Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 11:42 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dawg View Post
If you want my honest opinion....putting a 2s LiPo in a 3s setup is like putting a 4 cylinder in place of a V8. Yeah, it will work but you will never utilize it's full potential.

I run the Goat 2s Crawler system in my LCC and it does pretty good and has plenty of power and decent wheel speed, but it is currently torn apart awaiting the Novak 3s with 18.5T Ballistic motor.

I agree with you, but go to Novak's website and pull up the Goat 3S page, they only recommend a 2S lipo when using the Goat 3S ESC and either the 18.5 or 21.5 in a Losi Makes not one lick of sense, but it's there in black and white.

I can tell you I just ditched my Goat 3S and 21.5T motor after 4 months. The combo of a smoked motor and ESC shut down issues was too much. It really got under my skin after costing me a win. Its no fun when the ESC flips out and starts going through its programming again to figure out what it is and what is supposed to do.

I'm far happier with the Mamba Max Pro, as 1) I have a linear throttle curve vs the Goat expo curve, 2) it can and will take up to 6S giving me more options, and 3) it is fully adjustable. I can tell you it is a far smoother and more powerful combo than the Goat 3S and regular Crawler 21.5T motor
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2010, 12:24 AM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Does the mamba max pro have instant reverse?
Zimm98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:45 AM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimm98 View Post
Does the mamba max pro have instant reverse?
Is the Pope Catholic? Yes, sir it does

All castle products are fully adjustable and I do mean fully! You can pick between instant reverse (forward-brake-reverse in the programming) or you can double pump, or you can lock-out the reverse. It's like Burger King in that you can have it your way
Old 02-07-2010, 10:26 AM   #44
Pebble Pounder

Sounds good, I have used castle stuff some on my airplanes and they always produce top quality stuff. I just wish they could keep them in stock.
Zimm98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:29 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Default What's the best battery for my set up...

Here's my rig:
Stock LCC with ~ 8oz of wheel weights
Xcelorin sensored ESC and 17.5 motor

I currently have the Losi 2s that came with it. What's the best battery to upgrade to and where's the best place to get one?

Thanks in advance!
new2it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

the best battery for your application is hard to say for sure. do you want 2s or 3s? and are your keeping the battery in the stock location? one that i have had great success with is an elite 1700mah 35c 3s lipo from cheapbatterypacks.com and it can put out 59-60 amps continuously and they have a 2s version. and they fit the stock battery tray perfectly with room to spare
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

I'm looking to get some better run times and maybe a little more wheel speed. I want the battery to fit the stock tray.
new2it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:11 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2it View Post
Here's my rig:
Stock LCC with ~ 8oz of wheel weights
Xcelorin sensored ESC and 17.5 motor

I currently have the Losi 2s that came with it. What's the best battery to upgrade to and where's the best place to get one?

Thanks in advance!
Assuming you are limited to a 2s LiPo.......here is what I run.

Common Sense RC 7.4v 2000mAh 20c LiPo pack
Maximum Continuous Discharge of 40 amps and a Maximum Burst of 80 Amps
They also charge at a 2C rate....(max 4 amps) which cuts charge time to 35 minutes.

These packs fit the Losi Comp Crawler battery tray perfectly as they are short and wide.

I get about 1 hour of run time and 35 minutes on the charger at 4 amps. I bought two so I would never have to wait on one to finish charging.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:52 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedcrawler View Post
I agree with you, but go to Novak's website and pull up the Goat 3S page, they only recommend a 2S lipo when using the Goat 3S ESC and either the 18.5 or 21.5 in a Losi Makes not one lick of sense, but it's there in black and white.

I can tell you I just ditched my Goat 3S and 21.5T motor after 4 months. The combo of a smoked motor and ESC shut down issues was too much. It really got under my skin after costing me a win. Its no fun when the ESC flips out and starts going through its programming again to figure out what it is and what is supposed to do.

I'm far happier with the Mamba Max Pro, as 1) I have a linear throttle curve vs the Goat expo curve, 2) it can and will take up to 6S giving me more options, and 3) it is fully adjustable. I can tell you it is a far smoother and more powerful combo than the Goat 3S and regular Crawler 21.5T motor
The way I read the novak site is that if you are using the 3s esc they recommend a 3 cell with the 21.5 or the 18.5 and a 2 cell if using the 13.5. At least thats what I got out of it
Buddha34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha34 View Post
The way I read the novak site is that if you are using the 3s esc they recommend a 3 cell with the 21.5 or the 18.5 and a 2 cell if using the 13.5. At least thats what I got out of it
Re-read it again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAK Website
When using the Losi® 1/10-Scale Comp Crawler™, Novak recommends the Crawler 18.5T (#3419) or Crawler 21.5T (#3420) with the Goat 3S, and the Crawler 13.5T (#3414) with the Goat 2S, programmed to Servo/Robotic Mode (profile 3) or the Goat 3S using 2S Li-Po batteries.

I had to about 4 times and got a friend to read it. Not how it reads, or if that is the case then Novak needs to hire someone who understands the English language.

Feel free to run it... I saw one other Goat 3S set-up (18.5T) crap the bed, then mine started to act up a bit only to finally die off in full a few weeks later. Guess I'm just hard on stuff As until I saw my 21.5T motor I didn't think it was possible to smoke a brushless
Old 02-08-2010, 07:00 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

I ran a Goat 2 cell on a 3 cell pack with an 18.5 for quite some time. It works fine.

I have talked to Novak about that. You can run and they reccomend a 3 cell when using an 18.5 or slower. On 2 cell they reccomend the 13.5 to regain the wheel speed.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
I ran a Goat 2 cell on a 3 cell pack with an 18.5 for quite some time. It works fine.

I have talked to Novak about that. You can run and they reccomend a 3 cell when using an 18.5 or slower. On 2 cell they reccomend the 13.5 to regain the wheel speed.
Since brushless motors go off of RPMs/Volts, how does a 13.5T get faster with few volts? I curious on that as I'm not that great with the electronics.

All I know is 4 months out of a ESC and Motor combo is pathetic . I know I drive hard and beat my LCC like a carney beats a step-child at the fair, but still not cool in my book.

But I also know others that have had no problem with them too. Just with how I drive, the goat 3s isn't up to the challenge.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

18.5 is 1650rpmx12.6v (fully charged lipo)=20,790 RPM
13.5 is 3300rpmx8.4v=27,720rpm

13.5 with a fully charged 2 cell is actually higher speed based on the spec's supplied by Novak.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #54
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcrawler150 View Post
Thanks for the replies. Now i know i should go brushless on the lcc i am (planning) to get. thanks. But now which brushless system, or brushless motor/esc combination do u reccomend?
I can only can give you what i have learned and the i love my tekin rs and 17.5 brushless combo oh and i also run a 13t pinon on a 3s battery
darkmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:08 AM   #55

Can any body give me pointers and info about a lcc such as are they good and what is a good motor to put in one when first starting?
firefighten_cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:19 AM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighten_cowboy View Post
Can any body give me pointers and info about a lcc such as are they good and what is a good motor to put in one when first starting?

READ and decide for yourself, these threads helped me decide.

Del Monte's Losi Comp Crawler

EeePee's Losi
sledge57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:02 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Okay maybe the most stupid question but is the LNC worth the money?
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:11 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

Default Ultra basic question

For any who have switched from an AX-10 to a Losi Crawler, or run both, I have the same old question about torque twist...
Does the worm gear axle of the LCC or LNC have:

A. Zero Torque twist

B. Very little Torque twist

C. Other: ______________

I want to stick with a shafty, but want the torque-twist-less-ness of a MOA. Can a worm axle make that dream a reality?
Thanks.
J.DUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:03 PM   #59

I am getting a lcc and the guy has never ran it just broke it in and he is including a traxxas brushless setup with the crawler and the motor is a 3300kv is the too high for the worm gears? and if so what would somebody recommend to replace it with also what about staying water proof?
firefighten_cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:54 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jduke31+6 View Post
For any who have switched from an AX-10 to a Losi Crawler, or run both, I have the same old question about torque twist...
Does the worm gear axle of the LCC or LNC have:

A. Zero Torque twist

B. Very little Torque twist

C. Other: ______________

I want to stick with a shafty, but want the torque-twist-less-ness of a MOA. Can a worm axle make that dream a reality?
Thanks.

There is zero torque twist with worm gears. And I mean zero, not a little, zero.
Iberian is offline   Reply With Quote