Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 05:36 PM   #121
I wanna be Dave

pushing out grease is normal when there is some excess as for the worm there should be 3 on each end and if there is no side mplay in the spool remove one shim from each side so there is only one on each but if there is just the slightest side to side movement in the spool w/ 2 shims leave them. how hot are the axles getting?
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2010, 06:05 PM   #122
Pebble Pounder

about 110
omenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:42 AM   #123
Quarry Creeper

I was wondering what servo i should buy for the LNC, everything is stock except a 2s lipo. It just doesn't have enough steering power
THEmicroRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #124
Rock Stacker

Being a newbie myself I can tell you that my first mod was a Hytec 7955tg steering servo which made a huge difference to the LNC. And with the new servo you will need a CCbec also.
team sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:11 PM   #125
Rock Stacker

This question was asked back on page 3 but no real answer...
My LNC at full turn, "and yes I cut back on full turn on my controller" the front tires rub and get stuffed into the front springs... I'm running the stock tires... How can this be fixed?
blacktoothgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:55 AM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktoothgrin View Post
This question was asked back on page 3 but no real answer...
My LNC at full turn, "and yes I cut back on full turn on my controller" the front tires rub and get stuffed into the front springs... I'm running the stock tires... How can this be fixed?
EPA's or End Point Adjustments....google it or search it on this forum
mibzzer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:12 AM   #127
Rock Stacker

I will ask since you don't know. what' s epa's or end point adjustmests?
and how will that stop my tires from getting crammed into the front springs when crawling?
Old 06-14-2010, 10:40 AM   #128
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
I will ask since you don't know. what' s epa's or end point adjustmests?
and how will that stop my tires from getting crammed into the front springs when crawling?

EPA = End Point Adjustments

theres a setting some where in your Radios menu, or turn knobs depending on radio. the EPA controls how far, in each direction, your servo can turn in each direction.

if you are turning them down to stop hitting your springs then your probably gonna take to much steering out of the rig. we all stuff our tires into the springs, its gonna happen but Ive never felt it was causing me any problems.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #129
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
EPA = End Point Adjustments

theres a setting some where in your Radios menu, or turn knobs depending on radio. the EPA controls how far, in each direction, your servo can turn in each direction.

if you are turning them down to stop hitting your springs then your probably gonna take to much steering out of the rig. we all stuff our tires into the springs, its gonna happen but Ive never felt it was causing me any problems.

Thank you for a more discriptive answer
Like stated in my first post I've already cut the steering short on my Radio, looks like hitting the springs is just part of it. I think I'll buy sum shocks that the spring internal, at least that will keep my springs from pulling off the bottom pearch.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:17 PM   #130
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
at least that will keep my springs from pulling off the bottom pearch.
Ive seen a trick once around here, someone used some clear heatshrink to capture the spring cup and last coil of the spring. Might try somethig like that.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:10 PM   #131

I had seen somewhere about the parts needed to outboard the shocks on the lnc when my wife was in the hospital but now I can't find it. Of course I was using my phone when I found it. Anybody have good luck doing this mod?
volsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #132
Rock Stacker

good info on both you guys post... hope you can that old post your lookin for tho.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:29 AM   #133

volsfan, I had seen that same post and several others about outboarding the shocks. I'll look for it in a bit but I don't think you really need any additional parts,just use the hardware from the shocks and move the shock from where it is, between the mounting brackets, to the outside bracket. I've had mine like this for almost two months with no problems.
Champy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:37 AM   #134

volsfan... search Night Crawler Upgrades and look on the 3rd page.I know I've seen it somewhere else.... may be Losi forum?
Champy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:09 AM   #135
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Ive seen a trick once around here, someone used some clear heatshrink to capture the spring cup and last coil of the spring. Might try somethig like that.
Quote:
good info on both you guys post... hope you can that old post your lookin for tho.

Kahuna's Build

Check out Kahuna's pictures, you'll see the clear (appears to be shrink wrap) around the springs and cups.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:26 PM   #136
Rock Stacker

wow good find robbob
That would definately work. time to test my handy man skills"scary"
Old 07-04-2010, 08:06 AM   #137
Quarry Creeper

Default Lnc

Just got LNC for my lil bro.Was wondering if the stock motor is any good?I have Integy Matrix 50 turn I could drop in.I'm not puttin this truck on lipo he will run NIMH batterys.If I was to drop the integy in the truck what pinion should I start off with?Thanks for any help.
Bcampisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:28 AM   #138
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcampisi View Post
Just got LNC for my lil bro.Was wondering if the stock motor is any good?I have Integy Matrix 50 turn I could drop in.I'm not puttin this truck on lipo he will run NIMH batterys.If I was to drop the integy in the truck what pinion should I start off with?Thanks for any help.
The stocker won't last long. Mine lasted for about a month, I swapped in a Titan 21t and it still has the same amount of wheel speed, with the stock 20:50 ratio, but it seems to have alot more power and not stall like the stock 55t would.
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #139

What kind of run times could I expect with a 1300 mAh 2s lipo in my night crawler? And what size battery will fit lower in the chassis (maybe on front links)?

This is the battery I'm considering.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/83p-1300mah-2s1p-74-20c.html

Thanks
only_in_a_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:11 AM   #140
Rock Stacker

Default hi

i have a losi night crawler 9 ounces of weight in each front tire and 3 ounches in each rear tire with white rovers what can i do to make it climb verticle walls
nightcrawler1984 is offline   Reply With Quote