Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 04:41 AM   #281
RCC Addict

Default Re: New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston View Post
So according to USRCCA rules, what I'm wanting to build is a 2.2 Super Crawler Class? Am I reading this right?
No, you want an illegal hybrid.
The "Super" class (which is the one with 4WS) runs much larger wheels and MOA.

If 4WS is a must for you the one comp class you can opt for is SORCCA's Scale Class-3. (Takes some re-build for "scale" looks.)
Otherwise the LNC is very good for a 2.2S(hafty).
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2014, 05:42 AM   #282

Default Re: New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here!

To H E Double hockey sticks with class. This is my first crawler and I just want to have some fun with it. If I ever do start competing, I'll worry about which class then. LOL. Twenty more days (give or take) and the fun will begin. Have to start collecting rock for the back yard course. Let the bashing commence.
Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:04 AM   #283

Alright guys I m very new to the R/C world. I now have two LNC's & a Losi Mini Crawler as well. This site has helped me through my issues w/the mini & now I ll move onto the LNC's. No issues w/one of them and multiple w/the other. When I got it it was definitely noisier than my modified one. This one is all stock no aftermarket @ all. Sounds like lack of lubrication in rear axle and maybe motor noise. I ve read all the reduced friction thread & I ll get to work on it. But now for the real problem.....while @ work my 3 yr old turned it on w/o the remote being on & it wedged itself between the dresser & wall. Wife said it was smoking pretty bad. Now everytime I run it, it stinks very bad. Battery, motor & all related wires get very hot?! I m assuming motor? I have another stock motor off my other one just thought I would get some opinions before throwing parts @ it. One more question, what are the 2 black things hardwired from the motor? Do I need them? Thanks sorry for the long post.
walkerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:44 AM   #284
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerjr View Post
Alright guys I m very new to the R/C world. I now have two LNC's & a Losi Mini Crawler as well. This site has helped me through my issues w/the mini & now I ll move onto the LNC's. No issues w/one of them and multiple w/the other. When I got it it was definitely noisier than my modified one. This one is all stock no aftermarket @ all. Sounds like lack of lubrication in rear axle and maybe motor noise. I ve read all the reduced friction thread & I ll get to work on it. But now for the real problem.....while @ work my 3 yr old turned it on w/o the remote being on & it wedged itself between the dresser & wall. Wife said it was smoking pretty bad. Now everytime I run it, it stinks very bad. Battery, motor & all related wires get very hot?! I m assuming motor? I have another stock motor off my other one just thought I would get some opinions before throwing parts @ it. One more question, what are the 2 black things hardwired from the motor? Do I need them? Thanks sorry for the long post.
Can't help with the overheating question. Could be the motor or the ESC. As for the black items on the motor, those are chokes to reduce electrical noise. You can remove them with no ill effects. Jerry
jgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:16 AM   #285
Rock Crawler

Walker - the stock ones seem louder. I think that it is the motor that makes them loud.

The wedged one is the stock one, right? Does the ESC get hot? Can you try the motor from the modified one? Does the ESC smell bad? How does it run before it gets hot?

It does sound like motor, but try a few things before just going that route.
dentonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:28 AM   #286
Pebble Pounder

Hi , I`m not new to the LCC but ran into something for the first time . I bought the adjustable upper track rod mounts [Hop Me Up on Ebay has them for $1.93 ] .

Anyways , am I missing something ? When installing these it seems like there are some spacers needed to be able to secure the servo and esc plates .

Appreciate any help !
Briguy-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:09 AM   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentonmac View Post
Walker - the stock ones seem louder. I think that it is the motor that makes them loud.

The wedged one is the stock one, right? Does the ESC get hot? Can you try the motor from the modified one? Does the ESC smell bad? How does it run before it gets hot?

It does sound like motor, but try a few things before just going that route.
I have a stock motor out of the modified one so I guess I ll swap it. The ESC doesn't seem to be too hot but motor & wires & batteries get very hot very quick. It doesn't run real good. It gets hot quick. It did run fine before my son got a hold of it. Lesson learned.
walkerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:58 AM   #288
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguy-01 View Post
Hi , I`m not new to the LCC but ran into something for the first time . I bought the adjustable upper track rod mounts [Hop Me Up on Ebay has them for $1.93 ] .

Anyways , am I missing something ? When installing these it seems like there are some spacers needed to be able to secure the servo and esc plates .

Appreciate any help !
Those were designed for the rear where no servo comes into play. I have thought how it would benefit in the front also with spacers (like you mentioned). I was just worried about raising the COG.

Just thought of this. It might just raise it enough to run the servo and batt on the underside with an extended servo/batt plate. Lowering the COG.

Edit: I know this is an AX but the same idea.

I say go for it.

Last edited by dentonmac; 02-09-2014 at 01:12 PM.
dentonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:59 PM   #289
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentonmac View Post
Those were designed for the rear where no servo comes into play. I have thought how it would benefit in the front also with spacers (like you mentioned). I was just worried about raising the COG.

Just thought of this. It might just raise it enough to run the servo and batt on the underside with an extended servo/batt plate. Lowering the COG.

Edit: I know this is an AX but the same idea.

I say go for it.

Hmmm , interesting .

Thanks
Briguy-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:29 AM   #290
Rock Stacker

Ok, I've read through all 15 pages, good stuff. I got lost in a lot of the motor/ESC stuff, but I'm not at that point yet. I bought a very modified LCC and I'm trying to get the chassis all solid before messing with electronics.

Questions:
Upgraded hexes? What fits that will replace the factory plastic hexes?

What's a good, small battery with decent runtime? I'm currently test running it with a 2S stubby pack, but the chassis has limited room for a battery. I'm running an Axial AE-5 ESC and one of three motors (haven't figure out which is best out what I have) Axial 27T, RC4WD 45T or a Titan.
Menace Kustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 01:33 PM   #291
Rock Crawler

Menace, if your looking for a good overall battery, the Rhino 1050mah 3S from hobbyking has always done me good.

You'd be light years ahead to break down and buy a MMP and run a sensored brushless motor. On 3S, a 13.5 with a 16T pinion and HD worm gears is a fantastic combo.
GiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:54 PM   #292
Rock Stacker

I appreciate the advice. I'd love to upgrade the motor/ESC, but I want to get the truck sorted out first, and that money is not in the cards just yet. Once the chassis is sorted, we'll revisit that.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:25 AM   #293
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace Kustoms View Post
... I'd love to upgrade the motor/ESC, but I want to get the truck sorted out first,... Once the chassis is sorted, we'll revisit that.
I support that decision!
Brushless motor is good for these crawlers, but it's also expensive and not immediately required.
I expect a lot from the Revolver S Stubby I ordered last week. Will see how well it works in practice...
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:53 AM   #294
Rock Stacker

Well, if you could see what I'm working with, you'd understand. It's a cool truck, with potential, but it's passed through several hands, so now it's a little rough. I plan to get it working again, 100%. It had those dopey servo horn shock extender things.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:22 AM   #295

Hello, I ordered myself a LNC, brought some mods and servo Hitec 7955, Im searching for some metal steering links, and couldnt find any, Anybody knows where can i find those? and if not can i custom make them? and how?

Thanx ;)
fadi.join is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:56 AM   #296
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadi.join View Post
Hello, I ordered myself a LNC, brought some mods and servo Hitec 7955, Im searching for some metal steering links, and couldnt find any, Anybody knows where can i find those? and if not can i custom make them? and how?

Thanx ;)
The Comp Crawler came with metal steering links. The part number is LOSA1521. Jerry
Old 05-24-2015, 08:06 AM   #297
Pebble Pounder

I might also add that I have been using a 7955 servo with the plastic steering links for over 3-years with no issues. Jerry
Old 05-24-2015, 09:10 AM   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrim View Post
I might also add that I have been using a 7955 servo with the plastic steering links for over 3-years with no issues. Jerry
Thanx for the Part Number, Its Unavailable wherever I search, But good that you told me that the plastics are still there Will try to custom make it my own.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:06 AM   #299
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadi.join View Post

Thanx ;)
Blue Monkey RC makes a Ti steering link.
rob5059 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:12 AM   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob5059 View Post
Blue Monkey RC makes a Ti steering link.
Thanx Alot, good help