to go.
woooo! hoooo! i like the way you think!!!
buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:30 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B View Post
This is a long shot, but make sure the set screw for the pinion is tight.
LOL, I think with what we're working with here thats a much closer shot than we think!

Good call, could be the pinion spinning on the shaft...
JasonJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:42 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

nope its tight im not a newbe to rc's hell forget super im thinking jb weld
Old 09-04-2009, 06:09 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesooners View Post
nope its tight im not a newbe to rc's hell forget super im thinking jb weld
Are you sure that you've set the mesh correctly? First of all, you will NEVER experience the pinion slipping on the idler gear if the mesh is correct. Second, if the pinion gear is turning and the idler isn't then either they are not engaged or the teeth on the idler gear are stripped. That only needs to be missing two or three teeth for it to sit there with the motor spinning and no go. Look for a slight flat spot on the idler and that's where it's stripped.

Now here is a nice somple way to set the gear mesh. If you want to use a 13T then take a 14T and put it on the motor. Now lock down the motor plate with the 14T meshed as tight as possible. Remove the 14T without loosening the motor plate and replace it with the 13T and you will have an almost perfect gear mesh.

Also it would be nice if you would use punctuation and capitals when you write, it does make it easier to understand for the rest of us.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:22 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

I don't have an LCC but couldn't something inside the trans be broke or bad. Trying to help
poorboyrc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:23 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Also it would be nice if you would use punctuation and capitals when you write, it does make it easier to understand for the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

This is the best idea so far.
poorboyrc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:48 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboyrc77 View Post
I don't have an LCC but couldn't something inside the trans be broke or bad. Trying to help
The tranny inerds are pretty much either it works or it doesn't. I really think his issue is that he isn't meshing the gears properly and the idler is stripping thereby not moving under load but if you pick it up and hit the throttle it spins all the wheels. Put it down and as soon as the stripped spot is reached it stops moving.

I've stripped three idlers so far. Once when the pinion gear I was using split by the set screw, once when I didn't follow my own advice and set the mesh right and finally the third time was in a big bind and the slipper was locked tight. I put in a new idler and adjusted the slipper so it only slips in an impossible bind and all seems to be good now.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:52 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboyrc77 View Post
Also it would be nice if you would use punctuation and capitals when you write, it does make it easier to understand for the rest of us.

This is the best idea so far.[/QUOTE]
On the other hand Mesooners could be from a country that doesn't use English. I thought he/she was from Oklahoma (Sooners).
Old 09-04-2009, 08:03 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
This is the best idea so far.
On the other hand Mesooners could be from a country that doesn't use English. I thought he/she was from Oklahoma (Sooners).[/QUOTE]

Even people who have English as a 2nd language understand punctuation.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:24 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Wow. After some of the comments on this thread it's no wonder people get turned away.

Does the guy need to use punctuation? It wouls sure make it easier but we're not in grade 9 english class. I'd probably be frustrated as well. And when you get frustrated you tend to over look something simple. Give the guy some help or just shut the hell up.

I agree with AreCee. Probably the idler gear.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote